Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Regardless of if you understand the app or not.

Lets say person 1 and person 2 (with the app) were somewhere together where the person 2 got pinged and decided (didn't have to legally) isolate, why would them coming out of isolation a day or two early be any different to the fact that person 1 hasn't isolated at all? Why are they irresponsible and careless when person 1 has been out and about about for 8 days?
Because one person knew they should be isolating and one didn’t. Not person 1s fault they weren’t contacted and aren’t able to work the technology.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Because one person knew they should be isolating and one didn’t. Not person 1s fault they weren’t contacted and aren’t able to work the technology.
So are you telling me you do not have the app because you can't work the technology?

The app isn't legally enforceable and never has been, only if you have been contacted by track and trace - they are not the same.

Reactions: 3
So are you telling me you do not have the app because you can't work the technology?

The app isn't legally enforceable and never has been, only if you have been contacted by track and trace - they are not the same.
i didn’t say why I didn’t have the app. There’s an array of reasons someone might not have the app, accessibility being one reason

isolating if you’re made aware you’ve been near someone with covid 19 is the right thing to do. No wonder this virus keeps spreading with so many careless “rebels” around, ey!

It’s so funny isn’t it @JoeBloggs , absolutely hilarious, that someone has been in contact with an aggressive virus that’s contributed to the deaths of millions of people, destructed the lives of every person on the planet, and yet they are so careless to potentially spread it around by not isolating when made aware that they’ve been in contact.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
If you haven’t downloaded the app and don’t check in and haven’t got the tracking on I don’t really see how you can judge anyone for not isolating.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i didn’t say why I didn’t have the app. There’s an array of reasons someone might not have the app, accessibility being one reason

isolating if you’re made aware you’ve been near someone with covid 19 is the right thing to do. No wonder this virus keeps spreading with so many careless “rebels” around, ey!
Fair enough, I don't have the app either but I wouldn't judge someone for legally coming out of isolation.

This is why there is so much conflict from each side, why judge someone on their behaviour when it is nothing to do with you nor do you really understand the conditions of their isolation/circumstance.

If you haven’t downloaded the app and don’t check in and haven’t got the tracking on I don’t really see how you can judge anyone for not isolating.
I’m not able to download the app. I can judge anyone I like.

Or - to go back to the question - not a complete lack of self-isolation but leaving the self-isolation two days early, on the day that nobody has to isolate any more.

Reactions: 7
Fair enough, I don't have the app either but I wouldn't judge someone for legally coming out of isolation.

This is why there is so much conflict from each side, why judge someone on their behaviour when it is nothing to do with you nor do you really understand the conditions of their isolation/circumstance.
I understand that they’ve been made aware they’ve been in the presence of a carrier of an aggressive virus, them choosing to ignore that is irresponsible and careless. Just because something isn’t legal doesn’t mean it’s not the right thing to do.
I said in my original post I didn’t mean to cause offence. So if someone is offended at my judgement it’s on them. My opinion isn’t gospel, nor is yours, Joe.

• Angry
I understand that they’ve been made aware they’ve been in the presence of a carrier of an aggressive virus, them choosing to ignore that is irresponsible and careless. Just because something isn’t legal doesn’t mean it’s not the right thing to do.
I said in my original post I didn’t mean to cause offence. So if someone is offended at my judgement it’s on them. My opinion isn’t gospel, nor is yours, Joe.
You didn't cause offence but I do think you might have not quite got what the question was really asking.

Reactions: 11
I haven’t read the whole thread and I’m relatively new here but I would say, if you are pinged or contacted by Test and Trace please do isolate and for the entirety.

I‘ve ran too many codes and called TOD on too many people that I couldn’t stand 1 more death that can be avoided, happening.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I haven’t read the whole thread and I’m relatively new here but I would say, if you are pinged or contacted by Test and Trace please do isolate and for the entirety.

I‘ve ran too many codes and called TOD on too many people that I couldn’t stand 1 more death that can be avoided, happening.
These people only seem to care about the legally enforced isolation, it’s no wonder this disease is spreading so rapidly. The advice is in place for a reason, not to make peoples lives miserable but to SAVE LIVES. No one wants to isolate but if you’re contacted it’s the right thing to do.

Yes - and that's why I feel people should either use the app or paper track and trace, so they can be contacted. I'm also in favour of vaccinations and quarantine, but not everyone is prepared to comply.

• Heart
I wasn’t answering the question I didn’t quote anyone in what I said. I merely stated an opinion on a thread. Gees!
OK but I'm sure you can see why it might have come across that way, being just after two people asking about leaving self isolation early it did seem very coincidental and maybe people are just tetchy while re-learning (to paraphrase an old quote) that not all responses following a question are necessarily answers.

These people only seem to care about the legally enforced isolation, it’s no wonder this disease is spreading so rapidly. The advice is in place for a reason, not to make peoples lives miserable but to SAVE LIVES. No one wants to isolate but if you’re contacted it’s the right thing to do.
It is and truly I’m at the point where I just want to bring the people who won’t isolate into the Covid wards. It’s not even just the covid patients who suffer by this on going either. I’ve had to cancel so many surgeries it’s heartbreaking.
Yes - and that's why I feel people should either use the app or paper track and trace, so they can be contacted. I'm also in favour of vaccinations and quarantine, but not everyone is prepared to comply.
Same here and unfortunately it only takes that small number of people who won’t comply to cause this to spiral.

Will be interesting how isolations will work next Monday if it does go ahead. Do Test and trace have access to our medical records to see if your double vaccinated? I had mine via an NHS trial and mine still isn’t showing in my electronic records 😂🤦‍♀️

OK but I'm sure you can see why it might have come across that way, being just after two people asking about leaving self isolation early it did seem very coincidental and maybe people are just tetchy while re-learning (to paraphrase an old quote) that not all responses following a question are necessarily answers.
I commented on a subject in a thread, that’s the point of the thread. I don’t need to answer a question to have a comment on the subjects being discussed, do I? Look I didn’t mean offence, I don’t want to go back and forth about this with several people and the whole angry and laughing emoji nonsense carrying on its boring and starts to feel like a lynch mob brewing. Not referring to you but others on the defence at a single comment I make.

All I am saying is I think it is irresponsible and careless to leave isolation regardless of track and tracing or pinging however you were notified, that’s my opinion. It doesn’t mean you or anyone else has to agree with it.

• Heart
They didn’t always make the message clear a lot of people still believe their life will return to normal once they get jabbed.
And that's because of coercion.

We were told..
If the vulnerable have their jabs they'll be safe and we can all get out of this.
Take both jabs to save the vulnerable.
Take both jabs to go on holiday.
Take both jabs and go clubbing/to large events.
Take both jabs and get to keep your job.

Tbf I can’t blame people for thinking that when we've been told it since before the jabs arrived, and then it be forced on us since from everywhere we look

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.