Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lisdiz

VIP Member
Can I ask why?
Because I don’t wish to have the vaccine. I am also post covid so have some form of natural immunity. I feel it is unfair to have people lose their jobs over a personal choice issue.
As you can still catch and pass on Covid regardless of vaccine status it is nothing bout coercive control and discrimination.
What I will say is a fellow colleague who is double jabbed also caught covid and had a much worse time of it then me. We would have potentially caught the same one ( variant) from the same place…….

Reactions: 11

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Jab n club now a thing 🧐
Genius! Under 25s are at a greater risk of myocarditis, so let's jab them and send them off to dance, drink and get hot at sweaty and raise their BP and pulse.
Seems perfectly safe when after everyone's jab they tell you to go home, rest, drink water and to leave or limit alcohol for a day or 2.
What could possibly go wrong!

JLXRD

VIP Member
Oh god no, be prepared for a massive culture shock then!
We're in a covid hot spot in the south and even we've ditched one way systems, but in Cornwall it's like covid hasn't happened at all in any respect.
In our experience no one cares at all, you'll see around 95% of people not wearing masks anywhere, and accents suggest it's not just tourists either.
It didn't bother us, but I can imagine it bothering other people
Agree, I’m South West and the last week or so masks and all SD are pretty much gone. Everywhere is packed because of all the people holidaying here too (Dorset).

I’m really pleased though because I was only masking up to make others feel comfortable, now that the majority aren’t I’ve ditched my mask 🥳 it feels like the old days at the moment and I’m so happy about it.

• Heart

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I understand that they’ve been made aware they’ve been in the presence of a carrier of an aggressive virus, them choosing to ignore that is irresponsible and careless. Just because something isn’t legal doesn’t mean it’s not the right thing to do.
I said in my original post I didn’t mean to cause offence. So if someone is offended at my judgement it’s on them. My opinion isn’t gospel, nor is yours, Joe.
You didn't cause offence but I do think you might have not quite got what the question was really asking.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member

What idiots they are. Not a brain cell between the lot of them. BBC have nothing to do with if vaccine passports will be brought in here or not. Attacking like a bunch of criminals isn't the way to get support for your cause.
They are there because the BBC push propaganda. People are paying for the privilege of being lied to. Hopefully, it will go under soon, as more and more are switching the beeb off and buying other media

• Haha
  • Heart

monga

VIP Member
Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C. I work in education so used to being around lots and lots of people, albeit at a distance or with a mask on.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable and pregnant). Sorry for the moan.
I think you should only do stuff within your comfort zone .I personally have been to many places from trampoline parks to funfairs (in the most infec ted place on this Island ) but I don't fear the virus I accept I'll catch it when it's my time but I refuse to waste that time, life is too short . I've also noticed a massive drop in people wearing masks here so for those that don't feel comfortable in indoor settings it must be a worry .

• Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member

He's one of the many around the world who would still be alive if it wasn't for lockdowns that do far more bad than good and damages mental health. He was a hard worker who had his job taken from him because of a few covid cases.

• Sad
  • Heart

Podular

Chatty Member
T

Theres some very condescending people on here. In particular the same people who laughed at me who didnt even know what was in the vaccine. They spoke to me like shit then got proven wrong but are still ok to be condescending. If that was me i would be embarrassed. Some people need to get off their high horses. xx
I don't believe in sides and don't give a 💩 whether people have been vaccinated or not , just freedom to choose but I do know that there are some very lovely , thoughtful people on here and some others who just show themselves up with their attitudes who I wouldn't like to know in real life. They excuse it by saying there is conflict on "both sides" but there really isn't... what unvaccinated and undecided are angry about is what's happening re the vaccines, fake reporting and restrictions NEVER other people going about their lives vaccinated.

• Heart

MARGARETANDJENNY

Some of the protest movement has been infiltrated to make people look like morons. That way genuine people with reasonable objections can also be made to look idiotic. That has always happened at any protest. Decent people then have their voice tarnished.

• Haha
  • Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Lol they’ve changed the little message you get when you log a negative LFT from:
“It’s likely you were not infectious when the test was done” to “a negative test is not a guarantee, there’s still a chance you might be infectious”.
Can’t be arsed 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
It sounds more like some of the morons have been infiltrated by people but I don't think many infiltrators were at White City yesterday. The members of "Official Voice" who organised (using the word out of context) the protest, 'DJ' Pat Wilson who presented the 'demands', Piers Corbyn who held an umbrella and Gillian McKeith who egged them on on Twitter all apparently think (again using that word out of context) that the BBC are still at White City 8 years after they moved out. It really doesn't say much for their research skills that not one of them can use Google.

Any 'reasonable' people who associate themselves with these morons are stretching their right to claim to be 'decent'.
If these people can't do a quick google on the BBC, what on earth are they reading about covid 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Sea

VIP Member
How annoying would it be to catch covid from a tiger at the zoo??
Spend 18mths restricting contact with people, mask wearing and all the other shit to then catch it from an animal 😂😂😂

In related news. Taking the family to the zoo next week for a birthday so that was a well timed read 🙃🙃
If you're that close to a tiger I'd be more scared of having my head bitten off by it than catching covid from it 😂

• Haha

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
They didn’t always make the message clear a lot of people still believe their life will return to normal once they get jabbed.
And that's because of coercion.

We were told..
If the vulnerable have their jabs they'll be safe and we can all get out of this.
Take both jabs to save the vulnerable.
Take both jabs to go on holiday.
Take both jabs and go clubbing/to large events.
Take both jabs and get to keep your job.

Tbf I can’t blame people for thinking that when we've been told it since before the jabs arrived, and then it be forced on us since from everywhere we look

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
It should be a right for those who do not want to be vaccinated to have their choices respected. International travel however is not a right, if the choices you have made deny it, so be it.
I just don't get this, me being vaccinated does not protect anyone, not even me from covid. Anyone who tries to justify what is going on is either stupid, brainwashed or just pissed off they got vaccinated and others didn't.

It does not make any sense so stop trying to make it make sense.

Double vaccinated will no longer have to isolate etc when travelling. covid will still spread and the unvaccinated will get the blame. How can people not see what is right under their noses.

The emperor is stark bollock naked, open your eyes and look

• Heart

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
OK, your opinion, I'm not going to argue, but can you please explain why so many doubles jabbed are in hospitals?
A large proportion of people in hospitals with covid are asymptomatic. They only know they have it when they get admitted and tested. This goes for double jabbed too - just because people are in hospital with covid it doesn’t mean that’s what they are being treated for. Yes there will be some double jabbed on ventilators too, but the vaccine was never 100% effective. Also now we see stats like “60% of patients in hospital are double jabbed!” (Just as example not an exact figure)… this doesn’t imply the causation is the jab, and the figure of patients overall is lower. Having most of the population double jabbed means of course the amount in hospitals who are double jabbed increases. If every single person in the country had it 100% of all cases in hospital would be “double jabbed” . That was a very rambling way to explain something… sorry!

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Because it clearly wasn’t essential, a G7 summit is a bit different.
Do you know what is actually essential?
Mental health assessments.
Dementia assessments.
Cancer treatment and any other life saving treatment and Dr's meeting to discuss that.
Education....
All of which were deemed not essential enough for people to meet, so everything was done via Teams or Zoom.

No our conference wasn't essential, we were given instruction on how to have this at local levels via zoom.

The same could have been done with the G7, they managed it at the Climate crisis meeting and Biden seemed to think that was dangerous enough to wear his mask then 🤦🏼‍♀️

Fast forward a bit and he seems to think it's safe enough to hug Macron, even though the Delta variant is flying around all over.

Come on, you can't defend that.

What's good for them and their rules is good enough for plebs using the same rules.

Eta... since we now know that vaccinated people with delta have the same viral load as unvaccinated the rules shouldn't be any different

• Heart
Is anyone else still being 'careful' and limiting social contacts? I really want to take my son to the cinema but there's no SD and it just feels unsafe.

My sis in law posted a story on SM last night and she was out with family, the pub was heaving and looked like a world before covid. Good for many people's MH I guess but it's scared me. Were going on hol together this week and I'm anxious she'll have caught the C. I work in education so used to being around lots and lots of people, albeit at a distance or with a mask on.

I'm a worrier anyway and have both jabs (clinically vulnerable and pregnant). Sorry for the moan.
I am still being cautious by wearing a mask and keeping my distance. I saw my family last month that I haven’t seen in over a year and seen friends recently too. I have avoided crowded places just because of my own worries and anxiety.

Don’t apologise for feeling the way you do, you are entitled to feel this way and it is totally understandable. Take your time with things and do what feels right for you in terms of meeting people or going to places. It is important you feel comfortable and safe.

Abcd123

VIP Member
I honestly can't believe the change in this thread either!!! I hardly post but have been an avid reader throughout this pandemic as I found it a lovely place for folk to air their views and ask for advice in a non judgemental environment?? What the hell happened?? I hope you are ok 😘 xx
It's turned really quite nasty and dismissive, glad it's not just me that's noticed. Thanks v much.

• Heart