Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
I’m in Ireland and we’re a lot further back on opening, retail only opens next week, we’ve only just been “allowed” click and collect this week for the first time since December.

As I’ve said and I know it’s upset some I’ve refused the vaccine for now and I’ve never followed the rules, I’ve never gone out of my way to break rules but I’ve done what’s best for my health because if my government doesn’t care about my health until I’m struck down with covid I’ll take it into my own hands, and I have done from about 5 weeks into the first lockdown when I knew I wouldn’t last whilst following it.

I’m scared for my mum getting sick, she’s got her vaccine and I put her on VD/C early on in the pandemic, I will do everything I can to protect her and everyone around me, but I’m angry that we have a health system that is now crumbling and failing to meet thousands of peoples needs and this fucking panto is still going on, live shows have been cancelled, bull shit, there’s a new show every time this lot get up on stage with another announcement,

Ireland had a major hacking incident yesterday with all health information compromised, the hackers have asked for a ransom 😐 all appointments cancelled this week,
I don’t know where I’m going with this comment to be honest 😂
It’s an odd time to be alive isn’t it.

I've done the same regarding making my own rules up.
We were pretty strict and played it to the letter first time round, because as others have said no one knew what was going on.
Once we opened up in the summer I never played again when we picked back down.
I wasn't reckless, but I let my kids see their friends, and they were allowed in the house.
It's one thing to save ourselves from a virus, but we lost saving ourselves from the head fuck of it, which we know also has lifelong consequences.

We went to town and Sainsburys today (its all rock n roll in my house 😂) and by habit I took my mask. I got halfway round the shopping centre and took it off. I had my fuck this shit moment. So that's it for me now, I'm done. My son asked if he could take his off and I said it was up to him and how he felt as it's 'against the rules'. When I turned round he was mask free too!

This sounds super sad, but it was quite liberating! There was a few maskless people and it felt like knowing looks we were giving each other, maybe a bit like 'good for you mate!'.

So it's game over for me now, I'll play by rules at work because its a professional capacity, but not in my personal life. I'm ending it here, fuck it

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Another life lost due to covid but not having covid

1622452082516.png
1622452082516.png

Our precious daughter, Jessica, died on the 20th December 2020. She was 27 years old.

She had been ill for 6 months, but the spring/summer lockdown meant face to face consultations with her GP were restricted and numerous antibiotics were prescribed, even in the absence of a physical examination. Jessica was told for months she was suffering from Long Covid despite two negative coronavirus tests.
She was finally diagnosed with cancer on the 26th November. Her dependency upon oxygen from this date meant she did not leave the hospital or ever return home. We discovered that Jess had stage 4 adenocarcinoma with an unknown primary. It had spread throughout her body, to her spine, liver, stomach, lungs and lymph nodes. We are obviously devastated. Our world has been shattered.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Not anti vax.
Not anti anything.
Jaded cynical cow still not prepared to get the vaccine 😐 and as time goes on I’m feeling more and more comfortable with my decision. For now at least!

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Anyone that lets their children have this needs their brains tested or a slap upside the head.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

Bellaboo83

VIP Member
Hi I'm an infrequent visitor to your thread. Made the decision not to vax on informed choice.

Just a couple of the many stories in the mail today. I feel like those of us who have said no thank you are really being targeted now.

This is very real propaganda and they are trying several tactics including bribery (you can go on holiday if you get the vaccine) to fake news (the Indian variant is deadly quickly get your vaccine) to shame (if you don't get your vaccine you're as bad as a drink driver)

I can see through it but I can see how it might sway the 'on the fence group. The ALW quote is a disgrace, I don't know how it's been allowed to be printed.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23

DreamDolly

VIP Member
you do like to make bitchy digs at the NHS dolly, so extremely childish, every time I try and catch up here it seems like the junior school has just been let out in the playground.
regardless of your beliefs on covid, if you’re not spending your days wiping patients asses and helping them recover from the many other illnesses that keep the wards busy 24/7 then maybe show a little bit of respect by dropping this line of goading now.
its tacky.
So I’m childish by making a point about doctors and nurses uploading dance moves to TikTok while people like my friend, who was dying of breast cancer had her appointments cancelled week after week because the NHS was “overwhelmed”??
We were told to “protect” the NHS, because it was at breaking point, so you can understand why there are lots of people who are angry because they have lost loved ones, because appointments were cancelled, and then see the dancing doctors and nurses on TikTok, and I’m sorry, but I think it was wrong of them to do it. This is my opinion, which I’m entitled to, same as anyone else.
And I’ve always been too worried to ever tell you that your comments and digs at me, really do upset me. I don’t know what I’ve done to warrant this, but it does really upset me.
Calling me bitchy, childish, all because I have an opinion about doctors doing TikTok dances, and my friend who was dying was having her appointments cancelled, is so upsetting.
Other people have also posted about this, but it’s me who is singled out. Again.
I thought we were friends Oohth.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

PaddyDomino

I wear the mask to make other people feel comfortable. That’s the only reason why, that doesn’t mean I cannot connect to the emotion of a moment that someone else had.
I wear mine at work when I have too and in shops etc. For others only. However I don’t care personally when someone isn’t.
I'm exactly the same, I only wear a mask to make other people feel comfortable, and I don't give two hoots if someone doesn't wear one near me.
Anyone who calls in to my house, I say to them to take off the mask, if they like, and everyone has taken it off gladly, and with relief.
I had two altercations last week, with people who asked me to put a mask on, even though we were outside! Bugger that!
One was at a takeaway coffee hatch, I was standing pretty far away from the guy, and he asked me to put a mask on. I said "I'm outside, I'm not putting one on".
He pointed at a sign saying customers should wear a mask, I just shook my head and refused and said "I'm outside in the fresh air!" .
I hadn't seen the sign, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to buy a coffee there. I was about to walk off but he gave in then, and served me, and was quite pleasant in the end.
I understand that some people are scared and I feel I show respect by wearing one indoors, and keeping two metres away etc but I'm not going to go along with ridiculous requests!
A few days later, I was walking through a kind of archway, with plenty of fresh air blowing through it, and some random woman asked me if I had a mask 🙄
I wasn't anywhere near her!
I said "you've got no right to ask me about masks" and just kept going.
I'm absolutely sick and tired of the feeling that, at any time, some busybody is going to give me a hard time for walking around minding me own business!
Apologies for this long rant! 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 22

MARGARETANDJENNY

Some people have very valid reasons for not wanting the vaccine. The media is stirring up hate and bullying towards them. Its disgusting, it doesnt mean you are selfish. They are blaming ordinary people instead of the government. I dont like the way this is going. Its frightening. AND idiot refusenik is a revolting term !

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

inkypinkyponky

VIP Member
I've seen this posted on Instagram which is quite concerning
I think its horrendous that anyone would think about treating a fellow human being like that. Is shocking. People should never feel forced into anything.
They say its dangerous for the NHS, what about all the junk eating, smoking, drinkers putting the NHS under lots of pressure and costs. Thats ok then. I have made a decision not to vaccinate but i eat a healthy vegetarian diet mostly fresh veg and fruit, take supplements, exercise, don't drink (have a glass of wine with dinner now and again. Im doing all i can to stay healthy and less likely to be impacted by Covid if i do have it. I very much doubt i will end up in hospital. if i can't access the NHS give me a share of my taxes back that pay for it. As if this will happen but the attitude! I'm using nature as a vaccine and immune system booster thanks.
Even if i had vaccine i know i would not want to deny people their rights that don't. Im not harming anyone

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
I believe we're in for a rocky few months. The more people refuse this vaccine, the more desperate they're going to get. There's an article in the mail today calling unvaccinated people "idiot vaccine refuseniks". And because of them they're going to have to delay the 21st June. It can't be more blatant at this stage that there is something extremely sinister going on.

• Wow
  • Sad

Frensham90

A family member has passed away this morning after a series of sudden strokes, leaving their left side paralysed, neck down paralysed, on life support and now sadly deceased. Yet close family members are still on at me to get vaccinated!!!! This guilt trip is unbearable. I’m having to bite my tongue about stating the obvious they they were healthy pre vaccine. Only in their early 70s. This is no coincidence!!!

• Sad

Yoghurtpots

VIP Member
Grr raging😤 my (truther) dad had leukaemia around 14 years ago when he was 36. He got a full bone marrow transplant from his brother. Every year he gets his bloods and vitals checked to checked to make sure hes ok. He went in today, first time post scamdemic and they lectured him for not taking the jab, he said the dr started talking to him like he was a baby and when my Dad told her about the deaths, the fact its not approved, mrna technology etc he said the atmosphere in the room went cold. He then had his weight and blood pressure done and got a list of what they would be checking his bloods for. They then asked him to take a covid swab. He declined saying that hes not ill and their is no reason for him to take one (plus ethylene oxide, no asymptomatic transmission, elderly vaccinated etc).. they turned around and said to him "ok you can go now" and sent him away without checking his bloods!!😤🤬😠 he has paid into this all his life! And its illegal! They would treat a paedophile and murderer but not my dad! I swear this is a cult and is becoming extremely volatile and scary for us all. Its so sad that the media/government can control people the way they can. It annoys me that the majority of the public can't think for themselves and don't see how this is getting eerily similar to 1940s Germany.

• Sad
  • Wow

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
So if you don't get the jab you're insane, deserve to be beaten up and have your coffee poisoned.
This was said live on radio to tens of thousands of listeners.
Inciting violence is now allowed by the MSM.

Glad you're ok @DreamDolly. Good to see you back!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
again I didn’t reply to cupcake to scold her, nor would I anyone, not my business and I’ll support her decision!
just won’t encourage it

btw @Cupcakemum we also let the kids play together from pretty early on. Many didn’t and their kids suffered hugely from it.!especially the only children who completely forgot how to interact with our lot.
You can smack my butt if you like 😂 I didn't take it off as a fuck you though, I took it off as a fuck this.
I'm probably the most caring person out there, but if me wearing a mask is making someone feel safe then maybe a person feeling that needs to have a think. Me wearing a single layer mask, or some crappy surgical one is saving no one's life and everyone knows that. I didn't go lick anyone, and kept my distance at all times. Not one mask wearer gave me a crusty look either, and it felt so good passing people and actually being able to smile at them.

People are now walking around eating and drinking with no mask, so what's the difference me still wearing them? Kids can go mask free at school from Monday, so me not wearing one for an hour in town will make no difference to anyone. Kids don't have to wear one in shops and spread the same virus (well maybe more because I've had the jab, and that MIGHT reduce transmission) so again me wearing one does nothing.

I think most people are wearing because they're scared of a bollocking, some believe they're doing some good, and some are sticking with the majority and not wanting to be the only one without one.

I'd never encourage anyone to do what I did, I proved that by asking my son to make his own decision and reminded him of the rules. My husband kept his on and I support his choice.

There were no masks this time last year with no vaccine and the same low case and hospital numbers as now, so I don't see why I need to wear one now when the vulnerable are vaccinated and we're in a better position 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I believe more than half who are wearing masks are wearing them to make others feel better. Whenever I speak to people they say it's easier to wear one, not that they believe they work. Gasman came here last night due to my electric box falling off the wall (eeeek) He asked if I wanted him to wear a mask, I said No, he said thank goodness for that. I asked him what do most people say, he said everyone says no. I have had the same all through, Not one workman or visitor has come into my home with a mask on.

Emperors new clothes Everyone thought that everyone else could see the fine clothes except them who only see a naked butt until a brave soul spoke up.
it's just prolonging the agony. Rip that plaster off in one.

Speaking of plasters, how come they don't stick as they use to? they never hurt taking them off now or leave a black mark around where they were. I remember them taking all the hairs off my arm.

• Heart

Fauxphiehinchcliffe

Chatty Member
I am new to this thread....I am mental health social worker and am hating what I am
Seeing every day as a result of the lockdowns. I had both vaccinations as soon as I could (January as classed as a front line worker) as was so
Terrified of bringing the virus home to my family and was seeing the effects of the virus everywhere at work. I was very distressed and frightened. I viewed anyone anti vax or anyone who denied covid was real as completley misled and was frustrated by it, feeling that ‘those people’ were putting me at risk and making my work life so much more challenging. I don’t want to cause any offence - just explaining what led me here. I felt that any ‘conspiracy theories’ were about covid not being real which just seemed bonkers to me because I could see it.

However Now pressures are easing slightly I have a little more time to think and am more curious now. It’s like finally there’s room in my brain for critical thinking and anything other than mainstream media agenda. I’ve been so frustrated and angry with how the government have (mis)managed this pandemic from start to finish and have zero trust.

So I’ve been lurking here on/off when I can for a few days and really interested and feel my eyes being opened a bit. Where would be a good place to read more? There are so many posts and threads there’s no way o can read them all! 😱

I am also really interested in the links between vaccine and infertility. I have heard this a lot with people I am working with and am TTC muself, but Google just seems to bring up that there is ‘no evidence of a link’ etc.

Where do you find information on the ‘other side’ of the arguments about covid and vaccine and how do you know you can trust it?

Thank you 😊

• Heart

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
ARGHHHH the reason for lockdown was to stop the NHS from getting overwhelmed, why are they still going on about tougher covid restrictions to stop the spread in certain areas. either your poxy vaccines work or they don't!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
see unpopular opinion on here,
I’m not gonna go out of my way to make others feel uncomfortable when all I’m being asked to do is wear a bit of cloth for a few minutes, I don’t know how others feel and how anxious they might be, I don’t need to do a “fuck you” to the state and in the process effect others,
It’s a mask, it won’t be forever, I’m not doing an 8 hours shift or being asked to wear it all day long, nor would I encourage others to “liberate themselves”
i have always rejected rules that impact my life but I’m not about making a scene or making others uncomfortable.
I understand why @Cupcakemum felt it was liberating. People who don't wear masks get a lot of abuse so by not wearing a mask, it is a brave decision but also liberating and free. You can breathe properly. If people were that scared of covid then they can keep their distance. There are many who wear masks and you can tell they are just wearing it for the sake of it because the mask is pulled down to their mouth. They only wear masks because they are complying.

When I see a person not wearing a mask, I feel happy and proud of them because masks can be detrimental to your health. Also, it shows their strength- they are doing what they feel is right not blindly following rules for the sake of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 19