Conspiracy Theories #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
End of old thread here.

Reactions: 2
There is a world wide protest today at 1pm. One in Manchester Piccadilly Gardens and one in London. I haven't missed a protest yet. The worst one was the one on April 18th, it was the weekend pub gardens opened. People were looking at us like we were crazy. Barely anyone turned up as they thought it was over in June. Hopefully this time a few more have woken up and will join in.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
There is a world wide protest today at 1pm. One in Manchester Piccadilly Gardens and one in London. I haven't missed a protest yet. The worst one was the one on April 18th, it was the weekend pub gardens opened. People were looking at us like we were crazy. Barely anyone turned up as they thought it was over in June. Hopefully this time a few more have woken up and will join in.
My daughter has been to them all (London) Every one of them has been bigger than the one before by a huge amount. There was only one that was awful, "police" were very heavy-handed and stopped most people even getting there, then kettled people into dead ends, rushing them to the floor and hitting them, which was really nasty. But the last few have been amazing with a beautiful atmosphere. People just broke through the "police" hand in hand.. Wonderful.

See this the other day and made me laugh. tried to find it to post but couldn't but it just popped up again

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Looking on the covid thread there was a very different tone on there today.
I think I might have helped break that thread yesterday 😂 I’m a miserable duck about this tit. I spread it like a virus 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think I might have helped break that thread yesterday 😂 I’m a miserable duck about this tit. I spread it like a virus 😂
I’m with you. So over it now. I felt sick to my stomach about BoJos conference yesterday if he had put the brakes on for Monday I’m not sure I could have coped much longer to be honest.
I don’t see what the gain is at this point. I don’t understand why they want to continue this fearmongering and ruining people’s lives. It’s mentally, physically and emotionally draining.
I try and avoid it as best as I can now but have to keep up with the changes in restrictions so I know when I can legally see my family again.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m with you. So over it now. I felt sick to my stomach about BoJos conference yesterday if he had put the brakes on for Monday I’m not sure I could have coped much longer to be honest.
I don’t see what the gain is at this point. I don’t understand why they want to continue this fearmongering and ruining people’s lives. It’s mentally, physically and emotionally draining.
I try and avoid it as best as I can now but have to keep up with the changes in restrictions so I know when I can legally see my family again.
I’m in Ireland and we’re a lot further back on opening, retail only opens next week, we’ve only just been “allowed” click and collect this week for the first time since December.

As I’ve said and I know it’s upset some I’ve refused the vaccine for now and I’ve never followed the rules, I’ve never gone out of my way to break rules but I’ve done what’s best for my health because if my government doesn’t care about my health until I’m struck down with covid I’ll take it into my own hands, and I have done from about 5 weeks into the first lockdown when I knew I wouldn’t last whilst following it.

I’m scared for my mum getting sick, she’s got her vaccine and I put her on VD/C early on in the pandemic, I will do everything I can to protect her and everyone around me, but I’m angry that we have a health system that is now crumbling and failing to meet thousands of peoples needs and this bleeping panto is still going on, live shows have been cancelled, bull tit, there’s a new show every time this lot get up on stage with another announcement,

Ireland had a major hacking incident yesterday with all health information compromised, the hackers have asked for a ransom 😐 all appointments cancelled this week,
I don’t know where I’m going with this comment to be honest 😂
It’s an odd time to be alive isn’t it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’m in Ireland and we’re a lot further back on opening, retail only opens next week, we’ve only just been “allowed” click and collect this week for the first time since December.

As I’ve said and I know it’s upset some I’ve refused the vaccine for now and I’ve never followed the rules, I’ve never gone out of my way to break rules but I’ve done what’s best for my health because if my government doesn’t care about my health until I’m struck down with covid I’ll take it into my own hands, and I have done from about 5 weeks into the first lockdown when I knew I wouldn’t last whilst following it.

I’m scared for my mum getting sick, she’s got her vaccine and I put her on VD/C early on in the pandemic, I will do everything I can to protect her and everyone around me, but I’m angry that we have a health system that is now crumbling and failing to meet thousands of peoples needs and this bleeping panto is still going on, live shows have been cancelled, bull tit, there’s a new show every time this lot get up on stage with another announcement,

Ireland had a major hacking incident yesterday with all health information compromised, the hackers have asked for a ransom 😐 all appointments cancelled this week,

I've done the same regarding making my own rules up.
We were pretty strict and played it to the letter first time round, because as others have said no one knew what was going on.
Once we opened up in the summer I never played again when we picked back down.
I wasn't reckless, but I let my kids see their friends, and they were allowed in the house.
It's one thing to save ourselves from a virus, but we lost saving ourselves from the head duck of it, which we know also has lifelong consequences.

We went to town and Sainsburys today (its all rock n roll in my house 😂) and by habit I took my mask. I got halfway round the shopping centre and took it off. I had my duck this tit moment. So that's it for me now, I'm done. My son asked if he could take his off and I said it was up to him and how he felt as it's 'against the rules'. When I turned round he was mask free too!

This sounds super sad, but it was quite liberating! There was a few maskless people and it felt like knowing looks we were giving each other, maybe a bit like 'good for you mate!'.

So it's game over for me now, I'll play by rules at work because its a professional capacity, but not in my personal life. I'm ending it here, duck it

• Heart
Reactions: 28

My OHs family are in NI and desperate to see their grandchild, I really feel for you all!
just looked at your daily figures all those restrictions for a 424 case a day rolling average. So heavy handed and uncalled for.

Reactions: 5
I hate these articles. They are deliberately designed to turn people against the unvaccinated. That'll be the next coercion tactic now. Turning us against each other.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I've done the same regarding making my own rules up.
We were pretty strict and played it to the letter first time round, because as others have said no one knew what was going on.
Once we opened up in the summer I never played again when we picked back down.
I wasn't reckless, but I let my kids see their friends, and they were allowed in the house.
It's one thing to save ourselves from a virus, but we lost saving ourselves from the head duck of it, which we know also has lifelong consequences.

We went to town and Sainsburys today (its all rock n roll in my house 😂) and by habit I took my mask. I got halfway round the shopping centre and took it off. I had my duck this tit moment. So that's it for me now, I'm done. My son asked if he could take his off and I said it was up to him and how he felt as it's 'against the rules'. When I turned round he was mask free too!

This sounds super sad, but it was quite liberating! There was a few maskless people and it felt like knowing looks we were giving each other, maybe a bit like 'good for you mate!'.

So it's game over for me now, I'll play by rules at work because its a professional capacity, but not in my personal life. I'm ending it here, duck it
This made me feel emotional, the scene of you being in the supermarket, maskless looking at other maskless people, all knowing. It felt powerful and connecting,

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
This made me feel emotional, the scene of you being in the supermarket, massless looking at other maskless people, all knowing. It felt powerful and connecting,
see unpopular opinion on here,
I’m not gonna go out of my way to make others feel uncomfortable when all I’m being asked to do is wear a bit of cloth for a few minutes, I don’t know how others feel and how anxious they might be, I don’t need to do a “duck you” to the state and in the process effect others,
It’s a mask, it won’t be forever, I’m not doing an 8 hours shift or being asked to wear it all day long, nor would I encourage others to “liberate themselves”
i have always rejected rules that impact my life but I’m not about making a scene or making others uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
see unpopular opinion on here,
I’m not gonna go out of my way to make others feel uncomfortable when all I’m being asked to do is wear a bit of cloth for a few minutes, I don’t know how others feel and how anxious they might be, I don’t need to do a “duck you” to the state and in the process effect others,
It’s a mask, it won’t be forever, I’m not doing an 8 hours shift or being asked to wear it all day long, nor would I encourage others to “liberate themselves”
i have always rejected rules that impact my life but I’m not about making a scene or making others uncomfortable.
I wear the mask to make other people feel comfortable. That’s the only reason why, that doesn’t mean I cannot connect to the emotion of a moment that someone else had.
I wear mine at work when I have too and in shops etc. For others only. However I don’t care personally when someone isn’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I wear the mask to make other people feel comfortable. That’s the only reason why, that doesn’t mean I cannot connect to the emotion of a moment that someone else had.
I wear mine at work when I have too and in shops etc. For others only. However I don’t care personally when someone isn’t.
again I didn’t reply to cupcake to scold her, nor would I anyone, not my business and I’ll support her decision!
just won’t encourage it

btw @Cupcakemum we also let the kids play together from pretty early on. Many didn’t and their kids suffered hugely from it.!especially the only children who completely forgot how to interact with our lot.

Reactions: 2
I believe more than half who are wearing masks are wearing them to make others feel better. Whenever I speak to people they say it's easier to wear one, not that they believe they work. Gasman came here last night due to my electric box falling off the wall (eeeek) He asked if I wanted him to wear a mask, I said No, he said thank goodness for that. I asked him what do most people say, he said everyone says no. I have had the same all through, Not one workman or visitor has come into my home with a mask on.

Emperors new clothes Everyone thought that everyone else could see the fine clothes except them who only see a naked butt until a brave soul spoke up.
it's just prolonging the agony. Rip that plaster off in one.

Speaking of plasters, how come they don't stick as they use to? they never hurt taking them off now or leave a black mark around where they were. I remember them taking all the hairs off my arm.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
again I didn’t reply to cupcake to scold her, nor would I anyone, not my business and I’ll support her decision!
just won’t encourage it

btw @Cupcakemum we also let the kids play together from pretty early on. Many didn’t and their kids suffered hugely from it.!especially the only children who completely forgot how to interact with our lot.
You can smack my butt if you like 😂 I didn't take it off as a duck you though, I took it off as a duck this.
I'm probably the most caring person out there, but if me wearing a mask is making someone feel safe then maybe a person feeling that needs to have a think. Me wearing a single layer mask, or some crappy surgical one is saving no one's life and everyone knows that. I didn't go lick anyone, and kept my distance at all times. Not one mask wearer gave me a crusty look either, and it felt so good passing people and actually being able to smile at them.

People are now walking around eating and drinking with no mask, so what's the difference me still wearing them? Kids can go mask free at school from Monday, so me not wearing one for an hour in town will make no difference to anyone. Kids don't have to wear one in shops and spread the same virus (well maybe more because I've had the jab, and that MIGHT reduce transmission) so again me wearing one does nothing.

I think most people are wearing because they're scared of a bollocking, some believe they're doing some good, and some are sticking with the majority and not wanting to be the only one without one.

I'd never encourage anyone to do what I did, I proved that by asking my son to make his own decision and reminded him of the rules. My husband kept his on and I support his choice.

There were no masks this time last year with no vaccine and the same low case and hospital numbers as now, so I don't see why I need to wear one now when the vulnerable are vaccinated and we're in a better position 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I'm exactly the same, I only wear a mask to make other people feel comfortable, and I don't give two hoots if someone doesn't wear one near me.
Anyone who calls in to my house, I say to them to take off the mask, if they like, and everyone has taken it off gladly, and with relief.
I had two altercations last week, with people who asked me to put a mask on, even though we were outside! Bugger that!
One was at a takeaway coffee hatch, I was standing pretty far away from the guy, and he asked me to put a mask on. I said "I'm outside, I'm not putting one on".
He pointed at a sign saying customers should wear a mask, I just shook my head and refused and said "I'm outside in the fresh air!" .
I hadn't seen the sign, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to buy a coffee there. I was about to walk off but he gave in then, and served me, and was quite pleasant in the end.
I understand that some people are scared and I feel I show respect by wearing one indoors, and keeping two metres away etc but I'm not going to go along with ridiculous requests!
A few days later, I was walking through a kind of archway, with plenty of fresh air blowing through it, and some random woman asked me if I had a mask 🙄
I wasn't anywhere near her!
I said "you've got no right to ask me about masks" and just kept going.
I'm absolutely sick and tired of the feeling that, at any time, some busybody is going to give me a hard time for walking around minding me own business!
Apologies for this long rant! 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm exactly the same, I only wear a mask to make other people feel comfortable, and I don't give two hoots if someone doesn't wear one near me.
Anyone who calls in to my house, I say to them to take off the mask, if they like, and everyone has taken it off gladly, and with relief.
I had two altercations last week, with people who asked me to put a mask on, even though we were outside! Bugger that!
One was at a takeaway coffee hatch, I was standing pretty far away from the guy, and he asked me to put a mask on. I said "I'm outside, I'm not putting one on".
He pointed at a sign saying customers should wear a mask, I just shook my head and refused and said "I'm outside in the fresh air!" .
I hadn't seen the sign, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to buy a coffee there. I was about to walk off but he gave in then, and served me, and was quite pleasant in the end.
I understand that some people are scared and I feel I show respect by wearing one indoors, and keeping two metres away etc but I'm not going to go along with ridiculous requests!
A few days later, I was walking through a kind of archway, with plenty of fresh air blowing through it, and some random woman asked me if I had a mask 🙄
I'm absolutely sick and tired of the feeling that, at any time, some busybody is going to give me a hard time for walking around minding me own business!
If people were scared of unmasked people they would keep their distance and keep walking, those who say something are not scared they are angry that you have the guts to do what they can't. Most of those who say something are the ones who are not wearing them correctly and keep touching them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I really feel for the masked up people out doors who still get freaked out by other people walking around outside. That’s some serious fear going on inside.

Reactions: 18
I really feel for the masked up people out doors who still get freaked out by other people walking around outside. That’s some serious fear going on inside.
Yes, I feel sorry for them, and feel like saying to them to take it off and let the sun shine on their face, get some Vitamin D, and some fresh air!
But I mind my own business, I wish everyone would 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.