Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

puddingjuice

Came searching for this thread out of part frustration, and part fascination.

At one point I actually enjoyed Clancy's content, so I'm not a "hater" but you would think I was given her latest video. If anyone's interested, check out the latest video, you'll know right away which "hateful" comment I left and the subsequent rabid pile-on. It's fascinating to see how unhinged her fans are and how quick pile-on happens. Her fans call anyone who respectfully critiques a "hater" or "troll" -- they get emotionally fired up so quickly. And sorry if this is rude, but they're also kind of...dumb. Maybe 'basic' is a better descriptor. Clancy herself is also very defensive, which makes for an unhealthy fandom.

It's so refreshing to see other people have the same thoughts and actually be allowed to express them here. My impression was Clancy would be doing travel-style vlogs, not literally shopping every chance she gets and eating take out and drinking. They went to that white water center (whatever is was called) and just ended up just EATING there? That scene actually made laugh out loud. It was the one opportunity for us to see her do *something*. And she stays in higher end (I say higher end because she spent ~$4000/month on Airbnbs) Airbnbs and calls herself a "digital nomad." I actually thought when she quit her reporting job, she would live a more purposeful life, like she would take up writing again, maybe volunteer (as she once mentioned) -- things like that. I also thought she would be less image-focused, but she's gone the exact opposite way (so has Zac).

I especially find it funny to see her fans calling her 'low maintenance' with someone even saying they could see her doing the van life thing. This woman cannot handle living without any creature comforts at all. She has a stock pile of skin care products for goodness sake. She even has a hard time eating out of a different cup/bowl for her oatmeal. I knew she was neurotic, but her going full-time TrAveLinG really highlighted how controlling/neurotic/obsessive with routine she is. I'm neurotic myself, but the problem is she and her fans still pretend she is low maintenance and relatable, but that's just not her personality-type at all. She likes the fake nails, the regular facials, the hyper consumerism, the reality TV (which she always talks about, but claims not to watch at the same time?) She should just own it. It's not for me, but that's fine. This is a new "chapter" for her, and it's just not relatable to me anymore.

Sorry this was long. First comment. Had a lot to say :)

Reactions: 11
Oh how I love it when influencers try to give us mortals money saving tips. She is completely out of touch, I mean what's next? "Tips on how you too can have a well paid job using your mom's connections"?

Also she constantly says how “other people’s parents help them out! I had no help from my parents.” Never mind the fact they paid for her education so she had no debt, got her her first job… also won’t she have some “help” from her parents when she moves back home for a month and doesn’t have to pay rent?!

Reactions: 10

What10001

Chatty Member
I had 20k to blow on airbnbs. Soooo you spent it on random housing instead of a down payment on a house. Get more money saving tips from this winner 🙄

Reactions: 9

BottleBlonde

I love that there was maybe one thread of “hate” (aka just criticism), and the rest of the comments are saying how Clancy doesn’t deserve the hate LOL.
She’s in no position to give advice. It’s great that she’s saved up — it really is. But that’s because she had no student loans, 2x the income (from YouTube and reporting), and half the expenses of living because she and Zac split the rent. Of COURSE you’d be able to save money.

There are people who will never get ahead a day in their life, and that can be attributed to so many external factors. People inherit debt from their family. They get evicted and suddenly find themselves without a home. Saving money “at any income” is not feasible, and I think it’s a real slam on people who will spend their lives living paycheck-to-paycheck simply because they didn’t have the advantages of Clancy Burke.

lisbu1

OMG. So I've been watching Clancy for a few years, starting with, like many of you, the viral 2am morning routine. Excuse the long post because I have a lot of thoughts, lol. I read this thread from the beginning, and was very impressed at how someone totally called her leaving Local 12 well before she announced it! And I did feel disappointed when she left — I am currently in the journalism field so I found her reporting content super interesting and enjoyed it a lot.

I'm a terrible snarker and more of a commentator so I will not say anything about her outfits, lol, but I will say I'm always surprised when she shows getting all her clothes from A&F. I'm from Canada, and that place (along with Hollister) was extremely popular in the 2000's when I was in Junior High and High School. Is that a thing for 26 year olds to get almost all their clothes from there?!

Also, in defence of her oatmeal ... you do get used to dark / unsweetened chocolate or cocoa powder after a while! I've definitely put cocoa powder in things with very little sweetener. That being said, I do not care for cocoa powder in my oatmeal (although I love chocolate in general), and I'm always confused about how she can have such a tiny amount (like probably not even 200 calories) for breakfast and not be starving. :/ Especially if she's working out in the morning, that's just not enough. That always bothers me!

This is now very old now lol, but I needed to rant about the proposal: during the video explanation, I was nearly yelling on into my laptop! She got proposed to by someone she really loves, and the first thing she says is "I look so ugly without my makeup!" (or whatever it was). So much of the proposal story was how she wasn't dressed up / made up for the photos, and she was just so appearance-focussed! You just got engaged!!!!! Be happy!!! And maybe dress up a little more if you care this much about how you look?! Maybe I'm biased, but when my then bf (now husband) proposed to me, we were camping with my family. We'd just gotten back from a hike to our campsite, and he walked me to another part of the campsite where he had a cute setup. But I was wearing a large, baggy fleece zip-up my dad got for free from a company he used to work for, old leggings with holes, tall hiking socks and Toms shoes, and was generally sweaty / covered in bug spray and sunscreen. But I was so excited when it happened, and was so happy to see my family back at the campsite and we all had a wonderful time celebrating!! Also, her comment about how her short hair was "disgusting" ... I thought it was so cute back then when it was that length!

All these comments about their relationship will have me watching their interactions more closely going forward, because I never thought for a second that Zac and Clancy would break up or anything! I mean, I've obviously noticed Zac's sarcastic comments, but I mostly just viewed it as him acting that way for the camera. I mostly just fast forward through their chats though, since I get annoyed at Clancy's over enthusiastic way of talking to him and his bored, sarcastic drawl. I find people can speculate all they want about a couple's relationship, but it can be hard to get the full picture / story when all you see is short clips in videos. Obviously it can be representative of someone's relationship as a whole though, so you never know!

Random bit but I was so confused about why she kept showing the common area at her old apartment complex in Cinci so many times! That was super boring to me. Also random but when they first got to one of the airbnbs and Clancy was giving us a tour, she opened a closet and it had some cleaning supplies. And then she was like "hopefully they're not expecting us to clean!" ... a month without cleaning the floors (at least sweeping), especially since they wear shoes inside :sick:, or the bathrooms :sick:... that's just gross!!

Okay, here are a few quotes I liked / wanted to comment on (I told you I read from the beginning lol)

I just find this whole influencers/influencing thing super dangerous at times. Young people being inspired by some pseudo-influencers who have no clue about anything, or buy what they promote, or believe what they say and so on. For me social media influencers is one of the most tragic things that has happened the last 8+ years. Full of misinformation, lies, fake life, and lack of knowledge.
This is the best post in the entire thread!

Poor girl is clueless. The reason her channel grew over the years was because she was real, in all her awkward glory. This whole new life she has doesn’t fit her persona in the slightest, it’s so cringey. This girl has no clue what anyone wants to see, hear, or dress like for that matter. She’s shoving a square cube into a round hole.
Agree with this a lot. Plus, it was just odd that her entire channel was basically based on this job she apparently hated so much. I get wanting to be sensitive to your employer and stuff, but either just don't talk about all the stuff behind the scenes after you leave and just say you didn't think it was for you and that you were too tired, or don't come across as this being such a cool job and completely trash it after you've left.

Oh, and a while ago when she was defending herself about her OCD comments: that REALLY bothered me. I have a good friend whose hands are constantly completely raw and cracked because they have diagnosed OCD and hand washing is something they struggle with. But in a follow-up video, she mentioned that she had OCD when she was younger so it's okay to say it now???? What?!

i think she just has anxiety. like really really really bad anxiety. like she has to cover up her flaws constantly and is just overly self conscious about everything.
This this this this this. This sums up my feelings about her in general. Every time she's overdramatic about something, ranting about working out or not being a reporter or being obsessive about her food, I feel sort of sad. :/ Like this is just anxious behaviour — it's actually incredibly sad 🙁

I had a feeling her content would go downhill once she quit her reporter job and became a full-time influencer. I think the travel stuff could be interesting, but a bar is a bar is a bar, and the same old meals and dry chicken just doesn't make for interesting content.

Have they said where their next destination is? If not, my guess is maybe Boston, since they said they're going east, and they went there recently for a wedding and Clancy said she wanted to live there?

Okay, I'm done now! Congrats if anyone made it this far. I will be a regular contributor now that I've discovered this!

What10001

Chatty Member
Annnnd Clancy has officially dubbed herself an influencer. It’s funny how, a few videos ago, she was talking about how some jobs must be super easy (writers in particular — which it’s not at all what she thinks). But influencing is admirable? And we shouldn’t look up to her as a TV NEWS REPORTER. I don’t get her lol.
Poor girl is clueless. The reason her channel grew over the years was because she was real, in all her awkward glory. This whole new life she has doesn’t fit her persona in the slightest, it’s so cringey. This girl has no clue what anyone wants to see, hear, or dress like for that matter. She’s shoving a square cube into a round hole.

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
Also she constantly says how “other people’s parents help them out! I had no help from my parents.” Never mind the fact they paid for her education so she had no debt, got her her first job… also won’t she have some “help” from her parents when she moves back home for a month and doesn’t have to pay rent?!
Also her mother is paying for her wedding as she is too cheap to!

I can't believe I ever thought she was worth listening to. She is so tone deaf and in a bubble. Guys just make more money... tell that to the single parent who is working two jobs to pay rent, energy bills and put food on the table. She obviously doesn't know anyone struggling with the cost of living!

Reactions: 8

Thedudeabides

Chatty Member
Hi Clancy, I guess I am one of the 'haters' that you refer to. But as you delete any potentially negative comments on your comment section I wanted to chat freely without censorship on here. You chose to monetise your life and make it public on you tube so the general public have the right to comment on it. I actually find a lot of the comments insightful and constructive on here, I hope you take them on board to improve your wellbeing and relationship. Start by asking Zac what he would like to do over the next year and not just steamroller him to comply with your plans.

BottleBlonde

So Clancy’s tip for women taking off makeup for the first time with their S.O is to…do it slowly? Instead of taking off ALL your makeup, leave some on.

That has to be the WORST advice I’ve ever heard, my god lmao. Ladies, take off your makeup. Your skin will thank you. And if your S.O has an issue with that, that’s their problem (and a red flag). Damn.

Sloanes

The sleeping next to a big strong man comment was very weird. I don't like to think of those two in bed together. Also Zac does not seem big, strong or manly. Very girly to me. Her mother had to tell her she shouldn't be bad-mouthing her previous employer on the internet. How does Clancy not know this? I'm sure she got a lot of negative feedback. She and Zac both seem very immature.

• Haha

BottleBlonde

Clancy really needs to drop her “OCD” label. It’s not a description. It’s a diagnosis, same as any other mental illness. And then she said it’s almost shameful in this day and age if you’re not on medication…girl what? That has to be the most sheltered, baseless opinion I’ve heard in a long time.

vlogwatcher33

I just can’t get over that she was saying that making over $60,009 as a 26 year old is offensive or being underpaid…. Um? I also am shocked how much she makes on Adsense, for only getting 30k views per video!

What10001

Chatty Member
It’s veryyyy telling how angry zac was and defensive when someone called him out. Must have hit a nerve there. Let me just say I used to be a recruiter for an IT company, 90% of them work on commission and have jobs on the side. He says it like it’s so impressive, trust me it’s not lol. It’s high stress in hopes one of the people you’ve submitted will get the job out of 100 other candidates. If not all your work you put in that week means absolutely nothing and you don’t get paid. Talk about job security, that ain’t it. As far as sales goes, same shit different day. Waiting around for someone to buy your bs if they don’t guess who doesn’t get paid. He’s a joke. He’s always felt threatened by Clancy and he makes sure to keep her right in her place and she’s to dumb enough to see it.
Also, she actually got him a “real” job at local 12 and he lasted what 3 months if that, I’ll tell you why. He had a boss looking over him meetings he was expected to attend that he didn’t set up around his schedule. When you are used to having the freedom to do what you want, that’s a big difference. Now he’s back to calls and meetings, oh so impressive. He’s setting up appointments to pitch his bs 😆 ahh they make me laugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Sloanes

I've been reading here for some time, but finally had to create an account to comment on all the changes in Clancy. First, I had no idea she hated her TV News job. I thought she loved it and was good at it and really dedicated. She had me fooled. Which is making me question everything she says now. I'm not sure she really "loves" Nashville and is so "happy." She seems pretty miserable. All the eating out and binge drinking, then complaining about how sick they both feel, then doing it again. The increased clothes shopping seems to be a need to fill a void or because she is unhappy with her weight gain and/or her situation. I've never liked Zac and he seems to be getting worse. Very passive aggressive. I wonder if his co-workers watch and enjoy seeing him half naked lying around hungover all the time. I looked back at an old video of Clancy in Dayton and she was so energetic and seemingly happy then. What a contrast to today. This should be the happiest time of her life. She is free from a stressful job, engaged to be married and in love, (allegedly) and exploring America. So, why does she seem so tired and irritated and sad? I'm beginning to think she should dump Zac, get a new job with a decent schedule and start all over again.

RJF

VIP Member
Clancy blocked me for calling her 'C-vid' a cold.
She is definitely skilled at narrating/public speaking and I think (some of) her news dresses are really cute, but her role in the fear campaigns of the last few years has been quite damaging. She says she always looks into medical issues deeply to learn about them and how they affect her, but she did zero learning about the <xxx and got extremely ill from it - she admits, she was scared by the effects that happened to her, but she still guilts her viewers into taking it. And I say 'guilts' and not encourages, bc she name calls. She complains that people target those in media as manipulative and superfluous, but this is exactly why people are losing trust in media correspondents.
I didn’t have “Clancy Burke, regional roving reporter from YouTube, is at the centre of a global conspiracy theory to trick people into believing that there is a deadly virus going around when it’s actually pretty harmless” on my Tattle bingo card.

• Haha

sarajackman

I’m such a hater cos I complain that they don’t seem affectionate towards each other but then in todays video when they were dancing and kissing at the amusements I felt so uncomfortable and had to skip 😂
i honestly think it was all for show! We know she reads here. I can’t get over the doggy style stance 🤢

Sloanes

I am really finding her annoying now. I can't imagine any TV station even considering hiring her again. Real reporters-- true journalists- want to be on difficult stories. They want to go to Ukraine. They want to report live on a fire or a tornado or hurricane, even if the storm hits at 3AM. They find trials, the legal process, and politics interesting. Clancy wants to be an entertainer and has no business working in news. To me she seems totally motivated by money despite saying numerous times she is not. She's also motivated by doing the least work possible with a good schedule. News reporters have to be dedicated and willing to work crazy hours and be on call. Most any job requires that! And most people starting out don't make a lot of money, no matter the profession. Talking about her salary and the sales department salaries is very unprofessional. She pretended to like her job to get views on You Tube, and she got them. She's a fraud. I can now see why people at her station didn't like her.

aohara98

Can we get one vlog where she doesn't just show herself getting ready for work, her chocolate oatmeal, and then complain about how much money she's spending or something else petty that doesn't really matter? I used to like her videos and the complaining didn't both me as much because it wasn't as frequent, but I feel like in the past couple months it's gotten pretty unbearable so I'm unsubscribing.

What10001

Chatty Member
I’m sure he’s had a few words to say to her about staying in her robe until 5pm and waiting until the last minute to do everything. She quit her real job to travel, yet the last 6 weeks it seems like she’s just gotten lazier and lazier and instead of being prepared for this trip they are scrambling. Zach has maintained his full time job while have stress induced anxiety flare ups that are manifesting physically if that tells anyone how much has been going on behind the scenes. I’m sorry but I’d Rather play in traffic blind folded than deal with her voice longer than 13 seconds. Another thing I noticed is how in the world can anyone complain about stomach issues 24/7 and pound alcohol like that?! Makes zero sense.