Clancy Burke

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s interesting she’s all about “salary transparency” for reporters, but not for influencers.

Once she taps the “former TV news reporter” well dry, what’s the draw to her channel?! She needs a job just to add variety to her vlogs.

Reactions: 4
2019 making more money from YT... she has a lot to thank the YT algorithm for. I'd never heard of her or her channel until I got a random recommendation around that time!

I am really finding her annoying now. I can't imagine any TV station even considering hiring her again. Real reporters-- true journalists- want to be on difficult stories. They want to go to Ukraine. They want to report live on a fire or a tornado or hurricane, even if the storm hits at 3AM. They find trials, the legal process, and politics interesting. Clancy wants to be an entertainer and has no business working in news. To me she seems totally motivated by money despite saying numerous times she is not. She's also motivated by doing the least work possible with a good schedule. News reporters have to be dedicated and willing to work crazy hours and be on call. Most any job requires that! And most people starting out don't make a lot of money, no matter the profession. Talking about her salary and the sales department salaries is very unprofessional. She pretended to like her job to get views on You Tube, and she got them. She's a fraud. I can now see why people at her station didn't like her.

Reactions: 7
Real reporters-- true journalists- want to be on difficult stories. They want to go to Ukraine. They want to report live on a fire or a tornado or hurricane, even if the storm hits at 3AM. They find trials, the legal process, and politics interesting.
No. I don’t think that reputable publications like the NME or Vogue are full of people wishing they were in warzones. They also aren’t getting up at 3am every day for week on end (as Clancy did) and that doesn’t make them lazy.

Fashion journalism, film journalism, lifestyle reporting, music journalism, local news etc are all legitimate. Just because something isn’t as consequential as armed conflict, it doesn’t mean it isn’t worthy of being interrogated.

Reactions: 3
She seriously gave up a stable job making $60,000 what.the.actual.duck?! A lot of jobs posted are $40,000 for a masters degree. The change she should of made was getting rid of Zac. No way is her YouTube going to grow when her growth was purely from her being a news reporter. She could have kept continuing making bank as she moved up.

Reactions: 6
“Money has never motivated me” I’m sure that’s easy for her to say when she’s never had to worry about missing bills, not being able to afford food, etc. she says she’s not motivated by money yet never spends any so no wonder. She’s motivated by money, by how much she can save. Never mind not spending money on B12 shots for her health, she’s not motivated by money yall!!

also I didn’t like the connotation that there’s shame being on food stamps. Especially right now, millions of people are getting help, it’s there to help. I also know of teachers and other professions on food stamps. It’s not just for unemployed people…

she keeps saying over and over how “happy” she is, as if she’s trying to convince herself that she is really truly happy. Not sure I buy it.

Reactions: 6
I can't wait till she is a stay at home house wife. So we can laugh at her previous comment trying to shame them.

I just can’t get over that she was saying that making over $60,009 as a 26 year old is offensive or being underpaid…. Um? I also am shocked how much she makes on Adsense, for only getting 30k views per video!

Reactions: 8
she needs to be careful what she says on youtube incase she wants to go back to being a reporter. she might be turned down for some of the things she has said about the job and other companies

Reactions: 7
I just can’t get over that she was saying that making over $60,009 as a 26 year old is offensive or being underpaid…. Um? I also am shocked how much she makes on Adsense, for only getting 30k views per video!
That comment is proof she is majorly out of touch with reality.

Reactions: 2
She is a fake person! Does she even believe the lies that she tells or does she think it is clever to mislead viewers? Not motivated by money, yeah right, her whole personality is being a cheapskate! I feel bad for her family as they all seem down to earth.

I am really finding her annoying now. I can't imagine any TV station even considering hiring her again. Real reporters-- true journalists- want to be on difficult stories. They want to go to Ukraine. They want to report live on a fire or a tornado or hurricane, even if the storm hits at 3AM. They find trials, the legal process, and politics interesting. Clancy wants to be an entertainer and has no business working in news. To me she seems totally motivated by money despite saying numerous times she is not. She's also motivated by doing the least work possible with a good schedule. News reporters have to be dedicated and willing to work crazy hours and be on call. Most any job requires that! And most people starting out don't make a lot of money, no matter the profession. Talking about her salary and the sales department salaries is very unprofessional. She pretended to like her job to get views on You Tube, and she got them. She's a fraud. I can now see why people at her station didn't like her.
You'd be amazed. I used to be a reporter too. I left because the pay was crap (and no I wasn't making 60K, more like 25K). I used to LOVE reporting actual news like fires, tornadoes, earthquakes, but many of the people I worked with only wanted to be an anchor or a host. They had no interest in actual news. It was like that in college too. By the way, the people wanting to be foreign correspondents or go to Ukraine are very, very, very few. Some say they like that stuff and some will go if they're asked, but when push comes to shove, hardly anyone actually wants to go, even hardcore journalists. It's really not safe and most people want to come home to their family at night.

Reactions: 5
How much does she make for Adsense? Social Blade was saying 20k

Tbf, I think 60k as a 26 year old is pretty underpaid. I know most of my peers came out of undergrad with $100k offers. But they are all SWE and entrepreneurs. For Journalist, I would imagine its standard.

• Wow
I wonder if Zac got fired from his News 12 sales job. And how did they have access to the salaries of other sales people? They have really burned some bridges.

How much does she make for Adsense? Social Blade was saying 20k

Tbf, I think 60k as a 26 year old is pretty underpaid. I know most of my peers came out of undergrad with $100k offers. But they are all SWE and entrepreneurs. For Journalist, I would imagine its standard.
Exactly, entrepreneurs and if you are in some kind of tech field you are going to make more. Her degree and age is right at the average across the us. She sounds greedy and entitled. If you want more money totally fine but with her degree and experience she wasn’t being underpaid by any means.
9ECD0B37-8711-414A-9082-5D8664F48922.jpeg
25F5EC85-0825-43C8-8BB3-19AED5E99F06.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I think it's places where COL are high pull up the average. Idk a single person making $60k with a bachelor's degree at her age. Most job listings where I lived are $40k for masters with 1 year+ experience lmao.

Btw I'm not saying it's wrong she makes it. I'm saying she has it better than most and literally left for an unstable job.

Another vlog - another binge drink. The fact that she admitted she couldn’t even make it to the movie theaters the next day after the last wedding she attended was crazy. Zac double fisting drinks and then Clancy recording him drunk at the end of the night in the hotel room for a lame prank was just…odd. He was slurring his words so bad! Sure, it’s a wedding you’re not going to be sober, but don’t put that in the vlog.

Charlotte is going to be the same story. More bars, more corny music and Zac holding drinks making a silly face, more chicken sandwiches, grocery haul of sweet potatoes, exercise class, choc oatmeal etc.

she’s literally comparing and contrasting the “bowl structure” of the Nashville apartment vs Charlotte.

Complaining about a $17 salad with chicken. Yeah that’s a lot but you’re in a major city and you can afford it!

Last edited:
I think they are realistically going to settle back in Cincinatti or somewhere a few hours from there or New York.

They are travelling right up until their wedding and I would think about a year after that they will want a baby. Even though a year is a good enough time to settle and make friends, when a baby comes along C & Z will want family & dependable friends nearby.

You need a community when you have a baby for when things aren’t working out or if one of them ended up in hospital or anything (fingers crossed that doesn’t happen to them).

If Clancy continues as a full time vlogger after the wedding it would be a bit isolating when settling in a new city so I’d imagine she will go back to work in some capacity, maybe even something freelance just to meet people.

I know I’m talking way in the future but she said they are scoping out a place to stay forever and I think they’d prefer to be near people they know and love rather than someone that’s a bit warmer.

Not saying that people can’t or don’t often move to new places and settle in and raise their families there and love it btw! I just think realistically for them moving somewhere 10 hours away won’t be feasible

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.