Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jaxson419

I was so disgusted at how she acted when she opened the box created by The Potter Collector. Whom I would call a real fan. He made a box actually about the books, not something with semi related items that aren’t really even HP themed. her attitude was snotty, rude and down right gross. It makes me sick to see real fans like him (whether you are a fan or not) who actually quotes the books and movies get tore down by the likes of her.

She is obviously not a real fan, or she would understand references, get quotes, and actually remember things. Given the evolution of her channel, it is obvious she wasn’t making it and saw a trend/popular subject and jumped onto it. Now she goes on these tours and interviews cast and just looks like a fool. Then she treats her fans like total shiite and shows off all her ridiculous purchases like “look at me, I’m Better than you”. She is a hypocrite changing her opinion on things like beauty or bath products in crates like people change their underwear, or calling products terrible putting the hard work of the creators down.

How she has so many followers astounds me. And her comment section is just a total arse kissing bunch of kids who don’t see her for who she really is, even when she berates them and acts like a snotty, spoiled little brat. It’s obvious she doesn’t really care about stuff, look how ”excited” she was about fixing up that stupid ford anglia only to decide it want worth it, was too much work etc.. I would love the tax collector to properly check her out, what does she need a car for work for, I bet the stuff she tries to write off for work purposes would get her into a lot of trouble.

I cannot wait for the day when her behavior is finally called out, I have tried and my comments get deleted faster than I can type it. And for people to finally see how fake, and uninteresting she really is. When it’s time for her to get a real job and start treating others like humans she will get a rude wake up call. All that is done in darkness will come to light, and all dirty deeds and actions and attitudes will eventually Be found out.

Reactions: 10

emerald

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220927_185657.jpg

She really is so needlessly rude. The people messaging her obviously give a shit about her safety and she responds "Chill 😂". I don't use this word often but she's a bitch.

• Wow
Reactions: 10

EnoughAlready

VIP Member
Just how many times can Cherry try to roll a turd in glitter with the same old same content! My kids want to watch her videos as we are a Harry Potter mad. But unboxing advent calendars, going to the tour for Christmas, showing the same as everyone else who has already been and seen it weeks before, and paid out of their own pocket to do so. 2nd year running of buying Christmas decorations for a tree she’s never got round to doing, because she’s waiting to buy her own house zzzzz. Also on Twitter when someone asked her to do a reaction video to the new fantastic beasts movie trailer she replied “I haven’t got time” what the absolute fuckery does she think she does to be so busy, try doing a shift for the NHS Cherry, then you’ll know that farting about with a thumbnail whilst you pay someone to edit your videos isn’t. She makes out likes shes got so much on, give your head a wobble Miss self important. “What content do you want to see from me in 2022” code for i have zero clue what to do anymore as I’ve done everything I can to squeeze the life out of my gifted content. Give me strength.

Reactions: 9

becca2512

I don’t know how this thread isn’t more active, Cherry drives me mad - she constantly seems as if she thinks she’s above everyone else.

Watched her car tour (as interested in the Tesla) and that segue into the Wild ad made me absolutely cringe 🤢

RosePetals

Chatty Member
Edit: I realised after I posted it that's it's a ramble and a half, sorry!

I think it would have been interesting for Cherry (and others) to actually say specifically why they disagree with in JK Rowling's essay. The fact her (and others) are just tweeting about trans people being valid etc is missing the point completely. Her essay pretty much states:

-She wants to keep the legal definition of sex (because of sex based biological differences and also discrimination)
-Safe Guarding concerns
-Freedom of Speech
-The turn around of majority of trans people being born female, now identifying as male, especially with a high proportion of these people having autism (which is under diagnosed in females due to different behaviours). And some of the falsehoods around what appropriate treatment shoul dbe for a young person suffering gender dysphoria
-Females being at risk of male violence

This part particularly stands out as to why people just tweeting condoning JK and saying trans people are valid is missing the point:

I believe the majority of trans-identified people not only pose zero threat to others, but are vulnerable for all the reasons I’ve outlined. Trans people need and deserve protection. Like women, they’re most likely to be killed by sexual partners. Trans women who work in the sex industry, particularly trans women of colour, are at particular risk. Like every other domestic abuse and sexual assault survivor I know, I feel nothing but empathy and solidarity with trans women who’ve been abused by men.

So I want trans women to be safe. At the same time, I do not want to make natal girls and women less safe. When you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels he’s a woman – and, as I’ve said, gender confirmation certificates may now be granted without any need for surgery or hormones – then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come inside. That is the simple truth.

I would be really interested to know what parts of what JK has said that Cherry disagrees with, particularly as she is clearly a devoted fan.

I haven't seen her say anything about the Sun front page, although I only have her on Twitter. Has anyone see Cherry say something about this elsewhere?

• Heart

AL10

VIP Member
Her caption says it’s from tiktok that’s not much of a help 😂 she could of answered with the name of the dress or at least say thanks to the comment! She’s such a bitch 🙈

Reactions: 8

Kimberley2589

Joined just to pop my 10p in! Came across this thread as I was watching cherry & wondered what actually happened between her and geek gear & oh my god. I had never realised how rude she is to her fans before I consciously checked her replies on her videos. Like most people in the comments are fan girling over her & her replies are abrupt and most of time rude as hell. I'm super disappointed. I didn't love her content before but I did watch her... its just not the same I've seen her in that light now 😩

And, for example. On her most recent video of the ordinary owl clothing reveal, there are SO many comments congratulating her, she's not replied to a single one. The only ones she's replied to as far as I can see are people asking if it's Percy Weasley modelling to say it is. How braggy is that?! You can't take 5 minutes to thank people for congratulating you. Horrid

Bobble22

VIP Member
She doesn't review the Fantastic Beasts films either, or even mention them. Like we've said before though, she's not a real Harry Potter fan, I truly don't believe she's read the books at least not the later ones. She doesn't mention books that have come out Minalima ones or the new illustrated by Jim Kay one, Order of the Phoenix. It's just about tat you can buy.
When she met JK Rowling I don't believe she was that excited, so called crying but I didn't see any tears, just a career move.
Also she's one that calls Rowling a biggot but happily continues to make money from her like many others, they are hypocrites.

Kairi19

I used to really like Cherry and thought she was refreshingly different from other YouTubers

Now her constant HP unboxing videos are boring.
I feel like she is out of touch with real life and she's becoming unrelatable.
She says she's burnt out and exhausted all the time but I can't work out what she does all day if Ordinary Owl is on hiatus?
As others have said her replies to comments are either unnecessarily blunt or down-right rude.
Her "baby voice" is starting to sound like nails on a chalkboard

Maybe I've outgrown her

emerald

VIP Member
Screenshot_20230221_165841_Instagram.jpg

Imagine being able to take a random Tuesday off because you can't be arsed. Planet Cherry.

• Angry

Bobble22

VIP Member
Her latest video is truly awful, I don't think she's read the Harry Potter books or at least, not the last couple. She didn't get many of the references, even though practically everyone in the comments did, and then goes on to say 'I can't remember everything' surely she could easily look to see what's in the box beforehand and look them up rather than look so inept on the video. Or, and this is radical, she could actually read the books! seems like she just can't be bothered and doesn't think she needs to, sadly she's probably right.

For a Potterhead, an expert, she should know everything about Harry Potter. How would it be if you turned up at the dentist and they said 'I'm sorry I can't do your filling I've forgotten that part of my job'.

I don't understand this 'influencer' thing, (I'm not the target audience, too old lol) you're sent things for free, how can anyone trust that they are giving an unbiased review? good or bad. And she said that she works so hard, Monday to Friday, 9 to 5, that's just like everyone in the real grown up, adult world and often a lot more hours than that, and she's busy doing what? making a couple of videos a week that someone else films and edits, a clothing business that doesn't have anything for sale, getting to visit great places presumably also for free, that's the kind of work I'd like.

I think if there are people telling you your wonderful, that they love you, you make their day, solve their depression then maybe you do start to believe you really are that magnificent and it makes criticism very hard to deal with, she can be quite rude to people sometimes. A lot of these youtube and influencer people seem very needy and insecure maybe that's what drives them into doing influencing?

I think she saw something that was popular and jumped onboard but if you're going to do that you have to at least try and seem like you're a serious fan of the stories.
Also, Cherry gets called out for not condemning JK Rowling about her comments but realistically that would be biting the hand that feeds her so instead she comes across as two faced, time to try something new maybe?

I personally think she is a fake fan, and a bit flakey, just in it for an easy living, and can't be bothered to make an effort and sadly her fans mostly, let her get away with it I think because they wish they could do the same 'job', it looks a sad, lonely life to me though and not really a job for someone who's into their 30's.

I don't wish her any ill she seems quite likeable and I can see why young people find her engaging, but she'd be better off talking about something she is actually interested in and knows more about, then she can leave Harry Potter to the real fans of the stories, I don't suppose that would pay so well though and someone else has done the hard work for you i.e. the author and people that make the merchandise.
I get that she's pretty and that young, easily influenced, people like her but I watch for content, (not that I'd buy any of the tat, I like to make my own stuff) and there's a lot of other people doing the same thing on youtube and doing it much, much better.

• Heart

Jaxson419

In one of her recent videos someone comment that Cherry should get a cat, and she replied she wants one but she is never home as she goes to London and to see family and friends all the time…. but then in every other video she says she stays home and never goes anywhere and is a homebody. Which is it…. Her little lies are pathetic and show her mental age of a child, she will do or say anything for attention in that moment. Even if it contradicts what she said earlier.

• Haha

123klp

Also on Twitter when someone asked her to do a reaction video to the new fantastic beasts movie trailer she replied “I haven’t got time”
Honestly, if you're going to make Harry Potter content for a living...move whatever your schedule of content is to fit in the current events/news. Aside from it being what her audience want to see, surely it makes sense from a business perspective to get in on that buzz. Doesn't want to do any actual work, only 'treat herself' 50 times over and film the haul :rolleyes:

DaisySims89

VIP Member
Screenshot_20221231-180903.png

Am I missing something here? Do people actually send crying selfies of themselves to get attention from friends or family?
When I'm crying the last thing I want to do is take a photo and send it to someone! 🫣

Reactions: 7

Zegbru

Literally would have took her the same amount of time to answer the question in more detail instead of being sarcastic with her usual passive aggressive nature! How she has any friends is beyond me!
Agree. Can't she just say "from x. There's a link in the description :) hope that helps!" No one is forcing her to respond. These followers are the ones making sure she gets paid. You think she'd have a bit of humility instead of being a b**** to everyone.

xxxdmcxxx192830594

Did she do her usual waving her wand around then sticking it up under her bum? I'd also wonder what was going on.
She honestly just gives off such mean girl and bitchy vibes! I ended up unfollowing her because I was so fed up of her constantly moaning about how overworked she was and that she was going to take yet more time off! She really doesn’t live in the real world!

As a Harry Potter fan myself it constantly frustrates me when she misses references to things in subscription boxes! Like people have previously said is she even that big of a fan or did she just jump on the potter bandwagon because it was popular, all these none potter related videos where she unboxes endless amounts of plastic crappy toys and then moans in a clothing video about how much plastic they’ve used! I don’t think she’ll last much longer as her views have dropped loads! I think people are starting to see the real her and that she’s not nice at all!

Zegbru

I feel like Tom was uncomfortable / didn't want to be there / had been asked these questions before. She kept interrupting and talking over him when he was discussing his house (Slytherin not Gryffindor). He tried hard to be polite / cordial but she was annoying.

emerald

VIP Member
Screenshot_20230307_195529_Instagram.jpg
I'm always quite hesitant to talk about what people spend their money on because people can spend *their* money on what they want. (Unless you pretend to be a money saving expert like Adventures with Knapp).

That being said. Sixty nine Great British Pounds on a sleep mask.

• Wow
  • Haha