Cherry Wallis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her latest video is truly awful, I don't think she's read the Harry Potter books or at least, not the last couple. She didn't get many of the references, even though practically everyone in the comments did, and then goes on to say 'I can't remember everything' surely she could easily look to see what's in the box beforehand and look them up rather than look so inept on the video. Or, and this is radical, she could actually read the books! seems like she just can't be bothered and doesn't think she needs to, sadly she's probably right.
It drives me up the wall the number of things she just doesn't get. I'm a very casual fan (I don't have a house, a patronus or a wand), I've never seen any of the films and it's been at least two or three years since I last read the books and I'm yelling at the screen because how does she not recognise this, she's a professional fan!!!!
(No, I don't know know why I'm watching her either)

Reactions: 3
No I don't have a house, wand etc, think that's for kids really, kids that like to dress up, but I do love the books and the lack of knowledge really annoys me

No I don't have a house, wand etc, think that's for kids really, kids that like to dress up, but I do love the books and the lack of knowledge really annoys me
I don’t think it’s for kids just so they can dress up obviously kids can enjoy it but as an Adult Harry potter Fan I like to knowing what house I’m in. It’s also nice to see what houses other Adult HP fans are in. You might meet one in person & it’s a good way to start a conversation with a fan. As for the wand … not many people care about that aspect. It’s kinda interesting to see what your patronus is too.

I stopped watching cherry years ago. I found her really fake and incredibly annoying. I just check her channel every other month and see if she’s still doing those HP box unboxings. She really can’t do them forever so I’m just waiting to see when she will decide to shift her focus. Where does she even keep all the items from the boxes. I loved seeing what she got in the boxes because I wouldn’t ever buy a box like that but I just found them so samey after a while. Plus her reactions are so annoying and predictable.

Reactions: 3
PettyPrincess, You've inspired me to rush off and find out what house I belong in and my patronus now, how do I do that? Shall I do it?
I don't really get all this influencer stuff, I think it's bad for young people but that's just my old fogey opinion.

PettyPrincess, You've inspired me to rush off and find out what house I belong in and my patronus now, how do I do that? Shall I do it?
I don't really get all this influencer stuff, I think it's bad for young people but that's just my old fogey opinion.
Its worth doing it because even though it’s such a little thing it just makes the wizard in world feel so much more immersive. If you search up the wizarding world website you should find the quiz on there.

I’m an influencer myself but on a small scale. I don’t think it’s a bad thing but it can be a bad thing. Some people can bring a positive influence others a bad and rather negative one. There are a handful of influencers I like I’m very picky though. It’s hard to find genuine people with good intentions that are not sell outs. I find that the smaller more niche influences to be a lot more relatable.

Cherry probably makes thousands a month from YouTube alone not including her business and sponsorships. She gets way more money making content than she would as a teacher which is what she wanted to be. A lot of big influencers live very privileged lifestyles.

Reactions: 2
I did it!
I am a Ravenclaw and my patronus is a swan, that's quite nice.

Reactions: 5
I was so disgusted at how she acted when she opened the box created by The Potter Collector. Whom I would call a real fan. He made a box actually about the books, not something with semi related items that aren’t really even HP themed. her attitude was snotty, rude and down right gross. It makes me sick to see real fans like him (whether you are a fan or not) who actually quotes the books and movies get tore down by the likes of her.

She is obviously not a real fan, or she would understand references, get quotes, and actually remember things. Given the evolution of her channel, it is obvious she wasn’t making it and saw a trend/popular subject and jumped onto it. Now she goes on these tours and interviews cast and just looks like a fool. Then she treats her fans like total shiite and shows off all her ridiculous purchases like “look at me, I’m Better than you”. She is a hypocrite changing her opinion on things like beauty or bath products in crates like people change their underwear, or calling products terrible putting the hard work of the creators down.

How she has so many followers astounds me. And her comment section is just a total arse kissing bunch of kids who don’t see her for who she really is, even when she berates them and acts like a snotty, spoiled little brat. It’s obvious she doesn’t really care about stuff, look how ”excited” she was about fixing up that stupid ford anglia only to decide it want worth it, was too much work etc.. I would love the tax collector to properly check her out, what does she need a car for work for, I bet the stuff she tries to write off for work purposes would get her into a lot of trouble.

I cannot wait for the day when her behavior is finally called out, I have tried and my comments get deleted faster than I can type it. And for people to finally see how fake, and uninteresting she really is. When it’s time for her to get a real job and start treating others like humans she will get a rude wake up call. All that is done in darkness will come to light, and all dirty deeds and actions and attitudes will eventually Be found out.

Reactions: 10
To be fair, his box was disappointing. I've been a huge HP fan for over 20 years, I got the references and all, but didn't care for the items.

To be fair, his box was disappointing. I've been a huge HP fan for over 20 years, I got the references and all, but didn't care for the items.
We can def. agree to disagree on that. I didnt think It was, but, I do think it is more for a niche collector. But her attitude about it and lack of any understanding was disgusting. Especially when she got mad when others trashed her boxes.

Don't think I've ever heard an Influencer moan so much about their work load and being tired, and that is saying something.

Reactions: 4
It's not like her clothing brand has anything for sale, I wouldn't be surprised if she's bored with that already and it's over.
She seems a bit of a flake tries everything then gives up, she seems to get bored easily.
I wondered why she needs a Tesla when she openly admits that she rarely leaves the house.
Most of her 'work' seems like a holiday or day out to me.
Someone pointed out some bags etc, which were very nice and she said 'they aren't my style' but I've seen pictures of her with similar stuff so maybe the designer is a rival in some way.
She seems quite young for her age, 32?, and as everyone says, not really in touch with the real world.
I have two shops and I get about two/three weeks off a year, I do all the ordering, unpacking, cleaning, book keeping, and I'm nearly twice her age, it would kill her but it's a normal real world job.

Didnt her friend cameraman chris edit all her videos for her? It seems as though since he's moved out and not doing this for her she is struggling to cope.

She films on her own now but he still edits (except her vlogs). I should really unfollow her. It winds me up to see her constant whining about how tired and overworked she is. She loves to share that but never gives any details so without that context, it’s impossible to have empathy for her based on the very little work she puts out.

Would be nice to tell my boss that I think I’m just gonna take a break from work I’m tired. Taking vacation, days off is one thing…. To do nothing and then whine and complain is another.

Reactions: 1
She's got a new camera woman, bet she's doing the editing as well. A whole new level of yikes on this latest video.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I don’t think she has a new camerawoman, I think that’s he best friend Rachel lol, I took it as a joke😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.