Cherry Wallis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t she just have at least two weeks off over Christmas? She comes across as so entitled. And why the need to broadcast having a day off? It’s like she’s looking for validation. I can’t imagine how she’d cope with her life if she weren’t self-employed.
She's acting like working for two months on the trot is a long time. Er, it's actually standard for most workers.

I’ve stopped following her- what’s the goss about cameraman Chris moving out?? I’m intrigued that something interesting might have actually happened in her life!
She uploaded a vlog yesterday about it. She didn’t really say why, just that they had got their own place and now this place was all hers. She said she’s really excited to redecorate it so she went to B&M and bought bins for the bathrooms… priorities!

Reactions: 1
She uploaded a vlog yesterday about it. She didn’t really say why, just that they had got their own place and now this place was all hers. She said she’s really excited to redecorate it so she went to B&M and bought bins for the bathrooms… priorities!
Maybe they bought somewhere? So I’m guessing all the furniture was theirs then!
Re: her day off. My dog works harder then her! What does she do? Comes up with ideas and films videos. Doesn’t even edit the majority of them. She barely posts on Instagram, nor anywhere else to my knowledge.
Tedious. 🙄

Reactions: 1
I can’t when say says “not spon” we don’t care if you’re sponsored or not just stop with the trying to make yourself sound important. It looks like they took all the furniture which just goes to show she’s what 32 and only had her desk and her Harry Potter shelves, miss self entitled will have to grow up pretty quick! I seriously don’t know how she has followers left based on how she speaks to them in the comments, unless everyone is blowing smoke up her arse she’s just so cold and dismissive!

Reactions: 3
Couldn’t even watch her vlog, I had to skip through it and then gave up- she just seems entirely fake to me now. And so, so full of herself.

Reactions: 2
I could be totally wrong and this is very random but I wonder if she’s getting bored with HP? I mean there’s only so many HP unboxings you can do and she’s been experimenting with different sub boxes like the witch casket and the Japanese snacks recently.
I feel like since she now lives on her OWN (haven’t you heard, she’s only mentioned it a hundred times already) she’s gradually migrating her channel from a HP channel to a vlog/lifestyle channel.

Reactions: 5
I feel it’s more a calculated move than a boredom one, like you say there’s only so much you can do with unboxing HP stuff videos and she’s well and truly milked that cow, she’ll go where the money is. She may put on the happy go lucky persona but she’s all about the hustle and wanting to remain “content creator/ influencer” Although I don’t think Cherry will move completely away from HP as that’s the only thing out of all that she tried before where she found her niche so to speak. It’s rather telling that considering she’s a huge Potter fan in her words and loved Fantastic Beasts etc, that the trailer was released today and she doesn’t say a word about it?! I feel like she probably wants to but she’s so influenced by people like Tessa Netting, who said they won’t say anything about it as it’s too painful or something, relating to Jk Rowling and when they all met her for the FB promo that time. I’m not buying it’s because she’s all about thinking of others in Ukraine now either as she still chose to release a home haul on the same day Russia invaded so views > everything I guess!

I have lost my love for Cherry over the last few years, finding the unboxing videos boring. I much prefer her vlog style videos and was happy to see she had uploaded a few recently. But her most recent videos have just shown how out of touch with the real world she is, and it’s embarrassing for her! Firstly what person who works from home can let that amount of washing pile up??!! She is one person and self admits that she rarely leaves the house. I am very sure she can put one load of washing on each day. Secondly when she drove to the tip without music on and recommended it to people who live a life where they rarely get any peace. Sorry but how cringe. She lives alone and while being a YouTuber is her job, it’s still a job that she does from home….. alone. Hardly needs time away from the hustle and bustle of a real job! Plus she always calls herself a workaholic, I just don’t buy it. I’m sure that for regular YouTubers who work along side their YouTube channel and film and edit their own videos, then they could perhaps call themselves a workaholic. But other than faffing around and taking too much time to do tasks that don’t need so much time investing in them I can’t actually see what takes her so long?? She has a cameraman who films and edits her videos for her. She has also previously admitted to filming multiple videos on one day. i get that you have to research, reach out to brands etc but come on. As she has NEVER had a real job, I think she is very out of touch with reality here and has no idea about actual hard work!

Reactions: 5
I have lost my love for Cherry over the last few years, finding the unboxing videos boring. I much prefer her vlog style videos and was happy to see she had uploaded a few recently. But her most recent videos have just shown how out of touch with the real world she is, and it’s embarrassing for her! Firstly what person who works from home can let that amount of washing pile up??!! She is one person and self admits that she rarely leaves the house. I am very sure she can put one load of washing on each day. Secondly when she drove to the tip without music on and recommended it to people who live a life where they rarely get any peace. Sorry but how cringe. She lives alone and while being a YouTuber is her job, it’s still a job that she does from home….. alone. Hardly needs time away from the hustle and bustle of a real job! Plus she always calls herself a workaholic, I just don’t buy it. I’m sure that for regular YouTubers who work along side their YouTube channel and film and edit their own videos, then they could perhaps call themselves a workaholic. But other than faffing around and taking too much time to do tasks that don’t need so much time investing in them I can’t actually see what takes her so long?? She has a cameraman who films and edits her videos for her. She has also previously admitted to filming multiple videos on one day. i get that you have to research, reach out to brands etc but come on. As she has NEVER had a real job, I think she is very out of touch with reality here and has no idea about actual hard work!
I agree. I know in some circumstances then washing can pile up, but she's been at home and now lives on her own with sole use of the washing machine. The 'LOL what am I like, adulting is so hard!' Stuff is a bit much when you're in your thirties (which I think she is!?).

I can't believe that she felt it appropriate to call out charity shops for sending donation bags, especially after showing about a million cleaning products all in plastic packaging. This coming from the person who orders so much stuff online from overseas, in various packaging etc. There are videos where she's unpacking tat from Wish just for content.

Calling out charity shops is really not the way to start talking about plastic waste. Especially when it's easy enough to just use the bags as bin liners or recycling bags. Sending a flier would absolutely not be the same, as the convenience of filling the bag and leaving it on the doorstep makes it so much easier and more accessible for people to donate, so the charity are more likely to get donations.

I'm so baffled that she left that rant in the video.

Reactions: 6
The way she slides off into the stupid voices dear god, it’s been happening more and more since she worked with Chanel Williams who does the Mcgonagal impressions on tik tok etc, she’ll be coming back from her trip to the states with her in summer full on Scottish if she continues slyly stealing it!

Reactions: 3
The way she slides off into the stupid voices dear god, it’s been happening more and more since she worked with Chanel Williams who does the Mcgonagal impressions on tik tok etc, she’ll be coming back from her trip to the states with her in summer full on Scottish if she continues slyly stealing it!
It's like she's on something, it's so distracting.

Pissing and moaning on stories about being busy again. Just work then instead of moaning.

• Haha
The other night on her stories “I didn’t know a train went to Disneyland Paris” what despite her being best mates with Adam a Disney influencer, did it really take Giovanni Fletcher showing being on a train to Disney for her to know this, yeah sure Jan. Why she makes out she lives in a cave when she’s the biggest networking/ hustler of the U.K. YouTubers going is comical.

Reactions: 4
Her latest video is truly awful, I don't think she's read the Harry Potter books or at least, not the last couple. She didn't get many of the references, even though practically everyone in the comments did, and then goes on to say 'I can't remember everything' surely she could easily look to see what's in the box beforehand and look them up rather than look so inept on the video. Or, and this is radical, she could actually read the books! seems like she just can't be bothered and doesn't think she needs to, sadly she's probably right.

For a Potterhead, an expert, she should know everything about Harry Potter. How would it be if you turned up at the dentist and they said 'I'm sorry I can't do your filling I've forgotten that part of my job'.

I don't understand this 'influencer' thing, (I'm not the target audience, too old lol) you're sent things for free, how can anyone trust that they are giving an unbiased review? good or bad. And she said that she works so hard, Monday to Friday, 9 to 5, that's just like everyone in the real grown up, adult world and often a lot more hours than that, and she's busy doing what? making a couple of videos a week that someone else films and edits, a clothing business that doesn't have anything for sale, getting to visit great places presumably also for free, that's the kind of work I'd like.

I think if there are people telling you your wonderful, that they love you, you make their day, solve their depression then maybe you do start to believe you really are that magnificent and it makes criticism very hard to deal with, she can be quite rude to people sometimes. A lot of these youtube and influencer people seem very needy and insecure maybe that's what drives them into doing influencing?

I think she saw something that was popular and jumped onboard but if you're going to do that you have to at least try and seem like you're a serious fan of the stories.
Also, Cherry gets called out for not condemning JK Rowling about her comments but realistically that would be biting the hand that feeds her so instead she comes across as two faced, time to try something new maybe?

I personally think she is a fake fan, and a bit flakey, just in it for an easy living, and can't be bothered to make an effort and sadly her fans mostly, let her get away with it I think because they wish they could do the same 'job', it looks a sad, lonely life to me though and not really a job for someone who's into their 30's.

I don't wish her any ill she seems quite likeable and I can see why young people find her engaging, but she'd be better off talking about something she is actually interested in and knows more about, then she can leave Harry Potter to the real fans of the stories, I don't suppose that would pay so well though and someone else has done the hard work for you i.e. the author and people that make the merchandise.
I get that she's pretty and that young, easily influenced, people like her but I watch for content, (not that I'd buy any of the tat, I like to make my own stuff) and there's a lot of other people doing the same thing on youtube and doing it much, much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.