Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

salatblader

VIP Member
I think he’s gAy
If he were, he should be the only one to talk about that. But he's with a woman, and has not stated he is bi or anything, so people shouldn't speculate. Speculating that he's gay based on a "vibe" or sterotypical views of how straight men "should" present and stereotypical views of gay men is both offensive to him and to gay men. And it perpertuates the limited patriarchal views of what straight men should be like.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Carrie, brandishing a gun: WRITE IN MY HAPPY BOOK. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU WERE HERE
Random cast member, sobbing: Please Carrie I just want a Pepsi max

• Haha
Reactions: 38

misscherryfox

My tiktok is gaining traction again after CHF posted about it on her insta. And seeing as apparently she reads here, (and I feel others have maybe misunderstood/missed part of my point) I feel I should clarify some things.

-People don’t get cast for 1927327 reasons. We know this. My point was she didn’t have to make an excuse that insulted another woman as to why she wasn’t cast. When (in my opinion, and clearly others) she isn’t the right fit for Jenna. Which is fine. But in typical CHF fashion, she has to make some excuse that pertains to something out of her control (IE her age or how old she looks) whilst also commenting on another woman’s appearance, as to why she wasn’t cast, bc she can’t for one second dare comprehend or admit that she doesn’t fit/isn’t entitled to every big/dream part bc of who she is.

-things in the comments I absolutely do not condone or think it’s okay to comment on: body shaming/weight/general appearance, victim blaming from her previous relationships which were abusive.

-anyone who creates for audiences/public consumption, artists, influencers, performers, designers and so on, are open to public opinion on their art/behaviour. There are people that don’t like my extremely pink and kawaii art. And that’s fine. It’s not for everyone. When Colin firth was in mama Mia, a whole bunch of people thought he was awful. Same as Russel Crowe in Les Mis. And whilst I don’t agree with directly searching out people and messaging them with your disdain on their art or creations, as human people, we’re allowed to have and share opinions.

-this is not the first problematic thing she’s done that I disagree with. It’s a pattern of behaviour whether her fans want to admit it or not.And the endless IRONY of her army attacking anyone who dares disagree or dislike her behaviour, whilst preaching ‘BE KIND’ is just hilariously baffling to me.

- the amount of performers/other industry professionals/theatre staff etc in the comments sharing their own personal experiences speaks volumes In my humble opinion. But hey, as a ‘hater’ what do I know lmaaoo.

I’m always open to discussion and genuine discourse but I’m also a strong believer in people being held accountable and open to opinions when they choose a career in the spotlight. Not just put on a pedestal and treated like they can do no wrong- and I mean that about everyone, not just CHF.

PS This comment basically sums up what I meant in literally one sentence lmaaoo

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Kitt

VIP Member
Carrie Hope Fletcher #8: looks like Cinderella will be a flop, so buy a cherry coke from my amazing tuck shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

bumblebee1696

I don’t like that Daily Mail comment because it pisses me off when men start policing women’s bodies and telling us what we should and shouldn’t wear. I don’t like Carrie but who cares if she’s not wearing a bra 😂

Her being front and centre of an article about ALW isn’t going to do her reputation any favours. Most of the public can’t stand him. If Carrie was a working class person, she wouldn’t even want to work with him. Because she’s middle class, she can turn a blind eye to his f***ed-up political stances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31

Alice_Taylorx

Can you imagine filling 3/4ths of a "good luck" note with mentions of yourself and how you're also starring in a show right around the corner

You can tell she genuinely doesn't understand how that comes across from an outside perspective

"Good luck guys! Also SOMEONE is starring as a UNIQUE version of a princess right around the corner from you guys!! :) xxx (it's me) ((I'm Cinderella)) (((if that wasn't clear))) ((((This is what friendship is right??))))"

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

kev1974

VIP Member
OK... backing away from the crazy room... have a lovely day ladies. Hope the sun is shining where you are.
:ROFLMAO: Are you CHF? That's surely the only explanation for such a flounce out in reaction to just two or three people commenting on your post?!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

bumblebee1696

Carrie’s sudden ‘girls supporting girls’ thing is really annoying. She has a well-known history of treating other women like shit. Back when all YouTubers used the YouTube creator space, she went through a really annoying phase of only wanting to be friends with men so she could be ‘one of the boys’ because apparently being friends with women isn’t cool. She is known to have spoken to friends like shit when she first became YouTube famous. She was absolutely atrocious to Lindsey (Alex Day’s friend who he assaulted) after she’d been assaulted and completely blamed her. She’s publicly argued with other YouTubers on Twitter - one in particular that I remember was Lex Croucher (who I believe is non-binary but at the time presented as female). She belittles her colleagues who aren’t as ‘experienced’ as her (despite the fact they’ve actually trained). She is allowed to sleep with her co-stars but becomes controlling when other women do the same. She speaks to her fans like crap, most of whom are teenage girls and women in their 20s. But she shares shit about women supporting women and ‘be the kind of woman who bigs up the other woman, doesn’t drag her down’. But like... she has very publicly spoken to women like shit. I can’t stand how fake she is. She doesn’t practice what she preaches, it’s all about keeping up the appearance of looking like a good person.

Reactions: 28

Mark81

VIP Member
I'm not a fan of just throwing 'white man' and 'boomer' around as stereotypes and generalising millions of people, kinda meaningless and doesn't really progress the argument. But in ALW case regardless of age or race, his attitude towards the pandemic (and Carrie has been guilty of this) is one of an inconvenience and annoyance as though its only them that has been affected. Who cares about people dying, let's all put on a show.

He is a multi billionaire, if he hasn't managed his money or business well then that's on him. So many sectors have been devastated (nightclubs haven't reopened at all yet since March last year) its not just the arts. Also they chose to stupidly open just after the date the government gave, which has always been the earliest and not a guarantee. Everyone could see there was always a chance it might not happen.

No sympathy for either of them.

Reactions: 27

Theodore

VIP Member
She’s just been on Virgin Radio with Graham Norton. Her song choice for him to play was Fat Bottomed Girls by Queen. He asked her why and she said “Because I am one”. 🙄.
Let it go, Carrie.

• Haha
  • Wow

Poppets

I don’t really care about the library itself. In fact, I think that if there’s a lot of book lovers working there it could be a really nice idea.

What irks me is that she feels she needs to document everything about it on Instagram. Comes across very “look at how thoughtful I am” and kinda screams she’s doing it for her own validation instead of actually for everyone else’s benefit.

kev1974

VIP Member
I think you've all misunderstood the book library. Everyone brings in books, not just one person. We have one at work, it's a chance to swap with other and find something new for free.

Not sure why I lurk on this thread, I disagree with most of it and wouldn't normally comment but felt you should know about the book library. It's a nice idea. Books are expensive and it's a great way to get a new one. I wouldn't call it a good deed even. Just a thing people set up who like books.
I think we understand what a "normal" community book library is ... there's loads of them in former phone boxes in all the villages round here.

I think we also understand that CHF's one might have slightly different intentions, given the relentless instagramming of it?

Reactions: 26

jorja

I'm not a fan of just throwing 'white man' and 'boomer' around as stereotypes and generalising millions of people, kinda meaningless and doesn't really progress the argument. But in ALW case regardless of age or race, his attitude towards the pandemic (and Carrie has been guilty of this) is one of an inconvenience and annoyance as though its only them that has been affected. Who cares about people dying, let's all put on a show.

He is a multi billionaire, if he hasn't managed his money or business well then that's on him. So many sectors have been devastated (nightclubs haven't reopened at all yet since March last year) its not just the arts. Also they chose to stupidly open just after the date the government gave, which has always been the earliest and not a guarantee. Everyone could see there was always a chance it might not happen.

No sympathy for either of them.
Also ALW banging on about theatres closing because of ‘THEIR science, not OUR science’
Did he suddenly train as a COVID expert and scientist in between employing dodgy lyricists and entitled actresses?

• Haha
Reactions: 26

arty123

Chatty Member
AwL saying the story is true to the original story….how? This Cinderella is mean and bitter and the prince charming is not the prince charming? Like we have read the synopsis, is definitely not true to the story. (From the video Carrie posted on her stories)
After being so adamant about this NOT being anything to do with the Disney version of Cinderella - she goes and names her new backstage vlog Bibbedi Bobbidi Back! Pretty sure that's Disney talk not ALW ! Make your mind up 🙄

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Illogic_ally

Carrie can only play one role. And that’s Carrie Hope Fletcher. She’s one note.
Watch out, she’ll end up finding a producer who sees enough potential dollar signs (despite the obvious lack of actual audience) and she’ll be writing her own show next.

Carrie Hope Fletcher in: Carrying Hope - The Carrie Hope Fletcher Story

• Haha
Reactions: 25