Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Doughnut time are a pretty hyped up and popular place. I've only ever seen queues when I've been in Central. It's just too pricey and rich for me, I much prefer a krispy kreme. They look less like I'm going to get type 2 diabetes after 1 bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I bought Doughnut time for me & the boyfriend when he was around London they're pricey and lovely but struggled to eat more than half of one a day 😅 it's about £17 for 4 doughnuts soooo not cheap that's for sure!

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Look who's front and centre!! 🙄
Oof that’s not a good look. I know that Carrie doesn’t necessary have to have the same opinions as ALW (whether she does or not is a different debate), but having your career so tied to someone that could be the dictionary definition for rich white boomer privilege is only going to end badly. If she were any other actress starring in any other show I doubt stories about him wouldn’t even mention her, but because he’s become the new Lloyd-Webber poster girl, of course she’s going to get roped in

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oof that’s not a good look. I know that Carrie doesn’t necessary have to have the same opinions as ALW (whether she does or not is a different debate), but having your career so tied to someone that could be the dictionary definition for rich white boomer privilege is only going to end badly. If she were any other actress starring in any other show I doubt stories about him wouldn’t even mention her, but because he’s become the new Lloyd-Webber poster girl, of course she’s going to get roped in
Plus her name is kinda known too thanks to her brother and his wife.

Good morning Britain this morning... ALW threatens to sue the government if theatres don’t open. Ugh

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I'm not a fan of just throwing 'white man' and 'boomer' around as stereotypes and generalising millions of people, kinda meaningless and doesn't really progress the argument. But in ALW case regardless of age or race, his attitude towards the pandemic (and Carrie has been guilty of this) is one of an inconvenience and annoyance as though its only them that has been affected. Who cares about people dying, let's all put on a show.

He is a multi billionaire, if he hasn't managed his money or business well then that's on him. So many sectors have been devastated (nightclubs haven't reopened at all yet since March last year) its not just the arts. Also they chose to stupidly open just after the date the government gave, which has always been the earliest and not a guarantee. Everyone could see there was always a chance it might not happen.

No sympathy for either of them.

Reactions: 27
I'm not a fan of just throwing 'white man' and 'boomer' around as stereotypes and generalising millions of people, kinda meaningless and doesn't really progress the argument. But in ALW case regardless of age or race, his attitude towards the pandemic (and Carrie has been guilty of this) is one of an inconvenience and annoyance as though its only them that has been affected. Who cares about people dying, let's all put on a show.

He is a multi billionaire, if he hasn't managed his money or business well then that's on him. So many sectors have been devastated (nightclubs haven't reopened at all yet since March last year) its not just the arts. Also they chose to stupidly open just after the date the government gave, which has always been the earliest and not a guarantee. Everyone could see there was always a chance it might not happen.

No sympathy for either of them.
Also ALW banging on about theatres closing because of ‘THEIR science, not OUR science’
Did he suddenly train as a COVID expert and scientist in between employing dodgy lyricists and entitled actresses?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The people who think the theatre industry have been targeted throughout the lockdowns obviously live in a bubble and have not paid any attention to the other industries affected! The beauty industry for example- when some of the theatres reopened at the end of last year, so did spas and salons, and then lockdown closed them again about a month later. Same for hospitality- hotels. At least with the hotels, they were allowed to provide accommodation to front line workers during the second and third lockdowns. I’m not sure if they were able to during the first one. If ALW thinks suing the government is a good idea he is an idiot. If the theatre openings get delayed, so will other industries because it’ll mean it’s not safe to do so. I’m booked to see Six in Leeds in July- it was moved from last year- I’ll be gutted if it gets pushed back again but I’ll get it. They are trying to keep people safe- it’s one thing to space out the audience, but people forget that the backstage area gets packed; crew, actors quick changes, waiting in the wings for cues etc. It’s the stuff you can’t see that people don’t think about. The reason cinemas can open is because it’s a screen. You only have to distance the audience. There is no backstage to think of. And usually only one person operates the film cans.
I hope Carrie thinks before sharing any opinions on ALWs threats.

Reactions: 15
The people who think the theatre industry have been targeted throughout the lockdowns obviously live in a bubble and have not paid any attention to the other industries affected! The beauty industry for example- when some of the theatres reopened at the end of last year, so did spas and salons, and then lockdown closed them again about a month later. Same for hospitality- hotels. At least with the hotels, they were allowed to provide accommodation to front line workers during the second and third lockdowns. I’m not sure if they were able to during the first one. If ALW thinks suing the government is a good idea he is an idiot. If the theatre openings get delayed, so will other industries because it’ll mean it’s not safe to do so. I’m booked to see Six in Leeds in July- it was moved from last year- I’ll be gutted if it gets pushed back again but I’ll get it. They are trying to keep people safe- it’s one thing to space out the audience, but people forget that the backstage area gets packed; crew, actors quick changes, waiting in the wings for cues etc. It’s the stuff you can’t see that people don’t think about. The reason cinemas can open is because it’s a screen. You only have to distance the audience. There is no backstage to think of. And usually only one person operates the film cans.
I hope Carrie thinks before sharing any opinions on ALWs threats.
Film cans? Do you mean projectionist? It's quite a few years since most cinemas have had any of those, since digital projection came in it's all done on timers, or a PC in the manager's office. But yea I get your point, most cinemas these days operate on a skeleton staff of a handful of people to sell popcorn and ice cream, check tickets, and if you're lucky clean up spilled popcorn. Whereas most theatre shows have way more people backstage that you don't see, than the cast you do see. Not to mention all the ushers and bar staff.

I was at les mis tonight, and when listening to 'On my Own' it reminded me of how much i used to love Carrie's voice. she had so much power and now i feel as if that's gone and been replaced by volume. Shan was absolutely fantastic!! Lucie was also incredible and really made the show for me, also made me wonder what carrie was like as Fantine?? i really can't see her pulling off the emotion needed to play the role. it was nice to be back at the show after such a long time!!
Going to see Les mis next Friday

Reactions: 3
I don’t like that Daily Mail comment because it pisses me off when men start policing women’s bodies and telling us what we should and shouldn’t wear. I don’t like Carrie but who cares if she’s not wearing a bra 😂

Her being front and centre of an article about ALW isn’t going to do her reputation any favours. Most of the public can’t stand him. If Carrie was a working class person, she wouldn’t even want to work with him. Because she’s middle class, she can turn a blind eye to his f***ed-up political stances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
I don’t like that Daily Mail comment because it pisses me off when men start policing women’s bodies and telling us what we should and shouldn’t wear. I don’t like Carrie but who cares if she’s not wearing a bra 😂
Exactly this! That comment was predictably sexist

Lol at Carrie sharing this. * Sings * 🎵 Carrie you're not queer just because you kiss your female friends when drunk. You're every straight woman ever 🎵

Attachments

Reactions: 6
I’m not a Boris fan but ffs, they didn’t just close theatres for fun. I agree with what someone above said, why do they talk about theatres as if it’s the only thing that’s been closed and as if they were closed out of spite rather than to save lives.

Reactions: 13
I’m not a Boris fan but ffs, they didn’t just close theatres for fun. I agree with what someone above said, why do they talk about theatres as if it’s the only thing that’s been closed and as if they were closed out of spite rather than to save lives.
Same so many people have no only lost lives but there livelihood and their jobs etc so many, it is extremely sad that theatres been closed for over a year but Carrie and alw have been very lucky that there able to open there show regardless of how cringe it looks, just goes to show you don’t have to be amazing just have a load of money

Reactions: 4
I think the arts are essential because what would life be without the arts? But theatres are not essential during a pandemic. Certain things should be open during a pandemic, certain things shouldn’t. Most actors have struggled a lot more than her as well. And they’ve all handled it better without sulking about it like her. She’s certainly shown her true colours and how selfish she is during this whole pandemic. Reminds me of when Ellen Degeneres cried in her mansion to her fans, who are mostly working class, about how much she was struggling. Read the room.

Reactions: 16
Sue the government? For money? Money which will be paid by the generations who are already going to be paying back the money the pandemic has cost us in needed support?
ALW can bleeping get in the bin.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Seeing her reblog all the pride stuff annoys me because I will never forget her claiming she was not straight (and deleting all her claims before thay she was an ally) and calling herself heteroflexible because what if she cant see herself dating a woman! She likes to kiss female friends when drunk!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.