Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie needs to know that liking books isn’t a personality trait. Lots of people read constantly

Reactions: 18
I think you've all misunderstood the book library. Everyone brings in books, not just one person. We have one at work, it's a chance to swap with other and find something new for free.

Not sure why I lurk on this thread, I disagree with most of it and wouldn't normally comment but felt you should know about the book library. It's a nice idea. Books are expensive and it's a great way to get a new one. I wouldn't call it a good deed even. Just a thing people set up who like books.
Carrie said that she started the book library and has only ever seen photos of books she's brought in.
There's been no mention whatsoever of others even being interested in it, nevermind actually bringing in books.

It's totally Carrie's thing so she can brag about how nice and generous she is.

Reactions: 11
Carrie said that she started the book library and has only ever seen photos of books she's brought in.
There's been no mention whatsoever of others even being interested in it, nevermind actually bringing in books.

It's totally Carrie's thing so she can brag about how nice and generous she is.
OK... backing away from the crazy room... have a lovely day ladies. Hope the sun is shining where you are.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Her motives are so transparent. She doesn’t genuinely care if the books bring a little bit of joy to anyone’s day, she’s doing it so they see her as a nice person. It’s a ‘selfish’ good deed because she’s only doing it for herself. She’s going to try really hard to not be a bully at work again. But she’s the kind of person to intimidate and make a younger colleague feel like tit and then buy doughnuts for the cast and post it to her own Instagram so she looks kind. ‘Be kind’ means being a nice person, not just doing a kind gesture so it benefits you and makes people say nice things about you. She’s pathetic. It’s so obvious that she’s now going to be overly kind to everyone at work now, to save her reputation. But Carrie, if you have to try this hard to seem kind, you’re not that kind at all. Genuinely kind people don’t have to try so hard. And they do it for others, not themselves.

I have a friend that used to work front of house at a theatre and he knew other theatre people and one of his friends worked at a theatre Carrie was working in and he said that the staff used to just eyeroll all the time at her because she was so... MUCH. Other actors would come in and just say hello and be humble and normal. But Carrie would come in and be all ‘HELLO!’ and all fake nice and she’d make a point of patronising the ‘lesser’ members of staff and she’d brag whenever she’d brought in treats or anything. Apparently she just had to make her presence known. Everyone had to know the star had arrived. (This was during her Heathers run). Literally so many people can see through her, she’s just so fake.
I bet the Front of House staff are sick of having to receive fan mail and presents on her behalf, box offices and stage door offices are normally small so I can imagine it gets irritating to act as her personal PO box.

Reactions: 10
OK... backing away from the crazy room... have a lovely day ladies. Hope the sun is shining where you are.
"Crazy room" for pointing out that Carrie explicitly told everyone that she started a "little library" and brought bags full of books. And she has also made several book vlogs where she mostly mentions ones that she hasn't read and that got sent to her for free.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
:ROFLMAO: Are you CHF? That's surely the only explanation for such a flounce out in reaction to just two or three people commenting on your post?!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
You think this is a crazy room?🤣 Compared to some threads on here it’s one of the tamest in my opinion. Most of what is said is fair criticism and often backed up by people’s own experiences.
I think it’s good to read the threads of people you do like every now and then, sometimes it opens your eyes. If your opinion doesn’t change then leave, but here’s the thing, it’s not an airport, you don’t need to announce your departure.

Reactions: 17
As a book lover, I have zero issue with what Carrie did with the library id do the same lol so I'm not faulting her for that but I'll witch about the freebies. She. Doesn't. Deserve. Them.

Reactions: 3
I don’t really care about the library itself. In fact, I think that if there’s a lot of book lovers working there it could be a really nice idea.

What irks me is that she feels she needs to document everything about it on Instagram. Comes across very “look at how thoughtful I am” and kinda screams she’s doing it for her own validation instead of actually for everyone else’s benefit.

Reactions: 27
Is it normal for there to be that many script changes only a month or so before the show is due to open?
Let’s hope they’re changing the godawful lyrics to Bad Cinderella ...

I bet the Front of House staff are sick of having to receive fan mail and presents on her behalf, box offices and stage door offices are normally small so I can imagine it gets irritating to act as her personal PO box.
It’s interesting to see how it’ll work. You literally have to be buzzed into a locked cage to access stage door. Not the step in from the street her manic fans are used to.
also it’s teeny tiny so will they even accept packages from random folk with Covid restrictionsin place.
I’m sure C will helpfully tell us where we can drop the booty Complete with PO address nearer the time...

Reactions: 4
I think this is uncalled for. Just because we have a different viewpoint doesn't mean we're crazy, and tbh just calling someone crazy is rude. I didn't even speak up about the library but you still managed to offend me 👍

Reactions: 14
The bookshelf thing is so patronising. ‘I’m going to make sure the rest of the cast know how important it is to read. Some of them are quite young so they need me to explain this’.

They're there to work. Not read books.
Do west end cast have much time to actually read?

Reactions: 3
Lmao I'm sorry this is so trivial but the instastory post: "I've ended up with an unexpected afternoon off and Edgar can't quite believe his luck"

I know she's just making a silly post but it makes it so obvious how she thinks of herself...anyone else would post something pointing out how lucky they are to get to spend unexpected time with their cuddly pet

but from her perspective it's "Edgar is so lucky he gets to spend time with me". Doubly indicative of her behaviour considering it's such a throwaway post that her natural instinct is to phrase it that way, she didn't even think twice. "How lucky am I to have such an affectionate cat?" vs ""How lucky is my cat to get to have *me*?"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.