Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

howverry

I’m sorry but ALW response has made me so angry. As a nurse I have seen so much death this past year I still cry most nights. Yet because the theatre can’t reopen on your schedule you are going to sue the government and get arrested. For gods sake how selfish can you get!! I get it’s frustrating but for the sake of everyone if your show gets pushed back a few weeks, or even months, then you suck it up! Doesn’t he realise it isn’t about him. He and Carrie are made for each other.
also has anyone else noticed how ‘far too late’ is essentially the same music he wrote for Eurovision with ‘my time’. This show will do just as badly as that did as well I’m sure!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
No matter how "humble" and "down to earth" she tries to claim she is, she absolutely looks down on her understudy and other cast members.

Going off topic slightly but am I the only one who isn't in love with christina's veronica? She's definitely a step up from carrie for sure, but if I'm being totally honest, her dead girl walking and I say no sound a little off to me so far? I can't wait to see becca on tour, she's phenomenal - but I'm getting huge Carrie energy from Christina, her overall attitude kind of just rubs me off the wrong way.
Also could just be me reading it wrong, but someone on tiktok asked her if she'd be cutting her hair and her response felt sorta rude. Every primary Veronica has had shorter hair, so it's an understandable question to ask.

1622913432259.png

Poothe

VIP Member
I think she is aging out of Disney roles and no longer has the right look. I predict babies and following in Gi’s footsteps as an authority on all things motherhood (god help us) when the roles dry up.

mjerrie05

I’m glad someone else picked up on the story about summer bodies.

I had an unfortunate childhood where I was very skinny and my school were utterly convinced I was intentionally trying to be thin. It reached a point where I had to eat my lunch in front of a school nurse each lunchtime and be chaperoned to the loo because they thought I was making myself sick. Its lead to problems later in life around anxiety eating in public.
I don’t say this for sympathy but to explain how hurtful and triggering it can be to read “Fed girl summer” because there are some people who are desperately trying to put on weight and just can’t. They’re “fed” but they have a lot of shame around the fact they can’t put on weight and what that might imply about their perfectly loving family.
I’d have killed to have had a little bit of extra weight as a kid to make me invisible to the eyes of people making a drama out of it. I feel that post, or more specifically that sentence perpetuates the idea that people choose to be skinny, and if they’re very thin, then there must be something wrong either mentally, or how they are being raised.

In summary; yes. I think this post skinny shames.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Mark81

VIP Member
IIRC she stated she deliberately acted up in "Dead Girl Walking" because she felt like she was getting back at people who suggested she didn't look right for the role/was too large. I can understand being affected by cruel comments about her, but at the same time, turning that scene into near-panto is not the professional response
That in itself proves she's not professional, or an actress. Acting isn't about you, it's about becoming the person you're playing. Yes you can draw on your own experiences but when you make it personal,make it about you, then youve lost the character

queequeg19

These comments on theatre board about Heathers, it sounds like Carrie shade
poster 1: Do you think they’ll bother with a half decent set this time? The original one was an embarrassment.

poster 2: Maybe they'll have more money to throw around now that somebody's Pret habit isn't needing to be accounted for?

• Haha
Hi Everyone, I’ve been reading this tread for a while but her IG story tipped me over the edge to set up an account to post.

How does she not see how embarrassing it is to write that message to fellow actors and sign it Cinderella! Someone who actually cares about her needs to sit her down and give her a reality check.

Poothe

VIP Member
I think you've all misunderstood the book library. Everyone brings in books, not just one person. We have one at work, it's a chance to swap with other and find something new for free.

Not sure why I lurk on this thread, I disagree with most of it and wouldn't normally comment but felt you should know about the book library. It's a nice idea. Books are expensive and it's a great way to get a new one. I wouldn't call it a good deed even. Just a thing people set up who like books.
I respectfully disagree. This is the second photo she has posted with a bagful of books in the last couple of days. This is totally Carrie’s thing.

Attachments

bertie272

Hi, I'm a lurker on here and don't normally comment on threads like this, but does I really just get the vibe that CHF is very unprofessional in general. Like when she finished the Heathers run with tonsillitis and kept on bragging/talking about it? That's really not something to be proud of or promote to her following at all. It's just plain stupid. Also when she kept on speaking about how she can't read sheet music and hasn't gone to drama school. That doesn't make her amazing, it just inconveniences everyone who has to work with her.

Poothe

VIP Member
That in itself proves she's not professional, or an actress. Acting isn't about you, it's about becoming the person you're playing. Yes you can draw on your own experiences but when you make it personal,make it about you, then youve lost the character
And herein lies the problem: with Carrie everything is about Carrie.

Reactions: 20

Poothe

VIP Member
Well I skimmed my way through the vlog and it was her usual boring, repetitive stuff - coffee, journey to work, Covid test, a bit of warm up footage. Nothing earth shattering…. but then the book trolley! It’s not enough to have already gone on about it on Insta. She actually filmed herself assembling the trolley (yawn) and then told us how she has so many books that she needed to get rid of some and - look! - what a wonderful generous person she is - she tells us she wheels the trolley around the dressing rooms so that the cast (lesser mortals than our wonderful Carrie) can borrow or EVEN keep some of her old books if they want to! Wow, what a legend. What a lucky cast to have Carrie as their leader.
BTW I have no criticism of shared libraries in workplaces, it’s just that Carrie has made this all about herself as usual. 🙄

• Haha

R2T2

Her latest grid post with her hair wrap - that fingers to the chin, wide-eyed, over-the-top pout pose is SO ANNOYING. 😂

Wtf! If that’s true, they have lost all of my respect. Where the hell was my mum’s £30k payout for looking after my learning-disabled sister (who has very challenging behaviour)?? My mum had to leave her job to look after her. My mum got a payout of LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE and it took 6 months, so for 6 months she was borrowing money from her adult children because she couldn’t afford the rent, bills, or even to put food on the table for her and my sister. I’m beyond fuming at this. All respect gone, the lot of them are massive Tories. I don’t care if they claim to be left-wing and vote for left-wing parties, they have the attitude of Tories. Fuck the Fletchers, man. Like seriously? How on Earth are they more eligible for money than people like my mum?? They’re rich! She’d just been on I’m a Celeb! They write books and she has a podcast so they can work from home! I know the publishing industry suffered a bit because of covid but come on! Us key workers haven’t been working out arses off to pay for millionaires to grab a few thousand extra quid. If I knew where my money was bloody going, I’d have been more inclined to quit my job and stay at home and help look after my sister. Except I had to work to help provide for my mum and sister, AND apparently to help provide for the Fletchers. That’s actually disgusting. All respect GONE.
I saw an older video where Boris Johnson came up and Carrie said ‘As much as I love Boris Johnson’. Yes this was before he was PM but no one who votes Labour would ever say anything positive about a Tory

They might claim to be liberals but they’re a rich family and always have been so they should just be open about it. Massive Tories the lot of them

• Sick

bumblebee1696

I’m going to see it in July. I really want to see the alternate Cinderella because she’ll probably make the effort to play the actual role of Cinderella. Whereas watching Carrie play Cinderella will just be like watching Carrie play herself. Because she can’t act. But I’ll give a spoiler-free review of the show if you all like!

(If anyone is wondering why I’m going, it’s because I just like musicals and I’m on an Emerald Fennell hype. I’m also seeing a few other shows that week and me and my friends got overexcited when theatres reopened and we booked more than we could afford. 🤦‍♀️)

Last edited:
  • Heart

hn1998

You’ll be blocked now for posting it on here 😂

I think she posted that because it featured HER! She can’t resist - she wouldn’t have even considered the consequences or that it’s in bad taste.
If I’m not blocked after this I will be very surprised!
12CB8438-8B02-47E3-B486-D6F212638B5D.png

• Heart

Illogic_ally

And Thank Gd for that.
Forgive my theatre ignorance, but are announcements like that standard practice after cast changes etc? Because if not, holy stunt-casting-confirmation Batman. Also what a slap in the face to all the other original cast that aren’t returning. If I was part of that cast I would be so dirty towards those producers, especially after the whole cast album cover shenanigans