Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Carrie's definitely been having some sort of breakdown over the last week or so. I was up late last night talking to someone we've worked with who's recently been cast in a show, and instead of being encouraging of them she's been banging on about how huge of a responsibility they now have to lead the industry back to how it was pre-covid (as if we'll be back to normal anytime soon in the first place) and making them feel insanely pressured. Like wow, a good luck doesn't hurt, Carrie. :rolleyes:
We both feel like she's trying to throw them off a bit because Cinderella isn't going to be one of the first shows to open next week, but that's just our take on the conversation.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

RosaGirl200

The tuck shop thing feels like a real Jenny Joyce move from Derry Girls if anyone watches it. That person who is just so try hard and in your face sickly sweet, and everything they do pisses you off.

I mean Carrie IS Jenny Joyce. And we all Michelle 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
As someone who has been on the frontline since day, I find alw incredibly insulting.

Not to mention how disgraceful Carrie has been during lockdown. I'm close to burn out despite having annual leave in-between. She got to sit in her expensive house and many incomes, and chose NOT to work. She can go f**k herself if she even tries to complain.

sorry did anyone see this, like does she see all of this as a big joke to her? and then pull it off like she has worked really hard and deserves to be in the shitty role
I like a dark joke as much as the next person, but this just feels like it's in incredibly poor taste. The problem is, even if Andrew Lloyd Webber WAS arrested (won't happen), it wouldn't affect his life as it would a normal person. For example, if I, a regular Jane, was arrested, charged, and found guilty of something, I would probably lose my current job as it required a full background check, which I might no longer pass with something like that on my record. It would also affect my future job prospects in the same way, and I might not ever fully ecconomically or socially recover. Most people are in a similar boat; an arrest, a charge, and especially a punishment would have a massive affect on them ecconomically, socially, personally, everything-especially those with no family and no safety net.

On the other hand, ALW is a member of the house of lords, incredibly rich and influential, and work won't dry up for him any time soon, even with his recent track record of flops. His name alone lends legitimacy to a production and just generally makes things happen. He has the kind of safety net most people could only dream of. In what I believe to be the extremely unlikely event that he was arrested, he has the money, connections, and position to, if not make it go away, certainly reduce any punishment with excellent legal representation, and easily pay any fine. He would walk back into his current job with no repurcussions, and it would likely be treated as a bit of a joke by his peers. He would be seen by many as a hero. It's just not the same thing at all.

Sorry for the rant, but his attitude about all this has really got to me lol. He's so unbelievably out of touch.

Theodore

VIP Member
Watch out, she’ll end up finding a producer who sees enough potential dollar signs (despite the obvious lack of actual audience) and she’ll be writing her own show next.

Carrie Hope Fletcher in: Carrying Hope - The Carrie Hope Fletcher Story
They should call her “Cash and Carrie”

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Insomiaflamingo

VIP Member
Apologies this is slightly off topic but I’ve just seen this and it explains the slight casting confusion because there are so many goddamn adaptations of Cinderella floating around this year 😂
This is off topic too but why can’t they make musical films without james cordon! I liked Gavin and Stacey and he can sing but I don’t understand why he always ends up in musicals when theres a lot better musical people out there

babygoats

OK... backing away from the crazy room... have a lovely day ladies. Hope the sun is shining where you are.
"Crazy room" for pointing out that Carrie explicitly told everyone that she started a "little library" and brought bags full of books. And she has also made several book vlogs where she mostly mentions ones that she hasn't read and that got sent to her for free.

• Haha

anastasia1989

Ugh, came to say the same thing. How conceited to sign a note to friends/peers with your autograph. And in classic Carrie style, she’s managed to make it about her (“a not-so-Disney princess around the corner” and “Cinderella” at the bottom. You know, just in case they didn’t know that she is the very important and talented new star of the brand new ALW musical). There was absolutely zero need to reference herself on the note, a simple congratulations & break a leg would have been lovely.

DigiDuino

1620848304764.png

Stop me if I’m being daft here, but this doesn’t make much sense with the lyrics does it?

‘bad Cinderella, Cinderella is the catty name that they call me’- surely implies Cinderella is the catty name?
As is the case in the Disney versions, where her name is actually Ella.

• Haha

Alice_Taylorx

She could have told the trolley story as a funny anecdote, but no, she chose a passive aggressive rant. She comes across so badly, I wish she'd take a second to check herself before posting
Honestly, more than anything this is the kind of stuff that makes me feel like she doesn't have any real friends. That kind of anecdote (something annoying but ultimately trivial, just pisses you off and sours your day) is the kind of stuff you vent to your friends about just because it bugged you and you want to tell someone about it to get it off your chest. But instead she turns to her audience. She does that a lot.

She does the same thing with little happy things that she encounters throughout the day too. "I just came across this unexpectedly nice thing, my day is made!" Just little snippets of her life that anyone else would share with their friends, she shares with thousands of strangers. When I agree that she overshares, it's stuff like this that comes to mind more often than not. I think it's so ingrained in her she wouldn't even think twice about it. I can't imagine what kind of stories or anecdotes she has left to tell friends, because she publicly broadcasts every happy, exciting, annoying, boring, run-of-the-mill etc thing that happens throughout her life, day after day.

She treats her audience as she would close friends, or even a diary. It's no wonder she gets upset when that friend or diary talks back and has something negative to say.

Last edited:

Illogic_ally

Now I’m not an actor or in the industry, but wouldn’t breaking down in tears during a song/scene multiple times to the point that your producer/director has to stop and ask if you’re okay be a little... unprofessional?
I really don’t think Carrie understands what acting actually is. She goes out and says the lines and sings the song in whatever way she’s told to, but it’s her doing it, not the character. In Heathers it was CHF as Veronica Sawyer as CHF, and given how much Cinderella has basically been touted as being Carrie’s show, I think it’ll likely be the same story if not worse. She has absolutely no separation between herself and the character she’s playing

Reactions: 22
Just caught up and I’m absolutely fuming.
Myself and a ton of other people in the industry have had to work god awful jobs (as well as so many people on the front line not even getting a decent wage) to keep ourselves afloat through covid, but not only has Carrie managed without working for a year in her lovely house, but her family are claiming money from tax payers now too?! I never want to hear her complain about the government or covid again. I’m absolutely disgusted.

• Sad

Merida

How embarrassing...
Does ALW not realise that theatres are currently allowed to open??
No one is stopping them from opening. They just have to adhere to social distancing for the health and safety of everyone attending.

This has further put me off going to see bad cinderlla. Just makes me feel they would be valuing my money more than my safety.

cwymmie

VIP Member
It’s so embarrassing that she keeps breaking down into tears during rehearsals. Why is she telling the public she’s doing this? It makes her seem very unstable. I don’t think her colleagues would find it endearing, rather just attention seeking and annoying.