Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only time anyone has ever brought stuff to work was when we put together all the sweets we get at Christmas time on the wards/clinic and everyone gets some. I give my secretary any fizzy drinks I get with lunch because I don't drink them and she does so it doesn't go to waste and when we have early morning meetings she'll occasionally bring me coffee on her way.

That sounds more normal to me and that Carrie is trying to buy friends.

Reactions: 5
ALW acting like he’s being personally victimised and that no shows can open when Nica Burns has had some of her theatres open for almost a month now is hilarious.

I worked in a theatre where they did “free fruit Mondays”, when you went in there was a couple of massive fruit bowls with a lovely selection for you to choose from. Sometimes the department managers would get ice creams for their team as well on a two show day in the summer. But Carrie looks like she’s trying to bribe a bunch of 8 year olds to be her friend with that offering!

Reactions: 9
The only time anyone has ever brought stuff to work was when we put together all the sweets we get at Christmas time on the wards/clinic and everyone gets some. I give my secretary any fizzy drinks I get with lunch because I don't drink them and she does so it doesn't go to waste and when we have early morning meetings she'll occasionally bring me coffee on her way.

That sounds more normal to me and that Carrie is trying to buy friends.
Exactly, at work, if someone is gifted chocolates they don't like they bring them in and wordlessly place them on the spare desk in our office. It's an unspoken arrangement so stuff doesn't go to waste. We don't go how lovely, Carrie brought these in, thanks Carries you're amazing Carrie, instead, we don't tend to know who brought them in, we might go "ooooh, Chocolates" and that's that. No social media post, no special notebooks.

Reactions: 9
At least she hopefully wasn't taking an additional bit of income from someone, but yeah just makes other people feel bad for not being able to afford to just pay out of pocket.

Honestly, it feels a bit like bribery for friends. Wherever I've worked in the past people have tended to bring stuff in around birthdays/Christmas but not every single day.

I know it'll keep better than other stuff but I can't help but feel a bit iffy about the type of food/drink she's bringing in. Considering she works in an industry which is known for having a lot of body image and eating disorder problems/challenges. Surely being more balanced or not making people feel obliged would be a better approach.

Yeah I don’t know how many she’s gonna get rid of considering everyone there probably bought there own food from home, I don’t know how many of them are gonna want sweets and chocolate especially as it’s not proper food for them to keep going during a show. Does sound massively like an 8 year old kid bringing in a big bag of sweets on their birthday and it’s as if to say ‘I bought you guys sweets you should therefore be my friend’ like that’s not how it works yeah they might come in your dressing room but gives them no other reason to like you and want to be friends with you, they’ll probably just see you as ‘Carrie the one who bought in food’

Reactions: 3
Maybe I'm an awkward, antisocial person, but I would rather go to the shop. I'm just picturing all the interactions she must have over the 'tuck shop' thing and it makes me cringe. So people go to her dressing room for a drink, not to actually see or speak to her, then are forced into chatting with her anyway, and writing in her inane book, and then they just... get what they want and leave? It just seems so stilted and awkward to me. She tries so hard and it comes across as unnatural and inauthentic. It's all like a power play - she wants people to come to her wanting something that she can provide. Weird.

Reactions: 19
Well according to the mail large events will still go ahead so will have to see what he announces.

The whole tuck shop thing screams of that annoying person at school who liked to be hyper organised and tell everyone what to do/should do in a desperation to be popular/have attention

Reactions: 6
I'm just envisioning Carrie screaming: "Don't forget my happy book!!" every time someone comes in to get a snack and I just can't.... :LOL: Seems so awkward to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The desperation is actually embarrassing. And I’ve never known ANYONE to brag so much about ‘being kind’. She’s such an embarrassing person.

Reactions: 17
Does she ever eat any fruit and veg? I know we don’t see her every meal but all we ever see at the moment is donuts and fizzy drinks and all that crap. Does she ever bring a little sad salad in a Tupperware to work like the rest of us? Lol

Reactions: 12
Carrie, brandishing a gun: WRITE IN MY HAPPY BOOK. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU WERE HERE
Random cast member, sobbing: Please Carrie I just want a Pepsi max

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Does she ever eat any fruit and veg? I know we don’t see her every meal but all we ever see at the moment is donuts and fizzy drinks and all that crap. Does she ever bring a little sad salad in a Tupperware to work like the rest of us? Lol
Carrie has shown us in the past that she isn't very healthy with all the Pret and Ole, and Steen visits. Now she's obsessed with that doughnut company.

I'm not saying she shouldn't treat herself but for someone MT you'd think she'd be a bit more wanting to keep fit and have a balanced diet?

Reactions: 5
Carrie Hope Fletcher #8: looks like Cinderella will be a flop, so buy a cherry coke from my amazing tuck shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
It’s not even a lockdown thing. Like, all of our diets changed over lockdown, I imagine. I certainly spent the first couple of months eating a lot of takeaway food. I think that’s fairly standard. But she’s always just snacked on pastries and doughnuts and cake and fizzy drinks, ever since she’s been on YouTube. There’s nothing wrong with gaining weight and not being skinny, of course we all know that. But she’s not setting a great example by just showing people just how unhealthy her diet is. Cue a story soon featuring some fruit or veg to prove to us that she is healthy, and some quote about how it’s okay to ‘eat the damn doughnut, girl’ or whatever.

Also, it’s embarrassing how hard she’s trying to prove that she has friends. Most people don’t feel the need to try that hard. I actually feel a bit sorry for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I'm just envisioning Carrie screaming: "Don't forget my happy book!!" every time someone comes in to get a snack and I just can't.... :LOL: Seems so awkward to me.
I bet she’s got coloured pens so people can write their “happy thing” in different colours. The pens will probably have decorative things on the ends, like gonks with long hair. It’s the sort of thing ten year old girls do.

• Haha
Carrie has shown us in the past that she isn't very healthy with all the Pret and Ole, and Steen visits. Now she's obsessed with that doughnut company.

I'm not saying she shouldn't treat herself but for someone MT you'd think she'd be a bit more wanting to keep fit and have a balanced diet?
This!!!!

Who remembers when she tried to be a vegetarian and she stopped because she couldn’t get meals ready to eat on tour and has to be ‘on the go’ and stuff? Like I’m not saying don’t eat at all, if you’re hungry, eat.

What I’m saying is I’m a veggie myself and I live an ‘on the go’ lifestyle but I don’t go to pret all the time or feel the need to buy food with meat because I make it from home and I know roughly when I’m gonna be hungry.

I can’t imagine how much money she’s given away to pret and ole and steen in the past I just can’t figure why she chooses to buy food ready to eat instead make food from home and that way she knows what’s in there and it’s not just easy and convenient, like she’s a lead fgs most of them probably are taking care of there body and eating proper food

Reactions: 1
Makes me wonder if she’s filling her tuck shop/den of bribes with sweets and crap because she knows she eats way more junk food than the other cast and crew and is trying to normalise it so she doesn’t stick out as much for eating endless doughnuts and soda instead of veggies, fruit, or nuts, and water.

• Heart
The tuck shop thing feels like a real Jenny Joyce move from Derry Girls if anyone watches it. That person who is just so try hard and in your face sickly sweet, and everything they do pisses you off.

I mean Carrie IS Jenny Joyce. And we all Michelle 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't know why CHF and other West End people are so obsessed with Doughnut Time anyway.

They just look like doughnuts like you can get in M&S etc that someone has jammed a kinder bueno or lotus biscuit on to me, and then stuck a price tag of £5 on for good measure. Ker-flipping-ching!

I guess the price tag to normal people has to be stupid high so as to subsidise all the boxes they give away to CHF and others.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I had donut time when in London 2 years ago and firstly they’re MASSIVE. Couldn’t possibly eat more than half of one without feeling a bit gross. Also they’re just like .. okay. Dense, sickly donuts with stuff on top. I’d much rather have Krispy Kremes tbh.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.