Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only part of the post that I think is skinny shaming is the phrase “fed girl summer” that anyone who isn’t tiny is “fed” and that skinny people are not fed.

It’s the implication that their body size is as a result of negative actions. Wether you’re larger or skinny it’s not fair and can have harmful repercussions to make that generalisation.

maybe it’s not intentional but it’s clumsy and insensitive at best.

how many times can I say the word fed in one post. Sounds funny now 😂

Reactions: 6
She does a pretty good Kermit. Maybe there'll he like a Muppets live thing although then she'd need to learn a new skill, puppeteering.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Miss Honey was another of her dream roles... tbh, I wouldn't be mad if she went for something like that.

Reactions: 5
Miss Honey was another of her dream roles... tbh, I wouldn't be mad if she went for something like that.
I'd say she's closer to Trunchball than Miss Honey. Miss Honey needs warmth and charm and kindness.

Sad fact is Carrie can't act, and she can't even act through song when she is singing. Unless she actually takes a year or so off and goes and learns her craft she will never get the roles she wants, unless they need her youtube and brothers name to sell some tickets.

Her voice also seems to be weakening too. I don't think cinderella will help on that front either.

Reactions: 13
Carrie can only play one role. And that’s Carrie Hope Fletcher. She’s one note.
Watch out, she’ll end up finding a producer who sees enough potential dollar signs (despite the obvious lack of actual audience) and she’ll be writing her own show next.

Carrie Hope Fletcher in: Carrying Hope - The Carrie Hope Fletcher Story

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I can't see Carrie as Mrs Lovett. That role requires excellent comic timing, acting range, and phrasing - none of which she has. And the character will always be associated with iconic actresses like Patti LuPone, Angela Lansbury, and Helena Bonham-Carter which I don't think Carrie would like

Since she's not a strong dancer she also can't do roles like Sally in Cabaret or Roxie/Velma in Chicago which can be played by someone who's not really a singer, but are dance-heavy. Maybe she would get Elsa in Frozen eventually as stunt casting in a tour or to draw in audiences right before the show closes

Reactions: 5
Watch out, she’ll end up finding a producer who sees enough potential dollar signs (despite the obvious lack of actual audience) and she’ll be writing her own show next.

Carrie Hope Fletcher in: Carrying Hope - The Carrie Hope Fletcher Story
They should call her “Cash and Carrie”

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Just to add my two cents, I can see her maybe auditioning for maybe getting Maria in Sound of Music one day since it tours fairly regularly, I know it’s got a few high notes though which she could probably do before Heathers but I’m not sure about post-Heathers

Reactions: 2
Is it bad that I’m fully expecting Cinderella to flop and then for ALW to get her cast as Christine in Phantom? We all know she wouldn’t be able to pull that role off but considering he’s wrote an entire show based around her vocals...

Reactions: 4
Is it bad that I’m fully expecting Cinderella to flop and then for ALW to get her cast as Christine in Phantom? We all know she wouldn’t be able to pull that role off but considering he’s wrote an entire show based around her vocals...
No way in a bazillion years could Carrie be Christine. I'd truly die of shock. She's not a soprano is she?

Reactions: 11
Nope but apparently ALW just adores her so much 😂
If Cinderella flops he would definitely blame Carrie behind her back, he cast her after seeing her loud fans on Heathers, he is counting that with her name on the show it will bring said crazy fans and make his show a success. He won’t take in consideration his bad songs or scripts, which sucks big time for Carrie.
I don’t think he would cast her in anything if Cinderella flops.

Reactions: 18
I can't see any way Carrie could play Christine - who needs to be an operatic soprano and trained in ballet. Maybe if ALW had another show like The Wizard of Oz or The Sound of Music again he'd cast Carrie in it, but if Cinderella flops badly he will drop her fast

Reactions: 12
I don't think he has any other West End shows going on apart from Phantom, and nothing that's likely to return...I think. Maybe she'll just slope back to Les Mis. OT but I found out the other day that Cameron Mackintosh's office is round the corner from my work!

Yeah ALW very rarely carries his flavour of the month on after one show, especially if that show flops.

If Cinderella flops he will just move on.

Carrie couldn't do Christine in a million years, she can't sing or or act it and she isn't athletic enough.

Reactions: 6
Isn’t he famous for having a leading lady who he gushes over and then drops before moving onto the next one

Reactions: 12
Is she too young to play Mrs Lovett in Sweeney Todd? I always feel like that's one of the 'big' roles she wants to play at some point in her career, as well as Nancy. I could see her as either of them though I know nothing about vocal ranges and ability.
Mrs Lovett is a comedy role... she hasn’t got a funny bone in her. Flashback to her attempting the robot after Jodie Steele... cringe

Miss Honey I could see but after a lead role it’s a bit small potatoes and she wouldn’t be originating the role. Dozens have done it before her.

I’ve not seen the show yet so don’t know the ins and outs, though do know they’re not lead roles, but in a few years how about either of the mothers in Dear Evan Hansen? I wouldn’t say she’s old enough to play the parent of a teenager just yet but perhaps in a few years in could work?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.