Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would say, for anyone in doubt as to who to trust on weight gain/weight loss ignore social media posts by musical theatre actresses and instead listen to a person who has trained for 7 long hard years to become an actual doctor? There is so much ‘noise’ on social media about this issue. A doctor is medically trained and has taken a ‘Hippocratic oath’ to treat people to the best of their ability. Their agenda is to heal and educate not to make you feel bad for the sake of it.
For those looking to the BMI is bad argument. Doctors moved away from this a while ago and have started to look at the patient as a whole: health, socio-economic background, medical history.
Carrie shoots from the hip on the body posi issue every time - she sees a catchy post - reacts and posts. It’s telling that this forum has focused on her doughnut habit and her ‘feeding’ her cast mates over the last couple of days then we get the body insta posts.
TBH I started following her for her theatre content the rest is ....YAWN....

Reactions: 10
I'm glad Carrie feels confident in her body but yeah, the way she talks about this really comes across as more of her "I'm not like other girls!"
I don't think she is though. She constantly shares stuff about not being confident about her body and at the same time, posts stuff about body positivity.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with gaining weight. It's normal as you grow. I'm not the same size I was when I was 20 and I'm 29 now. I'm not healthy with my eating habits which has an impact. If I worked super hard, I know I could probably be that size again but I choose not too because I'm confident in how I look.

I'm not trying to preachy but she openly skinny shames and acts like she's far bigger than she is. She claims she put weight on because of being on a conceptive and also because of her lifestyle during Addams. I'm not saying she should be back to the size she was but if that was the case, she would be a very similar weight to what she was five, six years ago.

From what we've seen, Carrie is not healthy. That's okay but she needs to stop pretending the reason why she's not shifting it. For me, I am heavier because I love junk food. I don't try and deny it. I don't understand why she tries to make out she's bigger than she is when she is probably a size 12-14.

I'm not fat shaming or having a go at you personally by the way! 💓

Reactions: 8
I just hope that if we ever get mean girls she doesn't ruin another barrett wilbert weed role!! Or ruin cady heron

Reactions: 2
I just hope that if we ever get mean girls she doesn't ruin another barrett wilbert weed role!! Or ruin cady heron
I think Janis would be her "type" in terms of she'd want another of Barrett's roles and Janis is the "not like the other girls" type. On the other hand she seems to want to only be cast in the lead now

Reactions: 8
I think Janis would be her "type" in terms of she'd want another of Barrett's roles and Janis is the "not like the other girls" type. On the other hand she seems to want to only be cast in the lead now
After being cast as a lead in Cinderella any secondary role such as Janis would be a step back career wise it’d be Cady or nothing I’m afraid. She’s been lobbying hard for Audrey in Little Shop also like forever. That’s not gonna happen - ok she can ‘belt the tit out of’ Suddenly Seymour in a concert but let’s be real, she doesn’t have the acting or comedy chops for fragile Audrey.

It’ll be interesting what comes next for her...
Beetle juice was in talks to come over and she never shut up about playing Barbara - but again it’s a comedy role...so

Reactions: 7
After being cast as a lead in Cinderella any secondary role such as Janis would be a step back career wise it’d be Cady or nothing I’m afraid. She’s been lobbying hard for Audrey in Little Shop also like forever. That’s not gonna happen - ok she can ‘belt the tit out of’ Suddenly Seymour in a concert but let’s be real, she doesn’t have the acting or comedy chops for fragile Audrey.

It’ll be interesting what comes next for her...
Beetle juice was in talks to come over and she never shut up about playing Barbara - but again it’s a comedy role...so
Oh god no to little shop. Audrey needs a fragility and innocence to her, plus she needs to be funny. Carrie can't do any of that. Although I don't agree, I could possibly see her as Nancy (even though she could never act it well enough). Honestly I think she is reaching the end of her theatre career. She is aging out of young roles and she isn't a good enough actress for the character roles

I'm very curious to see how Carrie acts if somehow she is able to get another theatre role after Cinderella. There's no way she'll be getting cast as anymore leads (hopefully), so if anything she'll have a supporting role (also hopefully not Barbra in Beetlejuice - I love that musical and refuse to have her ruin it), or better off minor/ensemble one. She's inflated her own ego so much I honestly cannot imagine how she'd treat the female lead in any other show she does, it always has to be about her.

Reactions: 5
Oh god no to little shop. Audrey needs a fragility and innocence to her, plus she needs to be funny. Carrie can't do any of that. Although I don't agree, I could possibly see her as Nancy (even though she could never act it well enough). Honestly I think she is reaching the end of her theatre career. She is aging out of young roles and she isn't a good enough actress for the character roles
Funny you should mention Nancy - Oliver! is due a revival soon....
She’ll be able to link it way back when Tom played the lead in the West End 🙄

Reactions: 7
I’m surprised she decided to run a 10k a day after getting the vaccine, most people I know got dizzy and had headaches. (I felt like sht for 3 days after my first dose) but it’s glad she didn’t really had symptoms.

Reactions: 1
Funny you should mention Nancy - Oliver! is due a revival soon....
She’ll be able to link it way back when Tom played the lead in the West End 🙄
Yeah that's why I mentioned it as if anyone would cast her its Cameron. She has to be protected by her small group of enablers. Although if cinderella flops he may think twice.

In 5 to 10 years she could maybe be Donna in mamma Mia but even that requires comedy and some dramatic acting.

Reactions: 5
You would think she'd make more of an effort to not bleed social media followers. They're what she will be relying on to get cast if she won't learn to read sheet music, take lessons, and everything else that other performers have to do

Reactions: 3
Do we know what dates she is performing in Cinderella? I’d quite like to see the show but tbh would rather see it with the alternate Cinderella.

Reactions: 9
I don't know whether she'll be on from the beginning of the run, or they'll only add the alternate when they go up to eight shows a week.

Reactions: 3
Is she too young to play Mrs Lovett in Sweeney Todd? I always feel like that's one of the 'big' roles she wants to play at some point in her career, as well as Nancy. I could see her as either of them though I know nothing about vocal ranges and ability.

Reactions: 2
Is she too young to play Mrs Lovett in Sweeney Todd? I always feel like that's one of the 'big' roles she wants to play at some point in her career, as well as Nancy. I could see her as either of them though I know nothing about vocal ranges and ability.
She can’t act though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.