Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine it’s been more widely exposed to teenagers after Riverdale as well.

Reactions: 1
Interesting how they have chosen 2 new Veronicas for Tour and West who look more like Winona from the film, with dark brown hair, now that they no longer need a stunt cast lead (I’m sure they are very talented though). Obviously the hair and look doesn’t need to be the same every time they cast someone but Carrie was basically styled as a Veronica with “Carrie hope Fletcher”s hairstyle. It really stood out that she was stunt cast for her following. Just my opinion.

Reactions: 9
Interesting how they have chosen 2 new Veronicas for Tour and West who look more like Winona from the film, with dark brown hair, now that they no longer need a stunt cast lead (I’m sure they are very talented though). Obviously the hair and look doesn’t need to be the same every time they cast someone but Carrie was basically styled as a Veronica with “Carrie hope Fletcher”s hairstyle. It really stood out that she was stunt cast for her following. Just my opinion.
Yes, it's not a requirement of the role but the professional productions tend to go with a certain "look": Veronica looks a bit more like Winona, Heather C is a gorgeous blonde (or wears a wig), Heather D is played by an actress of colour. And Carrie doesn't fit that. No reason why she has to, the only character that needs to look a certain way is Martha; but it is further evidence of her being stunt cast

Reactions: 7
She could have told the trolley story as a funny anecdote, but no, she chose a passive aggressive rant. She comes across so badly, I wish she'd take a second to check herself before posting

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She could have told the trolley story as a funny anecdote, but no, she chose a passive aggressive rant. She comes across so badly, I wish she'd take a second to check herself before posting
Honestly, more than anything this is the kind of stuff that makes me feel like she doesn't have any real friends. That kind of anecdote (something annoying but ultimately trivial, just pisses you off and sours your day) is the kind of stuff you vent to your friends about just because it bugged you and you want to tell someone about it to get it off your chest. But instead she turns to her audience. She does that a lot.

She does the same thing with little happy things that she encounters throughout the day too. "I just came across this unexpectedly nice thing, my day is made!" Just little snippets of her life that anyone else would share with their friends, she shares with thousands of strangers. When I agree that she overshares, it's stuff like this that comes to mind more often than not. I think it's so ingrained in her she wouldn't even think twice about it. I can't imagine what kind of stories or anecdotes she has left to tell friends, because she publicly broadcasts every happy, exciting, annoying, boring, run-of-the-mill etc thing that happens throughout her life, day after day.

She treats her audience as she would close friends, or even a diary. It's no wonder she gets upset when that friend or diary talks back and has something negative to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Did she not have any donuts or funsize boxes of guylian chocolates she could have placated trolley rage man with?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
My tiktok is gaining traction again after CHF posted about it on her insta. And seeing as apparently she reads here, (and I feel others have maybe misunderstood/missed part of my point) I feel I should clarify some things.

-People don’t get cast for 1927327 reasons. We know this. My point was she didn’t have to make an excuse that insulted another woman as to why she wasn’t cast. When (in my opinion, and clearly others) she isn’t the right fit for Jenna. Which is fine. But in typical CHF fashion, she has to make some excuse that pertains to something out of her control (IE her age or how old she looks) whilst also commenting on another woman’s appearance, as to why she wasn’t cast, bc she can’t for one second dare comprehend or admit that she doesn’t fit/isn’t entitled to every big/dream part bc of who she is.

-things in the comments I absolutely do not condone or think it’s okay to comment on: body shaming/weight/general appearance, victim blaming from her previous relationships which were abusive.

-anyone who creates for audiences/public consumption, artists, influencers, performers, designers and so on, are open to public opinion on their art/behaviour. There are people that don’t like my extremely pink and kawaii art. And that’s fine. It’s not for everyone. When Colin firth was in mama Mia, a whole bunch of people thought he was awful. Same as Russel Crowe in Les Mis. And whilst I don’t agree with directly searching out people and messaging them with your disdain on their art or creations, as human people, we’re allowed to have and share opinions.

-this is not the first problematic thing she’s done that I disagree with. It’s a pattern of behaviour whether her fans want to admit it or not.And the endless IRONY of her army attacking anyone who dares disagree or dislike her behaviour, whilst preaching ‘BE KIND’ is just hilariously baffling to me.

- the amount of performers/other industry professionals/theatre staff etc in the comments sharing their own personal experiences speaks volumes In my humble opinion. But hey, as a ‘hater’ what do I know lmaaoo.

I’m always open to discussion and genuine discourse but I’m also a strong believer in people being held accountable and open to opinions when they choose a career in the spotlight. Not just put on a pedestal and treated like they can do no wrong- and I mean that about everyone, not just CHF.

PS This comment basically sums up what I meant in literally one sentence lmaaoo

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35
My tiktok is gaining traction again after CHF posted about it on her insta. And seeing as apparently she reads here, (and I feel others have maybe misunderstood/missed part of my point) I feel I should clarify some things.

-People don’t get cast for 1927327 reasons. We know this. My point was she didn’t have to make an excuse that insulted another woman as to why she wasn’t cast. When (in my opinion, and clearly others) she isn’t the right fit for Jenna. Which is fine. But in typical CHF fashion, she has to make some excuse that pertains to something out of her control (IE her age or how old she looks) whilst also commenting on another woman’s appearance, as to why she wasn’t cast, bc she can’t for one second dare comprehend or admit that she doesn’t fit/isn’t entitled to every big/dream part bc of who she is.

-things in the comments I absolutely do not condone or think it’s okay to comment on: body shaming/weight/general appearance, victim blaming from her previous relationships which were abusive.

-anyone who creates for audiences/public consumption, artists, influencers, performers, designers and so on, are open to public opinion on their art/behaviour. There are people that don’t like my extremely pink and kawaii art. And that’s fine. It’s not for everyone. When Colin firth was in mama Mia, a whole bunch of people thought he was awful. Same as Russel Crowe in Les Mis. And whilst I don’t agree with directly searching out people and messaging them with your disdain on their art or creations, as human people, we’re allowed to have and share opinions.

-this is not the first problematic thing she’s done that I disagree with. It’s a pattern of behaviour whether her fans want to admit it or not.And the endless IRONY of her army attacking anyone who dares disagree or dislike her behaviour, whilst preaching ‘BE KIND’ is just hilariously baffling to me.

- the amount of performers/other industry professionals/theatre staff etc in the comments sharing their own personal experiences speaks volumes In my humble opinion. But hey, as a ‘hater’ what do I know lmaaoo.

I’m always open to discussion and genuine discourse but I’m also a strong believer in people being held accountable and open to opinions when they choose a career in the spotlight. Not just put on a pedestal and treated like they can do no wrong- and I mean that about everyone, not just CHF.

PS This comment basically sums up what I meant in literally one sentence lmaaoo
I hope you’ve not been getting grief for your tiktok. You didn’t even say anything untrue, you were literally stating facts. She literally said those things and then told Instagram ‘don’t believe everything you hear about me’. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I sometimes get the impression that Carrie is a bit anti slimmer girls in her bid to be ‘body positive’ about her (slight) extra weight? I don’t know I just read this and thought none of this needs to be said? Some people want to lose weight and feel good for the summer for themselves not necessarily for other people which is what that last point is suggesting. I just think being body positive about being bigger is not the only way to be body positive. ‘Shutting down any talk of losing weight for the summer’ invalidates the people who are choosing to do that - it is not a bad thing to want to lose weight.

Just be happy in yourself, whatever that means for you without commenting on other people’s choices in order to make yourself feel better. Lose weight or eat tit loads of pasta for the summer. But don’t compete with other people or shame others’ choices. Defeats the whole point.

(I’m saying this as a size 14 and 6 months pregnant. I’m going for sweaty, waddling, can’t tie my shoes type summer.)

Attachments

I sometimes get the impression that Carrie is a bit anti slimmer girls in her bid to be ‘body positive’ about her (slight) extra weight? I don’t know I just read this and thought none of this needs to be said? Some people want to lose weight and feel good for the summer for themselves not necessarily for other people which is what that last point is suggesting. I just think being body positive about being bigger is not the only way to be body positive. ‘Shutting down any talk of losing weight for the summer’ invalidates the people who are choosing to do that - it is not a bad thing to want to lose weight.

Just be happy in yourself, whatever that means for you without commenting on other people’s choices in order to make yourself feel better. Lose weight or eat tit loads of pasta for the summer. But don’t compete with other people or shame others’ choices. Defeats the whole point.

(I’m saying this as a size 14 and 6 months pregnant. I’m going for sweaty, waddling, can’t tie my shoes type summer.)
She does come off very judgy about weight loss in general. It's perfectly okay to want to loose weight, as long as you are doing it healthily and safely, and are not feeling pressured. Sometimes these body positivity movements (specifically the one Carrie posts about) are so anti-weightloss they can end up doing the same amount of harm as the very industry they are fighting against by shaming people.

Completely agree.
Congrats on your pregnancy Kitt!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I don't know, I didn't take that as anti weight loss. There's definitely been a lot of talk online about how we're emerging from lockdown so we need to go lose all our lockdown weight and I get that it's those people's personal choice to do so, but it can make you feel bad about yourself when it's all you're seeing. Sometimes it's nice to have a reminder that you're fine as you are and you don't need to feel tit just because you've gained some weight after being stuck indoors for a year!

Reactions: 8
I don't know, I didn't take that as anti weight loss. There's definitely been a lot of talk online about how we're emerging from lockdown so we need to go lose all our lockdown weight and I get that it's those people's personal choice to do so, but it can make you feel bad about yourself when it's all you're seeing. Sometimes it's nice to have a reminder that you're fine as you are and you don't need to feel tit just because you've gained some weight after being stuck indoors for a year!
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Carrie is anti slim women. I think it's great that she talks about body positivity and body neutrality.

Reactions: 3
I’m glad someone else picked up on the story about summer bodies.

I had an unfortunate childhood where I was very skinny and my school were utterly convinced I was intentionally trying to be thin. It reached a point where I had to eat my lunch in front of a school nurse each lunchtime and be chaperoned to the loo because they thought I was making myself sick. Its lead to problems later in life around anxiety eating in public.
I don’t say this for sympathy but to explain how hurtful and triggering it can be to read “Fed girl summer” because there are some people who are desperately trying to put on weight and just can’t. They’re “fed” but they have a lot of shame around the fact they can’t put on weight and what that might imply about their perfectly loving family.
I’d have killed to have had a little bit of extra weight as a kid to make me invisible to the eyes of people making a drama out of it. I feel that post, or more specifically that sentence perpetuates the idea that people choose to be skinny, and if they’re very thin, then there must be something wrong either mentally, or how they are being raised.

In summary; yes. I think this post skinny shames.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Carrie is anti slim women. I think it's great that she talks about body positivity and body neutrality.
I feel that, does anyone remember that blog post? she did I think it’s called ‘Promoting Obesity’ I remember reading it and she said something along the lines of ‘my gp said I should take up weightwatchers and I’m overweight according to my bmi’ and that she wasn’t going to listen to him cus she goes to the gym and that the gp was fatshaming her something along those lines and honestly that really upset me I know the bmi scale isn’t accurate on someone’s health but regardless of whether or not I like what my gp is going to say about my health I’m going to listen because they’re a trained professional they’re not some trolls on Instagram that don’t care and are fatshaming, it just aggravated me that she thinks she knows better than her gp.

Reactions: 5
I feel that, does anyone remember that blog post? she did I think it’s called ‘Promoting Obesity’ I remember reading it and she said something along the lines of ‘my gp said I should take up weightwatchers and I’m overweight according to my bmi’ and that she wasn’t going to listen to him cus she goes to the gym and that the gp was fatshaming her something along those lines and honestly that really upset me I know the bmi scale isn’t accurate on someone’s health but regardless of whether or not I like what my gp is going to say about my health I’m going to listen because they’re a trained professional they’re not some trolls on Instagram that don’t care and are fatshaming, it just aggravated me that she thinks she knows better than her gp.
I don't agree with you. BMI isn't an accurate way to measure weight for individuals, and GPs are sometimes biased/misinformed. Even though, of course, in general, I always listen to my doctor and people should, when it comes to BMI, telling patients like Carrie to lose weight is ridiculous - she is not obese or unhealthily overweight _at all_, she was completely right to disregard what he said in this case.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.