Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elinie

Chatty Member
I also can't quite wrap my head around the sheer delusional arrogance it takes to start an account like that. Seriously, what makes two people go "you know what the world needs? An instagram account solely dedicated to bragging about our relationship. The people need that ~positivity~". Like your (SIX MONTH) relationship is somehow this really special example that needs to be showcased. Was Joel serious when he said, in the live, that most couples don't communicate together about their day? Does he actually think him and Carrie need to provide the masses with relationship education because they're so much better than everyone else at relationships? It's just sooo soo so so patronizing and haughty. Even for Carrie.

I've never seen any influencers do this before. Even the ones that heavily rely on their relationship/fans shipping them don't dedicate whole accounts to their relationship...?

I shudder with cringe at the thought of doing something like that with my boyfriend of 4 years, and having all of my friends and family see me brag about my relationship like that. Imagine Carrie's friends who have been with their partners longer watching Carrie suddenly present herself as the posterchild for lovestories. What a way to turn yourself into a laughingstock. And what do you even post about?

Ugh and then there's the calling themselves "The Montagues" when they're not even married.

Such a shitshow. It blows my mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59

Sping

Can I just say I still find their angry & sensitivity over the way their engagement came out to be cringe and sad, and shows that to them the act of having a proposal with a ring etc was more important than actually being engaged to one another.

They have openly admitted that everyone they loved was at that party thing afterwards, so everyone they know & are close to knew they were engaged. Carrie was on holiday with her best friend.

So what if a bunch of strangers catch whiff of an engagement? Why would you care? If you’re over the moon to be engaged why would you care if strangers know and why wouldn’t you just announce immediately? If you’re not even going to be together in the aftermath it’s not as if you can sit and say “oh we wanted to be just us in an engaged bubble”. None of it makes sense.
My theory is they wanted to announce it with a video - you know, milk all the Adsense they can £££ - but it takes time to edit and release (which was impossible at the time as Carrie was on holiday). So they're annoyed they couldn't fully monetise their announcement. That's all this is about.

• Haha
  • Heart

ShinyEspeon

Chatty Member
You just KNOW when she says about the wedding not being traditional she’s going to have white dr martens on because she’s soooo quirky and not like other girls 🤪🤪🤪🤪 oh and Scott will be in the place of her maid of honour for extra quirk points/see how totally cool I am having a man there and not a woman. Totally not because she doesn’t have any close female friends!

• Haha
Where can I find the posts about the balloons on here? I completely missed that bit 😅
#Balloongate happens on Page 33 of Thread #35! Eight entire threads ago, wow.

Good God, I have just now realised #balloongate happened literally one day after the proposal. They kept it a secret for all of one day. How on earth do they have the audacity to be pissy about “not being able to announce it the way they wanted” when they couldn’t even keep it to themselves FOR ALL OF ONE DAY?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

Stegosauria

I enjoy that All Things Montague is being abbreviated to ATM... because that's exactly what it is to them - a cash dispenser.

• Haha

kendallandkylie

Honestly it's giving the same energy as when Christian couples get married after three months and start blogs about how to have a healthy marriage! If I am going to aspire to any relationship standard, I would look to people with 30 years under their belt, not 30 days. Thanks though, Monta-ews.

• Haha

Netsaboots

Yeah she's definitely sent these to herself. They pretty much address everything we've been saying on here. Hi Carrie 👋👋

• Haha
Reactions: 57

Must42

I don’t know if I should post a screenshot of it here, but I was looking at Debbie’s followers to see if the joint account was on there and there’s a whole Instagram account dedicated to all of the red flags that Joel is displaying!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Imagine being so insecure about your relationship that you have to make a whole instagram account just to be like ... 'look we've known each other for 8 years!!!'

• Haha

PaisleyCollie

You think? 😅 I find that Tom and Giovanni look like they are screaming inside, dangling with his leg in a "see how thrilled I am"- way in the air... and Carrie appears terrified also 🙃
While we're on the subject I'd like to offer up a screenshot I managed to grab of Tom's face during the engagement party where mans betrayed himself momentarily 🤣 I recognise this face from myself in like 90% of social situations and it does not mean 'Boy oh boy I sure am happy to be here'
Screenshot_20221107-020419_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow

cucumber88

Also, doesn’t she realize that the narrative that they knew each other for 8 years and thought each other was attractive even when with other partners sounds bad?? Like you’re going to tell me you were secretly into each other when dating other people and now you FINALLY have the chance to be with each other? Give me a break. If Carrie was still with the walking jawline Ollie she would never even glance at no neck Shrek

• Haha
Reactions: 56

m56

Him being delusional and thinking that he's the mighty mighty masculine (and adored) manly protector
AHAHAHAHA has anyone seen the scene when he becomes so co-dependent that it ruins their friendship - maybe he's onto something

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 7.14.45 pm.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56

Toothy

Here’s a thought for you Carrie, if you want to keep the story of the proposal “just yours” then how about you just never tell us? Keep it completely private and prove there’s at least one part of your life and relationship we don’t see. Bet you can’t.
"I don't like a lot of eyes on me"
Also Carrie ⬇
Screenshot_20221113-235703.png

• Haha
Reactions: 55

Pistachiyo

VIP Member
I'd pay good money to see her initial reaction to Joel's tattoo. Has she even said anything to acknowledge it? Has he mentionned it again since that live?

I feel like we didn't talk about it enough...

• Haha

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
Honestly is there any particular reason WHY Joel has to be sooo present in Carrie and Scott’s friendship? Like are they allowed to enjoy any moments without him butting in?

Does Joel have any of his own friends anymore? He seemed like such a sociable person before getting with Carrie. Also I don’t see Carrie manically involving herself with Joel’s friends or relatives the way he does with hers? I dunno how she doesn’t feel suffocated by all this.

rosieposie87

Chatty Member
The general tone of their joint account already feels so … discordant?? Which makes sense I guess for such an insincere couple who’ve been together for 5 minutes and don’t know much about one another beyond surface level info like condiment preferences.

Like it’s funny for Carrie to reply ‘oh gosh NO’ at the mere idea of a Disney themed wedding when @allthingsmontague follows every Disney brand account under the sun including ‘Disney Baby’. And to scoff at the idea of documenting the wedding planning process on an account called all things Montague?? Like wtf is this even for then lmao? Carrie can jump in all she wants with her weird third person narratives but the whole thing stinks of Joel tbh.

Reactions: 54