Carrie Hope Fletcher #43 Relationship moving faster than this thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie has such a wrapped view about boundaries

She won't say how the engagement happened or share wedding planning details yet has created this narcissistic, self-indulgent Instagram page all about their relationship?

They are trying to do damage control but in my opinion this makes them even more of a laughing stock

Reactions: 39
I'm sure we've all thought this, but why propose the day before she goes to war to disneyworld if not because it needed to be done before she turned 30?!

I think he planned to muscle his way on to the family holiday and was going to do it at Disney (hence the 'i asked, she answered' t-shirts)

Does she have any work lined up for after panto, or is it just her tour? Is it harder to get work after being out of the game for a while?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
What I don't get is ... If they blatantly read here, WHY DON'T THEY TAKE SOME OF THE LEGITIMATE COMMENTS ABOUT THEIR BEHAVIOUR ON BOARD?!

If I had a thread about me I would at least try to understand some of the criticisms and would likely agree that some of my behaviour has been cringe or wrong. I wouldn't double down so much.

Carrie can never do wrong, she always is defensive and so she will double down and marry Goyle, no matter how many red flags are waved. She just can't bear to be wrong. Well good luck to them I suppose, she'll need it. Her career is going downhill, and she has to contend with a narcissist manbaby who will drain her soul and name and resources.

She's stuck, but too stubborn to admit it.

They deserve each other, insufferable twits.

Reactions: 30
I think it depends on the jeweller- I was recommended one recently in London and was told at the meeting that getting a bespoke ring made would take 4-6 weeks after agreeing the design. So I guess it depends how long it takes to agree a design/source the stones.

Emerald is an interesting choice though for an engagement ring which is to be worn nearly everyday for the rest of your life- it’s a lot softer than diamond so liable to being scratched and damaged. I’d personally be terrified of wearing it and accidentally damaging it.
I had a ring made and it took six months from design to it being made. He would have had to have started planning her ‘bespoke’ ring the day of their FIRST date 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I think he planned to muscle his way on to the family holiday and was going to do it at Disney (hence the 'i asked, she answered' t-shirts)
I’d forgotten all about those t-shirts! They were deranged. Did he honestly think that he’d get a freebie holiday with them, propose and then he and Carrie would swan around Disney wearing them? There’s no way he bought them just so they could wear them at home for 1 photo.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Thank goodness he didn't go with them, if he did, poor Scott would have been third wheel and out in the cold on his holiday of a lifetime.

Reactions: 24
She must be. I always think, well maybe it really is just people from Tattle asking the questions, that's why it's all stuff we've mentioned... BUT, the Venelope thing - surely someone wouldn't see Joel's response being Wreck it Ralph, then go back to the start of her stories to ask that new question. You'd just reply to the story with Ralph on. So has to be her right?
Not necessarily, I’ll watch q&a’s through to see if they’ve already answered my questions then go back, their answers might prompt new questions plus sending a message during a Q&A with someone I don’t know I’d presume the message would go deep into “other” and not be seen

Reactions: 5
Not traditional screams Carrie is going to wear Converse with her dress and be like that girl who makes their entire prom about them wearing converse

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Again, I'm just baffled that this hasn't given Carrie pause to question her relationship. If you received so much "negativity" you felt the need to create an entire Instagram account dedicated to justifying your relationship and engagement... Would you not at least wonder why so many people found your relationship hard to understand? Would you not question the fact that so many people interpreted it as embarrassing at best, and toxic at worst?

I worry she will see their relationship as "us against the world," and all the drama they have engineered will bond them more closely- the narrative is all Disney-fied in her head and I think she is too stubborn to listen to the gut feeling I guarantee she has that is screaming RUN!!!

I don't believe for a second that they won't share every detail of their wedding planning, the proposal details and everything else from here on. This is typical Carrie speak, saying one sensible thing before doing the opposite. It's like when she was told about setting boundaries, and never understood that those could apply to herself too. Carrie interprets boundaries on social media as snapping at followers when she feels called out. The thought that she could genuinely just not share a privat detail hasn't crossed her mind. Her (or Joel) saying they won't share everything, means zero.

The general tone of their joint account already feels so … discordant?? Which makes sense I guess for such an insincere couple who’ve been together for 5 minutes and don’t know much about one another beyond surface level info like condiment preferences.

Like it’s funny for Carrie to reply ‘oh gosh NO’ at the mere idea of a Disney themed wedding when @allthingsmontague follows every Disney brand account under the sun including ‘Disney Baby’. And to scoff at the idea of documenting the wedding planning process on an account called all things Montague?? Like wtf is this even for then lmao? Carrie can jump in all she wants with her weird third person narratives but the whole thing stinks of Joel tbh.

Reactions: 54
Carrie seemed horrified at the idea of a full-on Disney themed wedding so why in the duck are they following so many Disney accounts including Disney Weddings??? You can’t seriously both just be that obsessed with Disney
Unless it's a poor attempt at hiding their Disney wedding plans

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Sounds like a deal has been done on the wedding,
That's why Carrie says they won't be posting anything about the wedding beforehand only after. When you do a deal you're not allowed to talk about anything to do with it. She's putting spin on it about all the negativity, but if she's entered into a contract she won't be allowed to talk about it.
not sure if youve seen the suggestion but jamie muscato for moulin rouge sounds like a pretty good option.

Yknow what’s funny though? Carrie’s insistence that only “people she knew” were at her proposal, and then later only friends and family at the engagement dinner or whatever.

View attachment 1729057

So either friends and family leaked the news or, idk, THE BALLOON GAVE IT AWAY?

Not sure why they’re so pissed off at TDM when they’re the ones who gave the news away anyway 🙄🙄🙄
Why do they talk about themselves in the third person?? They wanted to control the situation....who the **** do they think they are?🤣🤣🤣 They just both reek of entitlement.
No wonder the gossip mill amongst the WestEnd is going into overdrive at the moment........

Reactions: 30
Hang on so it was only a few close friends at the engagement, plus all the lighting/sound/automation techs... Carrie certainly has a reputation for flat out ignoring techs, and I somehow doubt Joel has managed to become best friends with them given how self obsessed he is, so in their "private" moment they had a bunch of people they didn't know (who I'm hoping they paid!!!) witness it, and then were shocked that it got leaked... Balloon shenanigans aside stop bringing strangers into your weird rash proposals.
My boyfriend and I started dating right at the start of covid. We moved really fast through some things, like moving in together because of it, and we talked about getting married pretty early. We're still not engaged because we're grown adults who knows that life changes. Since that discussion we've navigated major job changes, moving house, returning to education, career changes. I'm still sure I'm going to marry him, but I'm so glad that as we've grown as people we're lucky enough that we've grown in similar ways. We could've grown in totally different ways so thank god there wasn't a ring involved! I can't believe honestly thinking that you're not going to change at all from your 6 months of dating. Career changes etc are all on the horizon for them!

Reactions: 27
Have any of you watched "What We Do In The Shadows"? It's a comedy about a bunch of vampires and one of the main characters is an emotional vampire who feeds of people's emotions by draining them off their emotional energy. That's Joel xd.
Let’s not do Colin Robinson dirty like this. At least he’s funny.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Not necessarily, I’ll watch q&a’s through to see if they’ve already answered my questions then go back, their answers might prompt new questions plus sending a message during a Q&A with someone I don’t know I’d presume the message would go deep into “other” and not be seen
Fair enough 😊

Reactions: 1
More tit to clutter the house up with. View attachment 1727921
Wasn't Oliver's nickname PUMPKIN?!?!?!?! 😂😂😂😂 Awkward much?!?...to have many many pumpkins around your house with random dates on which have nothing to do with pumpkins season or Autumn...Like a first date which happened in May or the birth of their hypothetical kids for exemple?! It is just plain weird 😂😂😂 You are right Carrie 👀👋 You are definitely not like other girls 😂🤦😂

Also is this printing random dates on pumpkins business one of Joel many new businesses for once is career with MT is over? Because you know is wifey to be loves the Spooky season and all that?!...😂🤷😂

Reactions: 32
As stated earlier I am really fortunate to see a lot of theatre. I actually very recently saw Oliver in Frozen and I must say he was an exceptional performer.

I am intrigued to see where Carrie and Joel’s careers go after this. Her short jobs are probably because she has a tour next year and most West End contracts are a year so hence the play and now Panto. Most kings don’t last more than a year at Hamilton because there are so many fantastic actors out there who can play the role.

Her agent and PR will be all over this thread, how they ‘sell’ this couple moving forward will be very interesting. I do believe Joel is a talented performer his West End credits speak for themselves but the way he has handled himself since the proposal will not go unnoticed. Carrie is not that talented, she sells tickets because she has followers - if she is not a strong dancer roles she can play in the West End will be limited.

They need to be very careful- the industry is currently watching and laughing at them. Also where were both sets of parents at the engagement party?
Yes, and I've been told it's just not their peers it's the creatives as well that are finding this whole thing very weird. Of course no-one will say anything to them. But everyone is laughing. They really are doing a lot of damage to themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.