Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

No_Its_Ever

Chatty Member
Ohmygod SO many comments on the Q&A, here we go!!
• Carrie seemed horrified at the idea of a full-on Disney themed wedding so why in the fuck are they following so many Disney accounts including Disney Weddings??? You can’t seriously both just be that obsessed with Disney
• Her blatant lying about not caring about ‘finding the one’ before you’re 30 then WHY did Joel propose the DAY BEFORE Carrie’s 30th!? Even waiting a month would have disproved this (and still been insane). But the fact that he chose to do it when he did just goes to show how obsessively she must have talked about having those expectations even if she’s insisting it doesn’t matter to her. If it doesn’t matter then why not wait for at least a year of dating you weirdos
• It’s bizarre that she’s now emphasising that they weren’t super close before this year—probably in response to Tattle pointing out how she’s rewriting their history, but this is just making this entire thing look unhinged to the world
• Multiple pumpkins??? If they had one with the engagement date on then why on earth does their first date one have ‘The Montagues’ on it?? They weren’t the Montagues?? Also the fact that this is going to be a thing and they’re going to supposedly have a whole collection with significant dates is such an odd choice given that ‘pumpkin’ was her and Oliver’s whole thing
• ‘we were mates but it’s not like we texted everyday’ yeah because there’s no way they had each other’s numbers otherwise how would Carrie have ‘slid into Joel’s DMs’—they weren’t mates, they literally just knew the other existed
• What on earth is the significance of having the band be curved?? Why did Joel even care to make the band ‘unique’ I have never heard of this
• Carrie choosing Wall-e and Eve… An obsessive trash robot who’s basically ‘Weekend at Bernie’s’-ing an unconscious robot and forcing her into romantic situations she is completely unaware of
• Joel choosing Ralph and Vanellope… A non-romantic couple!? A man and a CHILD!? What on earth is he trying to say here, WHAT
• Carrie misspelling Joel’s name
• A random picture of Carrie solo on their first date 😂
• They’re going for non-traditional wedding things apparently, God knows what on earth that could possibly mean. Halloween themed?? Non-white dress?? I bet it won’t be non-traditional in the slightest, Carrie just likes to assert that she’s not like other girls
• Carrie doesn’t like a lot of eyes on her, sorry what, are you not an actress in the west end who is embarking on a solo concert tour all about literally just yourself next year!?

And so many other things 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 66

salatblader

VIP Member
Watching Joel’s live w the German actor playing the king. It annoyed me that Joel mentioned the guy’s English is good. Wake up, Brits - people of European countries speak English well because we have to, it’s the Lingua Franca. And usually we have been taught English since we were kids

• Heart

emerald

VIP Member
Here's another comparison of how quick their engagement was. I'm a uni student. My first year classes ended in the second week of May. My second year classes started in the first week of October. Their courtship was only slightly longer than my summer holiday.

• Haha
  • Wow

TheChicagoPiano

sorry but the daily mail 100% got the story from tattle. i’ve pointed out before they used exactly the same picture, cropped in exactly the same way, that was posted on here about the engagement. there’s no way that would’ve happened without them getting the story from here

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

Sanctified

VIP Member
Everytime they talk about how 'their engagement announcement was stolen from them' by the meanies at DM, I get annoyed. So, I've gone back and built a little timeline of the obvious posts that they leaked themselves, way before the DM got hold of it.

I only skimmed through looking for pics so I may have missed some. But you get the idea. They leaked it themselves. Not the DM.

Oct 22 - Engagement balloon is spotted on Joel's story while Carrie is opening some underwhelming Hocus Pocus dolls

Someone commented 'congrats on your engagement'. It wasn't deleted.

Carrie then posts this, saying she is overwhelmed and obviously alluding to a big ol' secret

Oct 23 - Carrie shares this video of her at the airport. Ring in full view

Another insta post where you can see at least the band of the ring

Oct 24 - Carrie posts 'this has been the best weekend of my life'. I know she was at WDW with Scott, but she got engaged on the Saturday sooo

Another shot of the ring

Oct 25 -More shots of the ring on *that* finger

Announcement

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

AbnormalFrog

Chatty Member
Here we go 🥲🥲🥲
I don't like her at all, but I HATE this for her. All things Montague...they aren't even married (yet), she's still a Fletcher...she's earned (I might be being generous there) her accolades as Fletcher.
God. WHO actually makes an Instagram account for thier relationship 🤮🤮🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61

HeyUhey

Carrie, listen to yourself from 10 years ago.

“Personally I’m someone who falls in love very quickly, because I’m very emotional and very passionate and as soon as I find someone I really like and have a lot in common with and want to share experiences with, I suddenly get attached to that person and part of that just becomes falling in love with them. However when I look back at the times I’ve said “I love you” to someone, the phrase “I love you” in hindsight I have said it without meaning it. I’ve said it because I love them in that moment but as soon as that moments faded I suddenly realize what I’ve said has been quite extreme and quite intense and that I didn’t actually mean it long term, I just meant it in that moment…that’s quiet a big thing to admit…especially to the people I’ve said it to, I’m sure people have said it to me and felt exactly the same way so it works both ways I guess”

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Nah I’ll pass.
She was a spoiled entitled brat in Cinderella.
Anyone else?
not sure if youve seen the suggestion but jamie muscato for moulin rouge sounds like a pretty good option.

Sorry but the Daily Mail explanation is really unsatisfactory. But HOW did the Daily Mail know? Yes they were obvious with the balloon, but I don't think the Daily Mail would go and post a whole article because of a balloon
Yknow what’s funny though? Carrie’s insistence that only “people she knew” were at her proposal, and then later only friends and family at the engagement dinner or whatever.

6CF23328-B249-4025-91EE-6E62BE5926F9.png

So either friends and family leaked the news or, idk, THE BALLOON GAVE IT AWAY?

Not sure why they’re so pissed off at TDM when they’re the ones who gave the news away anyway 🙄🙄🙄

Last edited:
  • Haha

YTZeleb23

Chatty Member
"We've received a lot of negativity."

I mean, yeah, true. But you've also received a lot of concern, a lot of bewilderment, and a lot of honest criticism too. But nah, obviously it's all meanie haters being mean and hatery :rolleyes:

• Haha

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
I saw that, and as someone here mentioned: It seemed to imply he was posting a meme that would be entertaining for his friends in the LGBT community, who he had tagged in the post. It wasn't him saying he was gay. And even if he were gay, assuming and/or basing an assumption of someone being gay on stereotypes like "they're camp" is not it.
Exactly, there are way more things to take issue with about Joel than what you believe his sexuality to be based on stereotypes that don’t need to be reinforced. People said the same thing all day long about Oliver and once he got with his new gf it died down. Even if Joel were bisexual there’s…nothing wrong with that? He’s still with Carrie and bisexual? Having hehe inside jokes about how he’s gay and how stupid is Carrie for dating a gay man because the closet is glass isn’t funny tbh, it’s just weird internalised homophobia.

• Heart
Reactions: 59