Carrie Hope Fletcher #43 Relationship moving faster than this thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i really don’t get the ring thing… if you’re marrying someone you should know them well enough not to have to ask their friend for help, my boyfriend took a course in secret and handmade me my ring, but i guess we’ve known eachother a lot longer than 5 months… so i guess we’re not as perfect as carrie and joel

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
My boyfriend and I started dating right at the start of covid. We moved really fast through some things, like moving in together because of it, and we talked about getting married pretty early. We're still not engaged because we're grown adults who knows that life changes. Since that discussion we've navigated major job changes, moving house, returning to education, career changes. I'm still sure I'm going to marry him, but I'm so glad that as we've grown as people we're lucky enough that we've grown in similar ways. We could've grown in totally different ways so thank god there wasn't a ring involved! I can't believe honestly thinking that you're not going to change at all from your 6 months of dating. Career changes etc are all on the horizon for them!
My husband and I were together for 10 years before we got married, he proposed after 8 and a half years not because we didn’t know we wanted to get married right from the start but we wanted to navigate through life together first and make sure it happened at the right time. We had full career changes, new houses, lots of health problems, bereavements and all sorts before we got married - now we’ve been married for 7 and a half years and the whirlwind of ups and downs has continued but we know we’re absolutely solid enough to cope. Carrie and Joel have navigated nothing together bar her going to war on holiday but yet they’re rushing ahead - try walking before you can run!

Reactions: 33
I honestly feel so sorry for Carrie now and see so much of one of my previous relationships in her.

I was in a relationship when I was younger that I thought wonderful, but he cheated on me and moved on immediately with this girl. I was completely thrown as we lived together and I'd saw marriage and babies in our future, but he immediately moved in with her and proposed quite quickly.

My retaliation was to jump into a relationship with the first guy who showed me a sniff of interest. He had a child from a previous relationship and insisted he didn't want anymore, I had always wanted kids but I agreed with him and decided that children weren't for me. He alienated me from all of my friends and tried with my family, the only reason he didn't is because I'm very close to my family and wouldn't let it happen. I actually used to lie to him and say I was going swimming every Thursday, then go visit my mum. I'd wash my hair before I left hers so he wouldn't doubt my story. I actually can't believe looking back that my mum didn't say anything, but I think she knew I wouldn't have listened and wanted to keep me close.

I overlooked so many red flags because I just wanted to be in a relationship and thought this was all I could get. It was hard to get out but I did and I am so thankful. I am now in a wonderful marriage and we're hopeful we'll have kids next year.

I really hope that she comes to her senses before the marriage goes ahead and it's harder to get away, but I feel she's being too stubborn now because people have tried to tell her. She's insisting that this is what she wants, because she thinks it is and she needs to see for herself what's actually happening.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
😂😂😂I'm dying😂😂😂 I looked again at that selfie of them on their first date and thought, hmmm, Joel looks nice and he's wearing a collared shirt! (I.e. not a hoodie) and now from her Q&A she's said it was a freebie press night so of course he'd get dressed up 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I had a ring made and it took six months from design to it being made. He would have had to have started planning her ‘bespoke’ ring the day of their FIRST date 😂😂
Even if he found a place that could do it in 4 weeks, he'd still have started the process at 3/4 months in. Which is still bad 😂

They say they won't share anything about wedding planning, but we can trust Jowl to leak it in his stories right? Have a folder or samples strategically angled. He can't keep things quiet

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Not traditional screams Carrie is going to wear Converse with her dress and be like that girl who makes their entire prom about them wearing converse
I wore converse with my dress. Best decision I made 🤣🤣 sorry Carrie you might have to push the boat out even more to br quirky.

Reactions: 19
I wore converse with my dress. Best decision I made 🤣🤣 sorry Carrie you might have to push the boat out even more to br quirky.
I love that, do what makes you comfortable and happy! That’s what matters! Carrie just tries to hard to be qUiRkY and not like other girls, like just do you and move on.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else think it's weird that he proposed on the Hamilton stage? Like I understand that they're 'passionate' about theatre but it's still their place of work. I just find it really odd that he basically proposed to her at HIS work place. It would make more sense to propose somewhere that has something to do with them both or a theatre she loves? I personally love Hamilton but I've never heard Carrie speak much about it or mention that she's even seen it? I guess it would be slightly different if it was private and the theatre was all romantic, kind of like Ross' planned proposal in Friends. But it sounds very I dunno, not intimate at all. Very performative almost. Which is a weird proposal for someone who claims they don't like eyes on them. 🙄

Also I like how's she's claiming to keep the proposal private when she's basically told us who was there, what was involved roughly and where it was. I just think it would have been more romantic to propose in bed on her birthday or something than take her to where you work which seems to have no connection to her other than YOU work there. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: 33
I’m sorry but now that y’all reminded of that damn pumpkin + printed shirts, I have this hilarious mental image of Joel with a cricut dutifully cutting up vinyl and sticking them on pumpkins and tshirts for his (NOT)wifeywife. HAHAHA i’m sure he must have gotten his friend to do it but oh my god it is still a hilarious thing to imagine— think about it. Joel huffing and puffing and SIGHING DRAMATICALLY because UGHHH these letters are crooked nooowwww, nhhhooooo, helpppp meeeee carrrriiiiieeeee ☹☹☹☹☹ OH WELLLL HEY HOOOO

• Haha
Reactions: 26
What I don't get is ... If they blatantly read here, WHY DON'T THEY TAKE SOME OF THE LEGITIMATE COMMENTS ABOUT THEIR BEHAVIOUR ON BOARD?!
THIS!!! Seriously, you guys will get less criticism/'hate' if you don't post about your relationship for a few months. Just keep your profiles professional for a bit, no personal life talk, and then start posting about each other once in a while like a normal or average couple would. They urgently need PR help!!!!

Reactions: 16
How can she whinge their engagement was announced in a way they didn't want? Carrie literally had Scott film her on an airport moving floor whilst she rowed her engagement ring clad left hand back and forth at the camera whilst she giggled manically 🙄🙈 so much attention seeking

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Can I just say I still find their angry & sensitivity over the way their engagement came out to be cringe and sad, and shows that to them the act of having a proposal with a ring etc was more important than actually being engaged to one another.

They have openly admitted that everyone they loved was at that party thing afterwards, so everyone they know & are close to knew they were engaged. Carrie was on holiday with her best friend.

So what if a bunch of strangers catch whiff of an engagement? Why would you care? If you’re over the moon to be engaged why would you care if strangers know and why wouldn’t you just announce immediately? If you’re not even going to be together in the aftermath it’s not as if you can sit and say “oh we wanted to be just us in an engaged bubble”. None of it makes sense.

Reactions: 39
I don’t blame you, I wore converse with drawings on them to prom 🤣. Carrie isn’t the quirky queen she thinks she is 🤣

Reactions: 4
Can I just say I still find their angry & sensitivity over the way their engagement came out to be cringe and sad, and shows that to them the act of having a proposal with a ring etc was more important than actually being engaged to one another.

They have openly admitted that everyone they loved was at that party thing afterwards, so everyone they know & are close to knew they were engaged. Carrie was on holiday with her best friend.

So what if a bunch of strangers catch whiff of an engagement? Why would you care? If you’re over the moon to be engaged why would you care if strangers know and why wouldn’t you just announce immediately? If you’re not even going to be together in the aftermath it’s not as if you can sit and say “oh we wanted to be just us in an engaged bubble”. None of it makes sense.
My theory is they wanted to announce it with a video - you know, milk all the Adsense they can £££ - but it takes time to edit and release (which was impossible at the time as Carrie was on holiday). So they're annoyed they couldn't fully monetise their announcement. That's all this is about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
My theory is they wanted to announce it with a video - you know, milk all the Adsense they can £££ - but it takes time to edit and release (which was impossible at the time as Carrie was on holiday). So they're annoyed they couldn't fully monetise their announcement. That's all this is about.
But the thing is though, they still could have! Just ignore the article, enjoy your holiday, let the suspense build, announce when you get home.

Reactions: 19
But the thing is though, they still could have! Just ignore the article, enjoy your holiday, let the suspense build, announce when you get home.
Yeah but the excitement has massively died down now. Only super-fans really give a tit

Reactions: 12
sorry but the daily mail 100% got the story from tattle. i’ve pointed out before they used exactly the same picture, cropped in exactly the same way, that was posted on here about the engagement. there’s no way that would’ve happened without them getting the story from here
We know Carrie and Joel read here so could Joel used pictures from Tattle to cover his own leak to the DM?!?!...

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.