Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I have been pretty quiet, I sadly lost a parent this week completely out of the blue. I feel like every single book I pick up, even the smut mentions death in some way.

Ive been watching all the stupidest crap on tv that I know for sure will not mention death. Inside M&S at Christmas. Inside Costco at Christmas. Inside McVities at Christmas. Cooking shows.

Does anyone have any book recs for me? Feel like I will never read The Winners at this point 😬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52

Elle

VIP Member
Book pals, meet Winnie!

Screenshot_20231129_123300_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231129_123119_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231129_123441_Gallery.jpg

On topic: might start Fourth Wing next. I keep putting it off. Not sure why I'm so intimidated by it. Perhaps because it's not my typical genre (any bad, sad, mad girls in Fourth Wing?!).

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Said it so many times but this thread is just wonderful 🥺

You're all such lovely people, you have no idea how touched I am by all your comments ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 28

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
Yet again I have spent another year in hospital. I can read a 350ish page book in a day. I just finished a book that was 323 pages long in a day, I read 120 pages this morning, 100 over lunch, 50 ish late afternoon and then the rest just now. The Kindle usually says it will take 6hrs or so to read a regularly sized novel. There's nothing to do so you (I) just stay in bed, oh poor thing. (Anyone who gets that song lyric without a prize gets a medal!) I honestly don't have much else but to read, read, read

I am on 297 books I'd like to round it up to 300 but not sure I have any decent quick reads to fit in..

• Heart
Reactions: 25

nbt

VIP Member
Is anyone else putting off starting certain books because they want it to count towards their 2024/January reads instead of now which is basically not proper days or time? 😂

I have a kindle book called Happy New Year which will be my book of choice, then I’ve managed to get Demon Copperhead on audio which will be my listen, because it’s 21 hours long so definitely will get me into next year!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Elle

VIP Member
Has anyone else's brain just sort of given up?

Work, reading, anything really feels too taxing right now!

It's the end of the year and my brain has decided to power down.
th (14).jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I've just finished book no. 105 of 2023. 🎉 going to stay with some friends for the next few nights so unlikely to squeeze anymore in.

Thanks to everyone on this thread, the books i've read throughout the year have mainly been recommendations from here.

I love the little reading community we have here ❤ Happy new year to you all, and hopefully we'll have many more threads in 2024! 🎉🥂

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
I’m on 151, I actually had no idea 😅 Audiobooks have played a huge part in this.

My reading has increased dramatically over the last few years:

2018: 13
2019: 50
2020: 40
2021: 66
2022: 135

I’m actually not too fussed about the numbers. I do like to have a book on the go constantly but I don’t attempt to better my previous targets or anything.

• Heart
  • Wow

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I think it just depends on what people read and what their lifestyle looks like. A book a day could be anything from 3 to 8 hours per day of reading.

If you have a long commute for example it could be 2 hours per day reading or listening to an audio book, if you have a lunch break and read then another 30 mins and then say you read for 3 hours of an evening. Then count in weekends, time spent on annual leave etc its probably doable. Audio books whenever you do chores or drive.

My kids probably take up a huge chunk of time where those without kids or grown up kids could spend reading.

I also have a lot of wasted time where I could be reading. Usually arguing with grown up men about football on the internet or scrolling socials.
I could read so much more if I didn't come on Tattle. But I don't see any of you or any of my threads as a waste of time, my fellow Tattlers are too much fun. But the amount I could read in the time I spend on here, it's a lot. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Im in my festive romance era and mixing all 3 books up Im currently reading. Am I confused? Am I festive stressed? Am I tipsy? Who knows.

• Haha

PiesAndLattes

VIP Member
Bit late to the party but I read 3 books in November. My grandfather unfortunately passed away so was very absent from reading (understandably!). I also went to read the Lisa Jewell book (as an audio book) on the drive to his funeral and started and finished the wrong one 🤪. I’ll hopefully get to the right one in December.

Absolutely loved Green Dot though!

IMG_3484.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad

strawb

VIP Member
i know many on here don't like freida mcfadden but this year i got through all of her books it just really worked for me! i sent her a congratulations on instagram and she said thanks 😂 i feel starstruck 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Hi, my name is WeepingCassandra and I am addicted to buying books and never reading them. I often forget that I own books and have bought a couple several times (Hamnet for some reason seems to be a particular problem for me - I have bought it in two charity shops, returned one copy and then rebought it yet still have it on my TBR). I complain that I'm too tired/busy to read but realistically I just don't prioritise it any more and that makes me very sad. Growing up I was a ferocious reader, as a teen I'd easily read three to five books a week of varying calibre, from trashy teen fiction to serious classics. I've read four books this whole year :(

• Heart
Reactions: 21