Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How near to your targets are you guys? I'm so near but yet so far, 94/100 books down but will only fit in 2 more max by the end of the year! It's a bit annoying!
I’m on 111/90 so I’m over but could you pick some short stories to get you over? Amazon have some fairly decent books in their Amazon Originals range - some of them are well known authors but the books might only be around 70-100 pages. Or can you up it by listening to audiobooks? Again, a couple short ones would get you over 100.

Reactions: 6
I’m on 151, I actually had no idea 😅 Audiobooks have played a huge part in this.

My reading has increased dramatically over the last few years:

2018: 13
2019: 50
2020: 40
2021: 66
2022: 135

I’m actually not too fussed about the numbers. I do like to have a book on the go constantly but I don’t attempt to better my previous targets or anything.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
125/80 and currently reading book number 126. My goal is to read as many Christmas books as I can manage from my kindle over the next few weeks since some are there since 2021. Doesn't help when I keep adding to it 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m at 66/50. Currently 30% into sorrow and bliss (and enjoying it!) I think this’ll be the last book of the year for me.

Reactions: 7
I jave just gone through my actual physical books I have here in hospital and created my A-- Z of books for next year.

Who can recommened me a J, K, X and Z, please? I am trying to branch out genre wise but absolutely no fantasy.
Klara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
---
So my J and K this year were Juno Loves Legs and The Kiss Quotient.

On my TBR I have Just Another Missing Person, Kala, Just For Today, Just the Nicest Couple.
Kala's really good, such a page-turner!

Reactions: 5
So far I’m at 83 and my goal was 60! I’ve had a good year. Hoping I can get to 85 just because it feels like a nicer number to finish on 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’m on 76/75 atm. I have an hour long commute to the office three times a week so I manage to get in six hours of audiobooks in that time each week, which helps. I don’t really care about the numbers, I just wanted to see how many books I was reading with no pressure! Will probably set the same goal for next year just to see if anything changes.

Reactions: 6
So far I’m at 83 and my goal was 60! I’ve had a good year. Hoping I can get to 85 just because it feels like a nicer number to finish on 🤣
I’m on 76/52 but now want to finish on 80 for the same reason!

I’ve got 1.5 books left to complete my A-Z but have done terribly on my 23 in 2023.. 11/23 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@Caffeine Fiend so sorry to read this 💖 I’ve tried to think of book recs but its actually a lot harder to find books without any themes that will be a bit raw than I thought.

When I need something to take my mind off things I tend to go back to childhood books but a lot of them do have quite heavy themes around parents (HP, series of unfortunate events, Jacqueline Wilson, Roald Dahl) so not sure they’d be right here.

• Heart
I’m on 111/90 so I’m over but could you pick some short stories to get you over? Amazon have some fairly decent books in their Amazon Originals range - some of them are well known authors but the books might only be around 70-100 pages. Or can you up it by listening to audiobooks? Again, a couple short ones would get you over 100.
There are also some old short stories available online for free - I read a couple of Edgar Allen Poe ones and also The Yellow Wallpaper.

Reactions: 3
I've had a great year of reading! I read 32 last year and this year I've read 79/52 goal, and currently on my 80th! Good round number to finish the year on!
---
OMG OMG OMG, I pre ordered the Waterstones special edition of Ruthless Vows and just got an email to say it's been shipped and will be here tomorrow even though it's release date is the 26/12! Merry Christmas to me lol

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I've had a great year of reading! I read 32 last year and this year I've read 79/52 goal, and currently on my 80th! Good round number to finish the year on!
---
OMG OMG OMG, I pre ordered the Waterstones special edition of Ruthless Vows and just got an email to say it's been shipped and will be here tomorrow even though it's release date is the 26/12! Merry Christmas to me lol
I see the first book of this is on a 99p deal. Is it good?

Reactions: 1
I’m on 32/26, a really small figure in comparison! It’s my first year in a long time actively making time to read so I’m happy 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m on 87/75 so over for this year, but slacking compared to the 122 I read last year! I did have a baby this year though and his interest in reading is limited so far (unless we count That’s Not My Santa 😂).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm on 36/52 so my target for next year will be 52 again 🤣 or maybe I'll just aim for more pages read so I'm not put off reading longer books.

It's an improvement from last year but my New year's resolution should definitely be to spend less time on my phone 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is a good idea!
This has kind of been my goal this year. I’ve actively chosen to read longer books, especially those that have been sitting around on my Kindle for ages being overlooked because they were too long!

I’ve still managed to beat my annual target of 50 books (currently on 52 and should get a couple more finished by the end of the year) and read 21,500 pages so far. 10 of those books have been over 500 pages which is definitely way more big books than I’ve read in a year before. I’m hoping to get Polo, the next book in my Jilly Cooper Rutshire series re-read, done over Christmas so that’ll be another one that’s around 700 ish pages!

Reactions: 10
Aaah I’m so happy. I went to the furthest away book cabinet for the first time in ages, and picked this up! It’s on my 2024 reading list 🥳

IMG_9010.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This has kind of been my goal this year. I’ve actively chosen to read longer books, especially those that have been sitting around on my Kindle for ages being overlooked because they were too long!

I’ve still managed to beat my annual target of 50 books (currently on 52 and should get a couple more finished by the end of the year) and read 21,500 pages so far. 10 of those books have been over 500 pages which is definitely way more big books than I’ve read in a year before. I’m hoping to get Polo, the next book in my Jilly Cooper Rutshire series re-read, done over Christmas so that’ll be another one that’s around 700 ish pages!
Sounds great, I think I'll do that plus have a target of number of books but I'll mainly aim for reading more than this year. My 35 books translate to 13,807 pages according to goodreads.

Aaah I’m so happy. I went to the furthest away book cabinet for the first time in ages, and picked this up! It’s on my 2024 reading list 🥳

View attachment 2641212
I need to put it on my tbr list, holding off watching it until I read the book

My target for this year was only 30 and I still don't think I'll reach it. I'm in awe of you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.