Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is annoying me as I could have SWORN I’d read a couple of hers. The cover of Exit is so familiar to me. But nope. Not on my Goodreads, not on my insta book highlight I used before that, not on my kindle, the storyline doesn’t ring a bell (although nothing new there!).

Anyway, Exit and Safe are of course now on my book wish list 😏

Which reminds me, has anyone else seen the offer from Amazon where if you create a new wish list, they credit you £5 off a £20 spend? Has to be used by 3rd Dec though.
I really enjoyed the audiobook of Exit, too, thought it was a great adaptation! I've got Snap from the library in my hand luggage at the moment, I'm optimistic it will return to the UK read 🤣

This new wishlist thing sounds great shall have to be tactical about what I use it for...£5 off £20 is less good when you accidentally spend £40 🤣
---
I devoured Snap. One of my best books this year. I have Exit and Rubber Necker on my tbr.
Omg that's great to hear, I have Snap to read now (duplicate reply lol, reading the thread in reverse whoops). I preferred Exit to Rubber Necker but both were great, the Shut Eye too but that one hurrrrt. I love how emotionally complex her crime writing is. I think it's something I find in Mick Herron's writing too, on the spy genre side of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I read the entire dci kett series and these two below in November. I’ve never read so many books in a month before 😂
The entire series?! 👏🏻 that’s very impressive, he’s up to about 14 now isn’t he?
---
I love this thread soo much. My number of books for 2023 has been dismal, only 14.
I’ve decided I’m going to do the alphabet challenge in 2024 so I’m getting hyped for that. I think I need goals to aim for and doing this will really help.
Those that have done it.. did you enjoy it?
I enjoyed the A-Z challenge this year. I’ve just started Z and will start X tomorrow as they’re kindle/book format so can read both alongside each other. I’ve added all my pictures to a template and it’s looks so satisfying, I’ll post it when I’ve actually finished the reading.

Reactions: 3
Only 7 books for me this month, no stand put reads, my favourite was probably The Librarian by Salley Vickers. I set myself 100 book target and l m only on 87 so think I fail this year. Next year will start using Storygraph instead of goodreads and track an A to Z challenge.

Reactions: 7
Here’s my November reads

Favourite: Before My Actual Heart Breaks.
Merry Christmas Kitten was a very fun, short read which I loved too! Silent Child was predictable but I couldn’t put it down. Far fetched in places though.

Least favourite: Hazel’s Christmas Duet. Terrible in fact. A romance with no romance! And a lot of inconsistencies with one of the main characters. Spoiler: he was meant to be blind but the author made mistakes with how this was portrayed. I felt they did no research into blindness and as it’s something I have personal experience with the errors were really obvious to me..
I also found Really Good Actually quite a drag.
I wish I had DNF it.

FE4B80C9-4E19-4EA3-B62C-5AAFD2350109.jpeg

Reactions: 10
I dont think anyone has mentioned 1st of the month kindle sale.

Are we all ok?!? 🙊
I was just coming on to say that I'm staying up late to see what Amazon offers tomorrow. Most of the daily deals for November were terrible but I did manage to get 3 of my wishlist books for 99p.

Reactions: 5
I dont think anyone has mentioned 1st of the month kindle sale.

Are we all ok?!? 🙊
I'm getting ready for it because I'm setting a goal of not buying any new books next year and Kindle daily/monthly deals are a killer for me 🥲

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm getting ready for it because I'm setting a goal of not buying any new books next year and Kindle daily/monthly deals are a killer for me 🥲
I did a no Amazon shopping/kindle buying this year and have stuck to it 🥳 used the library a lot this year for the first time too and I'm loving it. I went in today and they had a Christmas tree made of old books, and a post box for Christmas cards which the local knitting group had knitted a cover for 🥺 I should have taken a photo I'll try to remember next time I go in!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
BUGGER i forgot to buy Black Cake while it was 99p and it went up to £2.99 as I was about to pay for it

• Sad
Reactions: 6
anyone else's Amazon started displaying like this on a laptop.. it looks awful and makes it so hard to scroll down the lists for monthly deals

1701389629139.png

Reactions: 11
Another 13 books for the month, including some longer ones.

Favs were Fourth Wing, Iron Flame & Good Material

Least favourite was Alone With You In The Ether.
I am not even managing to see thekindle monthly lists.. wonder why it is not displaying for me on my laptop no matter how i try and locate it

Reactions: 2
I’ve managed one audio book this month - Britney’s autobiography. I don’t like rating autobiographies but I feel so bad for her with what she has been through.

I’m going to try The Five by Hallie Rubenhold next.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
480DBAD1-7C22-4096-9E3B-7511C22C7C25.jpeg

I had a good month in November! Favourites were Lessons in Chemistry, And Every Morning the Way Home Gets Longer and Longer, and The Seven Year Slip.

now to browse the deals 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve not got time to go through them this morning but have just seen the story edit on insta has posted them, so I’ll have a browse with a cuppa later on 🥰

I’m feeling all Christmassy this morning so I expect there’ll be a few Christmas ones going on, even if they’re for future years.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.