Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy Christmas fellow book worms! ❤

Mr moon got me some book vouchers and a sweatshirt that says “bookworm” 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I am currently reading Cara Hunter - Murder In The Family. Has anyone else read this ?

I am enjoying it so far and I like the difference in how the story is presented to the reader.
Yes, I liked it 😊 I love the Adam Fawley series and I don’t think Murder in the Family was as good, but an enjoyable read and something different.
---
@Caffeine Fiend I was wondering what to use my audible credit on & I’ve got Remarkably Bright Creatures. Looking forward to starting. 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Merry Christmas ! My family is a bit 'peculiar' so Christmas isn't much fun here. But I'm doing a puzzle, listening to one of my favourite Agatha Christie's audiobook, and eating biscuits. Pretty good day!

I'm already thinking about my TBR for 2024. One of the goals will be to read bigger books, so I've round up a few 'big' ones for January (very much influenced by this thread) : The Goldfinch, The Mill on the floss, and I am Pilgrim. No idea what they are about but I trust this thread ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hope everyone is having a lovely day! I’ve been eating and reading, doesn’t get much better 😂 I only have my kindle with me and determined to get through some of my books while I’m off work.

• Heart
merry christmas fellow book lovers! 💕🛍📚📖 i just wanted to follow up and say i gave my friend fourth wing and iron flame and until that point i don't think i'd ever seen someone hug a book 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Today I became a proud kindle owner 😂 Any kindle tips please send them my way!! Happy Christmas!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Merry Christmas! I went a bit too mental on drink last night so a rough Xmas day for me 😅😂 at least got in a little bit of reading (2nd book of ACOTAR series)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Merry Christmas everyone. Got a little reading done first thing this morning and now everyone has left plan on doing a little reading later with a prosecco in my hand.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, I liked it 😊 I love the Adam Fawley series and I don’t think Murder in the Family was as good, but an enjoyable read and something different.
---
@Caffeine Fiend I was wondering what to use my audible credit on & I’ve got Remarkably Bright Creatures. Looking forward to starting. 🥰
Will look into the Adam Fawley books. Thank you 🙂

Reactions: 2
I got Iron Flame for Christmas and The Graham Effect. I ordered the first 2 in the off campus series reprints in November so I will have to get the other 3 now so I have the full set on my book shelf!

I ordered a few books from Waterstones this evening also.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Merry Christmas book lovers!

Any gems in the Waterstones sale? I always find it a bit overwhelming

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Merry Christmas all 🎄 I had a quiet Christmas so spent the afternoon reading a KU romance I’ve forgotten the name of 😅 I’ll blame the mimosas!

Looking forward to a Boxing Day sale purchase or four!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I bought a mystery bundle of paperbacks last week and then discovered that a bookshop in my town sells bargain books. I may have done some damage. Now I just need everyone to go back to work so I can get a good reading session in.

Does anyone else find it hard to grab some reading time over the holidays? We'll either be entertaining, going to the cinema, watching box sets or visiting family/friends this week so I don't anticipate having much kindle and me time.

Reactions: 7
Merry Christmas book lovers!

Any gems in the Waterstones sale? I always find it a bit overwhelming
I bought a special edition of One Last Stop and a signed edition of the Guest by Emma Cline. I also bought All The Little Bird Hearts :) got all for £27 of rewards.

Reactions: 5
Perhaps a long shot but has anyone who listens to the Help I Sexted My Boss podcast listened to their book on audio?

I received the new Robert Galbraith book The running grave for Christmas so might start that today.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a lovely day
Mr Cill confused my tv addiction with my book love and bought me 2 true crime books 🤣 one being about the Yorkshire Ripper. I LOVE true crime but don’t really read about it. But the thought was there bless him. So I treated myself to Fourth Wing and The sun in her eyes by Paige Toon. I adore her books for getting me out of a slump.

I managed 15 books this year which I know compared to some of you guys is nothing but it’s been a Rocky year with my little one being diagnosed with ASD so reading wasn’t really a priority. But im going to really try and make time to read next year ❤
---
Today I became a proud kindle owner 😂 Any kindle tips please send them my way!! Happy Christmas!
Have a look at bookbud. You get an email daily with cheap 99p sometimes free ebooks usually from Amazon. I’ve got some really good ones 😀

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.