Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s silly but they’re obviously relaxed and informal on the podcast and the book will be more formal. Sometimes it sounds weird and I don’t like it 😂

Audible have a boxing day £1.99 sale. Some great books on there. Strong Female Character is in it and I know quite a few of us enjoyed it this year :D

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Any chat on Kindle Boxing Day sales? My cold medicine is taking a while to kick in this morning (which is my excuse for being a lazy sod!).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Im having a second Christmas Day dinner today with family. Until I need to go Im relaxing with my kindle.

• Heart
I’m going for a walk shortly as I’m feeling more round than usual 😂 Of course I’ll have an audiobook on when I’m walking. Once I’m back I’m going to curl up with my Kindle. Reading an ARC just now that’s OK but a bit strange, not sure what to make of it yet. Planning to find another book on my kindle that’s a guaranteed page turner as I think I need one of those. I’ve had a few mediocre reads lately that I had expected to enjoy more.

I'm thinking of doing 52 books next year. I managed 20ish this year after years of barely reading at all,but I am hooked on books now and checking here for recommendations to try get some on my list of 52 to read. I am trying to balance some paperbacks and some Kindle versions to manage cost but also storage space 😂

I'm looking forward to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm reading a friend's arc book and loving it. Got 4 books for Christmas including the new Sarah Morgan one. In a real slump at the minute and have dnf every single book I've started from November but trying not to and I know it isn't because I'm not enjoying it I just don't get time to read and it stresses me out

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Merry Christmas book lovers!

Any gems in the Waterstones sale? I always find it a bit overwhelming
merry boxing day! 🎄🎁😘

i got the late americans (been wanting to read for a while), on the savage side and welcome to the hyunam-dong bookshop. boxing day shopping is my favourite 📚

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I popped into my local Waterstones on my walk earlier (also swung by Starbucks for a festive coffee 😂, a delightful Boxing Day) there were quite a fewbooks on the sales tables that I remember being mentioned on these threads (Britney's memoir, Fourth Wing and Iron Flame, Dolly Alderton's new book etc) so definitely worth checking online. I practiced restraint and didn't buy anything because they didn't have the books I really wanted and I'm trying not to buy books quite so impulsively (let's see how long this lasts!)

• Heart
I said to myself I wouldn’t buy more books this year unless it was one I really wanted to read. Fell into The Works and picked up 4 books 🤦‍♀️ 🆘

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I really really really wish the Libby app worked on kindle. I’m really going to use the library more this year but I wish I could read them on my kindle instead of my iPad. I want to go for 50/52 books next year. A jump from this year and other than 1 book I’ve pre ordered I’m not buying any until I’ve read my TBR backlog 🤭🤥🤥🤣

I really really really wish the Libby app worked on kindle. I’m really going to use the library more this year but I wish I could read them on my kindle instead of my iPad. I want to go for 50/52 books next year. A jump from this year and other than 1 book I’ve pre ordered I’m not buying any until I’ve read my TBR backlog 🤭🤥🤥🤣
I was looking into this - there are some other ereaders (Kobo and Onyx are the two I've come across) that use Android and can access Libby. My friend has one but I need to get her to remind me which. I do most of my reading thru the library and I find it really distracting being on my phone when I'm reading ebooks, would love a dedicated device.

Reactions: 3
I wish Libby worked on Kindle as I would read more of their ebooks. They have a good selection but reading on the iPad hurts my eyes. It makes no sense as I can use it for web browsing, emails etc. with no issue but as soon as I try to read a book my eyes get sore after a while.

Reactions: 6
merry boxing day! 🎄🎁😘

i got the late americans (been wanting to read for a while), on the savage side and welcome to the hyunam-dong bookshop. boxing day shopping is my favourite 📚
I’ve also ordered the hyunam-dong bookshop. I want to read it (obviously) but also really like the naked/printed hardback design.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was looking into this - there are some other ereaders (Kobo and Onyx are the two I've come across) that use Android and can access Libby. My friend has one but I need to get her to remind me which. I do most of my reading thru the library and I find it really distracting being on my phone when I'm reading ebooks, would love a dedicated device.
It’s strange it works for American users. It would be great if they could sync the two

Reactions: 4
Free books available now for stuff your kindle day.

This is the link for romance but it’s split into sun category’s for fantasy, sci-fi, women’s fiction etc

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I have an Onyx Boox Note, I love it so much! I have the Libby and Kindles apps on there so I can use them both. It's really tiny, smaller than a paperback, but it's still a good size to read on.

Reactions: 2
I've still got a couple of Christmas books I need to read, I might read them before I start the new Robert Galbraith.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.