Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My December list:
1. The Last House Guest - Megan Miranda 8/10
2. Murder on the Christmas Express - Alexandra Benedict 8.5/10

Still reading:
3. The House of Eve - Sadeqa Johnson
4. Maybe Next Time - Ceska Major
5. Traummann an Bord - Sylvia Filz & S.K
6. Ein Bild von Dir - Jojo Moyes

This month it's a big list, because I am catching up with all not finished books, so I could start fresh from January 😅
Anyone else feeling pressure to finish them all until New Year?
#ineedhelp

Reactions: 10
Im in my festive romance era and mixing all 3 books up Im currently reading. Am I confused? Am I festive stressed? Am I tipsy? Who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
My mum loves reading as much as I do. She loves pretty much any fiction book but recently has been rather taken in by the Rivers of London series by Ben Aaranovitch. Does anyone have any recommendations for anything similar I could look at for Christmas?

Reactions: 3
My mum loves reading as much as I do. She loves pretty much any fiction book but recently has been rather taken in by the Rivers of London series by Ben Aaranovitch. Does anyone have any recommendations for anything similar I could look at for Christmas?
The Chronicle of St Mary's books might be worth a look.

Reactions: 4
Has she read all the novellas?

Reactions: 1
Two books off my GR goal! Not bad considering I didn’t read for 2 months in newborn baby chaos mid year!
Just finished The Shallows by Holly Craig. 3.8 rating on GR but I enjoyed it!! Got to about 50% and read the last half in one go!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What's on rotation? I need a few more festive romance suggestions to last me through to New Years!
Ive got so many on my list not sure I'll get through them all.

One December Day - Rachel Marks
A Holly Jolly Ever After - Sierra Simone and Julie Murphy
Lovelight Farms - B.K Borison
How To Lose A Guy Before Christmas - AJ Pine
In a Holidaze - Christina Lauren
Confessions of a Christmasholic - Joss Wood
A Merry Little Meet Cute - Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone
One Christmas Eve - Shari Low
Wreck The Halls - Tessa Bailey
Window Shopping - Tessa Bailey
Nick and Noel's Christmas Playlist - Codi Hall
The Christmas Star - Kate Forster
All I Want For Christmas - Maggie Knox
Second Chances in New Port Stephen - TJ Alexander

Thats quite alot 😂

A few of these are available on audible plus category or Amazon Prime Reads also.

• Heart
Ive got so many on my list not sure I'll get through them all.

One December Day - Rachel Marks
A Holly Jolly Ever After - Sierra Simone and Julie Murphy
Lovelight Farms - B.K Borison
How To Lose A Guy Before Christmas - AJ Pine
In a Holidaze - Christina Lauren
Confessions of a Christmasholic - Joss Wood
A Merry Little Meet Cute - Julie Murphy and Sierra Simone
One Christmas Eve - Shari Low
Wreck The Halls - Tessa Bailey
Window Shopping - Tessa Bailey
Nick and Noel's Christmas Playlist - Codi Hall
The Christmas Star - Kate Forster
All I Want For Christmas - Maggie Knox
Second Chances in New Port Stephen - TJ Alexander

Thats quite alot 😂
Thank you! Off to look them all up. I read Lovelight Farms earlier this year and remember enjoying it! Not a 5 star read but not awful either.

I got two festive reads off Netgalley. A Christmas Miracle in the Little Irish Village by Michelle Vernal on audio (31% in, not sure about it yet) and A Concert for Christmas by Helen Hawkins on ebook. I've not started the ebook yet to avoid being confused.

I've read a few Christmas Sue Moorcroft novels. More or less every other release is good. I liked A White Christmas on Winter Street, Christmas Wishes and The Christmas Love Letters.

Reactions: 4
I have the other 2 in the same series to read too. Got them all on 99p monthly deals 😆
I think I've read one of the others too? but forget which! Love a 99p deal! Though the covers really annoy me. I don't love the current cartoon cover trend anyway, and am not a fan of all the hidden faces on her books :LOL:

Has anyone else's brain just sort of given up?

Work, reading, anything really feels too taxing right now!

It's the end of the year and my brain has decided to power down.
th (14).jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Reading The Girls by Emma Cline atm, about 100 pages in and liking it so far but i took it on holiday and on the plane back my water bottle leaked and now the pages are all crinkly 😫
I took The Girls to Majorca with me this year, and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Reactions: 3
Has anyone else's brain just sort of given up?

Work, reading, anything really feels too taxing right now!

It's the end of the year and my brain has decided to power down.
View attachment 2617770
Yup! I’ve got two full weeks of work before I’m off for a fortnight and I’m already in last day of work mode. It’s really not good. I can’t focus and have no desire to work at all. I just want to be sat reading a book and eating Christmas chocolates.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yup! I’ve got two full weeks of work before I’m off for a fortnight and I’m already in last day of work mode. It’s really not good. I can’t focus and have no desire to work at all. I just want to be sat reading a book and eating Christmas chocolates.
same here! I’ve checked out this week 😂 Problem is i only have weekends and public holidays off oh dear.

• Haha
same here! I’ve checked out this week 😂 Problem is i only have weekends and public holidays off oh dear.
Glad it’s not just me! I’ve got so much to do before Christmas but no desire to do any of it! Hope you manage to get a good rest on your days off.

Glad it’s not just me! I’ve got so much to do before Christmas but no desire to do any of it! Hope you manage to get a good rest on your days off.
Thanks! Having a chilled one tonight then off out with friends tomorrow so excited for that. I have a feeling Sunday will be very chilled 😂

Reactions: 9
Im also on cannot be fucked mode and also only have weekends and public holidays off.

I'll deal with it in the new year is v much my thought process at work atm.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.