Books #24 Reading Chats

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will ask here instead. Do you track the books you read to your children? Feel like I should 😂 we dont get through loads but now its lengthy chapter books am I missing out 🙊

Reactions: 6
I will ask here instead. Do you track the books you read to your children? Feel like I should 😂 we dont get through loads but now its lengthy chapter books am I missing out 🙊
I track the Harry Potter books that we’re reading at the moment. If we read anything else similar in length I’ll count those too.

AS IF I made it here on the first page

I’m reading the new Naomi Alderman book and it feels very similar to the Power which I love so I know it’s going to be good and I kind of want to save it for Christmas when I can dedicate all my energy to reading :D

Reactions: 7
@Carapop lots of love, from a fellow hospital inmate.

My children are too big for stories now. They read to themselves, but I can still recite The Snail and the Whale.

I am reading some Mo Hayder, the Jack Caffrey series. They are detective thriller with a good dose of horror thrown in.

• Heart
Listening to ‘preloved’ on audiobook.

i’m really enjoying, really like the concept of a main story line and then little short stories on the side

Makes me want to go rummage through a charity shop 🤣

Reactions: 3
I track the Harry Potter books that we’re reading at the moment. If we read anything else similar in length I’ll count those too.
Yes similar length Id say, Ive actually bought my youngest the minalima version of the philosophers stone from Santa so we will be reading it in the new year 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t know. If I read The Smartest Giant in Town 382 times then do I log it once or 382 times?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
@Carapop lots of love, from a fellow hospital inmate.

My children are too big for stories now. They read to themselves, but I can still recite The Snail and the Whale.

I am reading some Mo Hayder, the Jack Caffrey series. They are detective thriller with a good dose of horror thrown in.
Yes my eldest doesnt read at all now much to my sadness. Secondary school and too much going on in the phone 😤

My youngest is starting to branch out into chapter books they can read themselves and I read the trickier ones to them at night. I will miss it when they dont want me to do it anymore.
---
I don’t know. If I read The Smartest Giant in Town 382 times then do I log it once or 382 times?
Haha I remember those days. Monkey Puzzle is my favourite JD book 😍

Reactions: 1
Yes my eldest doesnt read at all now much to my sadness. Secondary school and too much going on in the phone 😤

My youngest is starting to branch out into chapter books they can read themselves and I read the trickier ones to them at night. I will miss it when they dont want me to do it anymore.
---

Haha I remember those days. Monkey Puzzle is my favourite JD book 😍
my favourite is snail and the whale but the request is always the smartest giant book (my least favourite!!) every.god.damn.time 🤣

Reactions: 2
I read children’s books for work sometimes - i track chapter books (at middle grade level so probably 200 pages) but not picture books. I do track graphic novels though which are sometimes even shorter in terms of pages and definitely have fewer words, so it’s a weird distinction!

Reactions: 2
You never really know the last time you will read to your children, it just sort of happens. And then they are grown.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I am halfway through Jane Fallon's Just got real which is an enjoyable read. I want to finish it so I can start on my Christmas books. 😊

Reactions: 7
I keep going to pick up ink black heart and then put it back on my shelf due to the size 😂 I think I'm going to save it for the in between Christmas and NY days when I have nothing else to do but read and eat chocolate.

I've just finished Death Comes to Marlow, the second Marlow Murder Club, and think I potentially prefer them to Thursday Murder Club?

Reactions: 8
I keep going to pick up ink black heart and then put it back on my shelf due to the size 😂 I think I'm going to save it for the in between Christmas and NY days when I have nothing else to do but read and eat chocolate.

I've just finished Death Comes to Marlow, the second Marlow Murder Club, and think I potentially prefer them to Thursday Murder Club?
The Marlow Murder Club books are much better in my opinion - the plot is much tighter and you can tell they’re written by someone who knows the genre inside out. Looking forward to the new one out in Jan!

The Marlow Murder Club books are much better in my opinion - the plot is much tighter and you can tell they’re written by someone who knows the genre inside out. Looking forward to the new one out in Jan!
I am also Team MMC > TMC, need to get Death Comes to Marlow.

Same reasoning, much better written, much tighter. It follows that Death in Paradise format of murder, introduce all the suspects, and then solve it with some brilliance. As I'd expect from the creator of Death in Paradise.

Reactions: 4
Interesting to know. I love TTMC so much and the way the characters interact. I agree the plot can become a bit confusing at times so intrigued now to read The Marlow Murder Club.

Interesting to know. I love TTMC so much and the way the characters interact. I agree the plot can become a bit confusing at times so intrigued now to read The Marlow Murder Club.
The main thing I do like about TTMC is the characters, I would actually like Osman to try something more character driven next time as I do think he observes people very well.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.