Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Did anyone else find the custody officer a bit strange? She seemed overly sympathetic towards Nick. I get that it's "innocent until proven guilty" however she should remain impartial. She clearly had taken a bit of a shine to him which is so strange.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

MissTeddy

VIP Member
That poor family, and before people judge her for having a termination- remember they lost their income, their home and he was lost his liberty and now has a criminal record. im sure her mental health was horrific dealing with it all - plus the fear of reprisals from the criminal‘s families etc. No judgement here.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Mokie

Chatty Member
The justice system in this country is a joke. I’ve just said to my partner what is the fucking point eh? You work hard and try and do the right thing. Adam’s mistake was telling the truth. Perhaps it may have been a different outcome if he too have presented a prepared statement and said he had no recollection.

As for his wife deciding not to continue with the pregnancy with what they were facing…….financial ruin, uncertainty, a criminal trial. I don’t think we should be judging her/them on that decision. They did what was right for them at the time. They will have to live with it for the rest of their lives. I’m so sorry for the ordeal they have been through.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

ohnoshedidntdidshe

Personally, I don’t judge her/them at all for deciding to have a termination in that situation… I wouldn’t be talking about it on national television though… that’s a situation to share with close friends and family (if you choose to).

I can’t believe the poor bloke got sent down for all that time. How can the judge think that it was in the public interest to send him to prison?

Them two little scrotes should have been sent down and I hope they feel the consequences of their actions everyday for the rest of their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

ohdoris

VIP Member
Nicks face in the interviews was chilling, no remorse, just a cold stare. A grown man with a teenager daughter still out drinking, taking drugs & getting into fights & playing the big man. Being placed with a loving, caring foster family might have been the best thing for his daughter, keep her away from his lifestyle & influences. So many lives ruined by these abhorrent men.

Reactions: 32

Meringue22

VIP Member
Did anyone else find the custody officer a bit strange? She seemed overly sympathetic towards Nick. I get that it's "innocent until proven guilty" however she should remain impartial. She clearly had taken a bit of a shine to him which is so strange.
I did think her attitude towards him was a bit odd to say the least!

Did anyone else notice the look of horror on Anthony’s solicitors face when they were shown the cctv footage of Pat being run over? He was evidently horrified. As any normal person should be

Reactions: 31

evie1975

VIP Member
From a mental health practitioner point of view - at the core of our training is being non-judgmental and empathetic. It is incredibly difficult working with people who have committed heinous crimes and keeping emotion in check. There is nothing to be gained from being confrontational; it’s easier for everyone to remain calm and as a previous poster suggested we treat the individual with empathy.
It would appear there were a lot more people involved, arrested and interviewed. As viewers we only saw a fraction of the work put in to solving the case. Her comments were a snapshot of all her interactions and perhaps she had a moment when emotions got the better of her.
Let’s not forget- 24 hours in police custody is a very well edited program and not everything is shown in the context of what actually happened in that moment.

Reactions: 30

Pilatesgirl

VIP Member
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

houseofhoop

VIP Member
I thought they were calling him a Dr at the end. This guy has to be one of the worst I’ve seen on this show. I was utterly sickened by what he was saying and with a grin on his face 🤮 my God those poor men.
I was sickened when they showed him flicking through his phone ‘I can have him and him, I can have anyone I want’
Very disturbing

• Sick
Reactions: 28

HarJR289

Chatty Member
Yes I think the custody officer was strange, be nice to know if she watched it back whether her perception of him changed. Also hated Nicks solicitor - I don’t know how you can watch footage like that of your client and still leave the room with them laughing and joking. The world’s a slightly better place with them behind bars, I just feel so sorry about the two boys who lost their life. It’s so senseless, so many families ruined just for sake of a few hours.

• Heart

Smca53

VIP Member
What the FUCK as if that was a legitimate reason to have an abortion. It was as if they did that just so they could use it as a sympathy card for the whole situation. I’m sure they could’ve made it work even if she couldn’t live the exact same “lifestyle” that she’d become accustomed to, or whatever his words were. And to do it before he even knew what he was being charged with etc, just seems like his situation was an excuse. So, so weird

• Angry
  • Sad

BarryEvansHun

Men like him make me scared about my daughter growing up, just don’t want her to have to deal with anyone like that. Feel like it’s just getting worse and worse.
A very dangerous man indeed. I feel had he not got caught, his crimes would have escalated to murder. They all start somewhere, Wayne Couzins started out the same way. It’s absolutely terrifying. That girl that reported the rape was so brave and has saved so many other women. I hope she is healing ❤‍🩹

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Applina89

I watched it last night and I was so enraged by the piece of shit that is Lee Cocking.
What a vile pathetic lying rapist c*nt.
And he’s still free to work in a position of power?! I hope everyone remembers his face and his name and he’s never taken seriously ever again. I’m honestly livid. And his wife? She can get in the fucking bin 😡

REMEMBER THIS PRICK’S FACE AND NAME!

Attachments

• Wow
The two men were so brave to come forward. And braver still to be shown in tonight’s episode, waiving their right to anonymity. I wonder if it will lead to more men coming forward?

• Heart
I’m not a copper, but if I was and I was alone in a car with someone who made advances towards me, I would turn on my bodyworn camera (which I think most coppers are equipped with?) to at least pick up the audio, to prevent any sort of allegations being made about me. Or get my radio on the go, or something. Id not stop the car and I’d call for backup. So many options. You just would, surely. The fact that he didn’t, to me, speaks volumes. I believe her. Clearly, so did the anti corruption team.

Allmyownopinion

Chatty Member
Just watched the latest episode & I'm both heartbroken & furious! How did she not know her baby was so badly injured before he died, I don’t believe it for a second! Sick scum, both of them, yes he’s a murderer but she’s an enabler. I’m so sick of these endless stories lately of innocent children being terrorised, abused & even killed by monsters all because their useless mothers care more about having a new fella & moving them in after 5 minutes than putting them first and just being a good bloody mother!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

BarryEvansHun

As it should be. Can you imagine if we immediately decided all victims were legit. You'd have people making allegations left-right-and-centre.

This is where the question comes in if it's more important to protect the innocent or punish the guilty. I'd rather err on the side of caution than convict an innocent person
When you’ve been raped and your vagina has been split down the perineum, you’re black and blue and have to sit on a doughnut cushion just for some relief, you’re ‘full’ of DNA and you’re told, ‘we have some GREAT evidence, however this only puts xyz at the scene, it’s your word against his, CPS has decided not to take the case on’ - we need an overhaul.
---
As it should be. Can you imagine if we immediately decided all victims were legit. You'd have people making allegations left-right-and-centre.

This is where the question comes in if it's more important to protect the innocent or punish the guilty. I'd rather err on the side of caution than convict an innocent person
Well, you’d have to get it into court first. CPS only take on 2% of reported rapes. Makes me feel that rape is practically legal in the UK.

• Heart
  • Sad

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
When you realise the system is not on your side. As soon as the motorbike thieves started milking their injuries, I knew they knew exactly how to play the system as well. The bloke made the mistake of being honest and telling the detectives exactly what happened hoping that the truth would prevail. Unfortunately he was extremely naive. No comment is your best friend (even if you're on the right side of lawless Britain).

• Sad