24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No idea what it was aired - if they’re wanting to restore the public’s trust and perception they may as well have put a bleeping rocket under it and sent to space

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I follow a few police staff accounts on twitter & fb, the overwhelming responses have been horrified at the officers actions, how dealt with internally & the trial not guilty verdict (completely unbelievable - why did he even pick her up, why didn't he turn his bodycam on & why didn't he report it), also shocked at how the officer was suspended on full pay then retired.

The comments aired from those in charge that were trying to get officers charged or get meaningful consequences made it pretty clear how they felt but that they were tied up with official procedures or it was just out of their hands. Makes you wonder if the force would have regretted allowing the cameras access, but there was little they could do once the programme was agreed. I can imagine at least a few meetings along the lines of "Oh yes, sounds a great idea....Oh tit, have you seen some of this?!".

Reactions: 5
The two on awareness training did not assault that woman. They made fun of her.
The two who assaulted a woman resigned and faced zero consequences
You are correct - I’m sorry. I did get the two cases mixed up.
Still shocked at the awareness training for the two that verbally abused and goaded the woman in the wheelchair.

Reactions: 2
You are correct - I’m sorry. I did get the two cases mixed up.
Still shocked at the awareness training for the two that verbally abused and goaded the woman in the wheelchair.
Yeah, it did get a bit confusing as they kept jumping around without naming the officers.

Reactions: 1
Wow. Just seething watching that. The two officers that's punishment was to speak to their line manager after mocking the lady in the wheelchair 🤷‍♀️ Can't wait to go to work tomorrow and call a client a bleeping witch and all I'll need to do is have a chat with my manager...

Oh and the officer getting away with rape, full pay and pension. Disgusting.

Reactions: 12
Just watched it and horrified by it! The show just proves the corruption even more!!
Absolutely disgusting , why not question why the police officer had a woman alone in the car and agreed to stop in a lay by , when they showed his photo at first before he came on screen I was convinced he was now in prison

Also felt ill at that poor suicidal woman being treated the way she was

Reactions: 10
I watched it last night and I was so enraged by the piece of tit that is Lee Cocking.
What a vile pathetic lying rapist c*nt.
And he’s still free to work in a position of power?! I hope everyone remembers his face and his name and he’s never taken seriously ever again. I’m honestly livid. And his wife? She can get in the bleeping bin 😡

REMEMBER THIS PRICK’S FACE AND NAME!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I watched it last night and I was so enraged by the piece of tit that is Lee Cocking.
What a vile pathetic lying rapist c*nt.
And he’s still free to work in a position of power?! I hope everyone remembers his face and his name and he’s never taken seriously ever again. I’m honestly livid. And his wife? She can get in the bleeping bin 😡

REMEMBER THIS PRICK’S FACE AND NAME!
I suppose the good thing about the tv show is whilst he is free to work in law enforcement again/ other positions of power, people know who he is so the chances of him assuming another position of authority are probably quite slim now.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I suppose the good thing about the tv show is whilst he is free to work in law enforcement again/ other positions of power, people know who he is so the chances of him assuming another position of authority are probably quite slim now.
I really hope so. I just can’t get over him turning it on her and saying that she sexually assaulted him. It makes me feel sick.
What were the jury thinking?!

Reactions: 7
I googled the name which took me to good old companies house, they used to have a business and there's a female who I assume is his wife and her job is (was) healthcare worker?? How she could offer any professional care or support to anyone vulnerable and in need baffles me

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I do wonder how he’s treated the wife over the years. Trauma bonded to him I expect. He seems the ‘type’

Reactions: 6
I can't help but think this is some kind of damage control for something that was/is/could be exposed so they wanted to show yeah, we have some bad apples but we are just as shocked as you! Imagine the media letting loose this kind of footage exclusively.. riots?
I've watched a lot of bad American cops body cams on YouTube but just this one episode beats them all 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: 3
I actually watched the episode with my hand over my mouth in shock, utterly sickening behaviour of all cops involved, the fact they didn’t think to turn body cams off shows it was just a normal way to act for them. These poor vulnerable people being treated so badly by people who are supposed to protect! I can’t believe how aggressive they were I can’t stop thinking about it. Don’t even get my started on that Lee Cocking 🤬

Reactions: 8
That programme was shocking. This is only one police force so imagine the cases across the whole country. They wonder why no one respects the police, this is why

Wow I’ve put it on. I feel sick! I reported a police officer last year for sexual misconduct. It’s currently being investigated. This is making me glad I have.
Quoting myself here but I can’t praise the police enough in my situation. I didn’t want to provide a statement but I’ve had it through today that looking through his phone he’s been taken off frontline duty and although they don’t believe there’s enough for malicious communications (I agree because I don’t believe he meant to cause harm, I think this is just his normal behaviour) they are going down the route of misconduct and feel confident there is enough for a hearing and she said she thinks there is a reason to be concerned about this police officer. They have asked me to provide a statement and I have agreed. I hadn’t wanted to but knowing I wasn’t alone (which I knew I wouldn’t be but it’s proven now) and that there could be more to his behaviour I have to.

• Heart
Quoting myself here but I can’t praise the police enough in my situation. I didn’t want to provide a statement but I’ve had it through today that looking through his phone he’s been taken off frontline duty and although they don’t believe there’s enough for malicious communications (I agree because I don’t believe he meant to cause harm, I think this is just his normal behaviour) they are going down the route of misconduct and feel confident there is enough for a hearing and she said she thinks there is a reason to be concerned about this police officer. They have asked me to provide a statement and I have agreed. I hadn’t wanted to but knowing I wasn’t alone (which I knew I wouldn’t be but it’s proven now) and that there could be more to his behaviour I have to.
At least they have asked for a statement, they didn't bother when that monster Couzens flashed someone at a Mc Donalds drive through, i'm not saying every copper is the same as him but to use their position as a front is quite common, your last sentence is exactly how you need to feel about proceeding. xxx

Reactions: 2
Tonight’s To Catch a Copper - this silly cow trying to justify threatening reporting the woman on the bus to social services and then pepper spraying her next to her baby is giving me the rage.

Reactions: 8
Tonight’s To Catch a Copper - this silly cow trying to justify threatening reporting the woman on the bus to social services and then pepper spraying her next to her baby is giving me the rage.
Another episode of To Catch a Cooper with zero consequences....
With the bus woman, yes she being verbal but this situation would have been easily solved by the police stepping off the bus and saying 'you've got 10 mins to pack up and exit the bus'. The bus would have been held up for 10 mins but at least a child wouldn't have seen 6 police grab and pepper spray her mother. Surely a £2.50 bus fare isn't worth all the trauma to the child plus the years of distrust that incident would have caused in the community.

I found tonight’s episode disgusting. All those amazing people from the community offering really objective viewpoints and everything was quite literally white washed. The guy that had an aneurysm!!! Left lying in his vomit for 3 hours till a nurse takes one look at him and calls an ambulance. It was sickening viewing.

I found tonight’s episode disgusting. All those amazing people from the community offering really objective viewpoints and everything was quite literally white washed. The guy that had an aneurysm!!! Left lying in his vomit for 3 hours till a nurse takes one look at him and calls an ambulance. It was sickening viewing.
Why didn't they check on him before 3hrs? I get that maybe they thought his symptoms were due to the vodka he said he'd had, but surely even drunk people can choke on their own vomit? And they have cameras in the cells.

Reactions: 11