24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that - I can’t help but think his crimes would have escalated into being a killer like Wayne Couzens did, if he hadn’t been caught for this.
Hadn't he just rocked up in the town as well? That was one of his justifications for going out at night, to let off steam or something because he didn't know anyone. God knows what he got up to where he lived before.

Reactions: 9
These men, in this situation, are not bad people. They are mentally ill with no support. Despite being on the radar. Left with quite serious disorders to their own devices. The system has failed them enough without getting shot.
Did we find out if they had no support? Were they not attending appts or, like most people, couldn't get the help?

Reactions: 1
Hadn't he just rocked up in the town as well? That was one of his justifications for going out at night, to let off steam or something because he didn't know anyone. God knows what he got up to where he lived before.
Wouldn't surprise me if he had done it too many times in his old place and was at risk of getting caught so moved away where he could "start again" it also shows how you don't know who people are he was so aggressive in those videos but when he was in the interview he acted more "normal" I bet people who know him had no idea , that's how scary it is

Reactions: 21
Wouldn't surprise me if he had done it too many times in his old place and was at risk of getting caught so moved away where he could "start again" it also shows how you don't know who people are he was so aggressive in those videos but when he was in the interview he acted more "normal" I bet people who know him had no idea , that's how scary it is
He mentioned he had a kid as well. 🤢 him running after her was terrifying

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I thought he seemed quite "normal" when he had the first interview and thought that maybe they had the wrong bloke but the coat was quite telling but was still unsure it was him as at one point he quite charming. Then the excuses started and then it was no, that's him. We never know who is walking amongst us. Never seen so many online articles about one episode of 24 hours, even in our local paper which is miles and miles away.

Reactions: 13
It’s fortunate he was disordered enough to have filmed himself. That ensured he was identified as a habitual predator who was escalating. No ifs buts or maybes. No doubt in my mind he’d have eventually killed a woman. Horrifying to watch.

Reactions: 23
He came across so confident and cocky in his video clips, but as soon as he was interviewed he came across shy, reserved and weak. He was only sorry he got caught. Thank goodness he’s behind bars.

Reactions: 24
Did we find out if they had no support? Were they not attending appts or, like most people, couldn't get the help?
They had been referred to agencies awaiting follow up. However, people that have psychotic disorders and extreme paranoia can find it difficult to attend appointments due to the nature of the illness. Home visits are more efficient. But the system is so underfunded, understaffed and 20 years behind that we wait until catastrophe happens before we put these things in place. Extreme stress can cause a massive relapse, as relationship breakdown with a child involved did exact that. If he was working with a professional and had built up trust prior relationship breakdown this could have all been avoided. Shooting mentally ill men with no support other than another mentally ill man whilst both self medicating is both barbaric and unethical.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
He came across so confident and cocky in his video clips, but as soon as he was interviewed he came across shy, reserved and weak. He was only sorry he got caught. Thank goodness he’s behind bars.
agreed - he was definitely escalating. terrifying.

Reactions: 5
They had been referred to agencies awaiting follow up. However, people that have psychotic disorders and extreme paranoia can find it difficult to attend appointments due to the nature of the illness. Home visits are more efficient. But the system is so underfunded, understaffed and 20 years behind that we wait until catastrophe happens before we put these things in place. Extreme stress can cause a massive relapse, as relationship breakdown with a child involved did exact that. If he was working with a professional and had built up trust prior relationship breakdown this could have all been avoided. Shooting mentally ill men with no support other than another mentally ill man whilst both self medicating is both barbaric and unethical.
Thanks, that makes perfect sense and I agree with every word. Shocking in the UK in 2023 FFS.

Reactions: 4
Men like him make me scared about my daughter growing up, just don’t want her to have to deal with anyone like that. Feel like it’s just getting worse and worse.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I thought he seemed quite "normal" when he had the first interview and thought that maybe they had the wrong bloke but the coat was quite telling but was still unsure it was him as at one point he quite charming. Then the excuses started and then it was no, that's him. We never know who is walking amongst us. Never seen so many online articles about one episode of 24 hours, even in our local paper which is miles and miles away.
Me too! Watching his first interview I sat there thinking maybe they've got it wrong. He came across like the police had got the wrong man. Then when they found the video I was shocked. I couldn't believe I'd been stupid enough to believe his "I'm innocent" act. Thank god they did catch him though. It scares me that men like this live amongst us.

Reactions: 15
I stupidly read the DM comments re this episode. Some fucker blamed the victim because she was drunk, had she learned her lesson blah blah. duck off. No one should go out and have to worry about whether or not they can have a few! It’s dangerous men like the rapist who are the problem! One of my girls is at uni and last weekend someone squeezed her bum in a club. She had no idea who and whilst she recognised this was sexual assault she said to me what could she do? It’s not on!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Also it was the way he confidently hung around the club and alley after he r*ped her, then silently walked off and continued to walk about the area afterwards. Vile man.

Reactions: 18
Men like him make me scared about my daughter growing up, just don’t want her to have to deal with anyone like that. Feel like it’s just getting worse and worse.
A very dangerous man indeed. I feel had he not got caught, his crimes would have escalated to murder. They all start somewhere, Wayne Couzins started out the same way. It’s absolutely terrifying. That girl that reported the rape was so brave and has saved so many other women. I hope she is healing ❤‍🩹

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The murderer of Libby Squire had been stalking victims and undertaking voyerism in the build up to her murder. It’s a gateway crime. What a vile man.

Reactions: 19
The murderer of Libby Squire had been stalking victims and undertaking voyerism in the build up to her murder. It’s a gateway crime. What a vile man.
I forgot about that! Christ he would’ve ended up
killing someone for sure

Reactions: 6
It’s scary how stalking isn’t taken seriously at all. Nor animal abuse, this often is the pathway to violence and often murder

Reactions: 14
I know no one looks like a murderer but it’s terrifying what seemingly ‘normal’ young men can do. Are there more and more cases recently.. ones that spring to mind are Lily Sullivan, Bobbi-Anne McLeod, Grace Millane.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I stupidly read the DM comments re this episode. Some fucker blamed the victim because she was drunk, had she learned her lesson blah blah. duck off. No one should go out and have to worry about whether or not they can have a few! It’s dangerous men like the rapist who are the problem! One of my girls is at uni and last weekend someone squeezed her bum in a club. She had no idea who and whilst she recognised this was sexual assault she said to me what could she do? It’s not on!
Indeed, I don’t care how drunk she was, she should have been able to get home safely.

• Heart
Reactions: 12