24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah the second bravest people to the incredibly brave victims are always the interviewing detectives. I would be unable to contain my rage. I usually get infuriated when someone goes ‘no comment’ but I found this cretin even worse for what he was saying and how blasé he was about the awful things he had done to his victims.

Reactions: 9
That "Dr" was vile. Consent can change at any time. He had no thought for anyone else but himself when meeting with those men. The 2 who came forward were so brave to share their story

Reactions: 11
He was definitely getting a kick out of recounting the rapes during the interviews.

Reactions: 12
I was sickened when they showed him flicking through his phone ‘I can have him and him, I can have anyone I want’
Very disturbing
Even my bf said "he has zero respect for these people, can't remember their names" it's so true, the way he was saying "I fucked him, I fucked him" it just comes across as so wrong. Then he's on about moving back home and marrying a woman. Wtf!

Even my bf said "he has zero respect for these people, can't remember their names" it's so true, the way he was saying "I fucked him, I fucked him" it just comes across as so wrong. Then he's on about moving back home and marrying a woman. Wtf!
He is a mentalist. Totally devoid of any thought for anyone besides himself, and has an inflated sense of self, hence the bragging about how many people he shagged (raped). head. I wanted to cuddle both of those poor victims they showed.

Reactions: 8
Horrible episode! He is clearly obsessed with sec and being in control. These guys were meeting him for sex anyway so there was no need to rape them but it’s about being in control! And the amount of men he was saying he had sex with each week I dread to think of how many victims there are that don’t speak out!

Reactions: 17
I think he was trying to imply that the officers were targeting him due to his race (disgusting behaviour to try garner sympathy falsely) he was implying he wasnt welcome here because of his race and sexuality so he would have to go home and marry a woman. He wouldn’t of course, I think he was trying to imply the officers were homophonic and racist (which clearly wasn’t the basis for his arrest)

Reactions: 5
Watched it tonight and he definitely got off on discussing the “allegations”. I 100% believed he was guilty and he also definitely has a sex addiction.

However I do have some sympathy for the CPS. Rape are often a “he-said-they-said” allegation. Most people do not go to the hospital or police immediately and by then the “evidence” are gone.

Reactions: 4
Watched it tonight and he definitely got off on discussing the “allegations”. I 100% believed he was guilty and he also definitely has a sex addiction.

However I do have some sympathy for the CPS. Rape are often a “he-said-they-said” allegation. Most people do not go to the hospital or police immediately and by then the “evidence” are gone.
Even if they do go to hospital / police right away it’s still treated as a he said she said allegation. The system is barbaric and in favour of the perpetrator. It needs an overhaul.

Even if they do go to hospital / police right away it’s still treated as a he said she said allegation. The system is barbaric and in favour of the perpetrator. It needs an overhaul.
Couldn’t agree more. I’m a forensic examiners and even with dna it is still treated he said/she said. It’s the only crime the victim has to fight so hard to prove

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Couldn’t agree more. I’m a forensic examiners and even with dna it is still treated he said/she said. It’s the only crime the victim has to fight so hard to prove
Yes. DNA only puts the perpetrator at the scene of the crime. Doesn’t prove rape.

Reactions: 7
As it should be. Can you imagine if we immediately decided all victims were legit. You'd have people making allegations left-right-and-centre.

This is where the question comes in if it's more important to protect the innocent or punish the guilty. I'd rather err on the side of caution than convict an innocent person

• Wow
Reactions: 1
As it should be. Can you imagine if we immediately decided all victims were legit. You'd have people making allegations left-right-and-centre.

This is where the question comes in if it's more important to protect the innocent or punish the guilty. I'd rather err on the side of caution than convict an innocent person
When you’ve been raped and your vagina has been split down the perineum, you’re black and blue and have to sit on a doughnut cushion just for some relief, you’re ‘full’ of DNA and you’re told, ‘we have some GREAT evidence, however this only puts xyz at the scene, it’s your word against his, CPS has decided not to take the case on’ - we need an overhaul.
---

Well, you’d have to get it into court first. CPS only take on 2% of reported rapes. Makes me feel that rape is practically legal in the UK.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
The rape statistic is absolutely horrifying. I mean, I knew it was low but that is shocking. I assume it's because stanger rape is rare and so many cases are a muddle because of the he said/she said or whatever. This guy was appallingly cold wasn't he? When he said to the female detective, something like, you get it, because you are intelligent - she just gave him a look that was so withering. He's used to dominating because he's so "smart" and she was having none of it.
It was heartening to see the police championing this case - having met on Grindr and agreeing to meet for sex made it so much harder to argue rape I think. But if they could do it for this, why then is the statistic so damn low.

Last edited:
The rape statistic is absolutely horrifying. I mean, I knew it was low but that is shocking. I assume it's because stanger rape is rare and so many cases are a muddle because of the he said/she said or whatever. This guy was appallingly cold wasn't he? When he said to the female detective, something like, you get it, because you are intelligent - she just gave him a look that was so withering. He's used to dominating because he's so "smart" and she was having none of it.
It was heartening to see the police championing this case - having met on Grindr and agreeing to meet for sex made it so much harder to argue rape I think. But if they could do it for this, why then is the statistic so damn low.
Because the victims are men.

Reactions: 4
If someone's DNA is inside you I believe that is enough to say yes they raped you, take it to trial and let the jury decide if it was consensual or not. The CPS saying dna is not enough is despicable and would put a lot of people (including me) put off reporting a sexual assault or rape. It makes you feel like you aren't believed by anyone and that's a horrible thing.

Couldn’t agree more,im a nurse trained to take intimate swabs from victims,what they have to endure and relive repeatedly is traumatic. Seeing the attitude of this man was disgusting, in his head,because he met them on Grindr(as he referred to a sex site not dating),he felt he could justify everything because they agreed to meet for sex.He didn't understand that doesn’t entitle him to treat other human beings like sex objects purely for his gratification. He definitely doesn't understand 'consent' and how it can also be revoked. I dread to think how many victims haven't been identified. An absolute monster

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It is disturbing that he seemed to think that he could do what he liked to these men. The fact that they were gay and on Grinder - seemed to make it justifiable in his warped mind.
His suggestion that he should return to his birth country and marry a woman, was his answer to being told that forcing men to have sex is illegal.
I felt sick watching this episode.

Reactions: 15
He seemed to view other people as pawns to be manipulated and used at his whim. Right down to how he spoke to the police. A very dangerous man.

The system is stacked against the victim from the start. In both recent episodes, the offenders had multiple victims and I'd hazard a guess that at least one of the prosecutions wouldn't have been taken forward by the CPS without the other victims. Utterly depressing.

Reactions: 12
What a disturbing case and a vile person.

Can someone please explain to me how bail works? I understand the bail conditions part of it but I thought it was either a charge and custody or bail?
Why do they still get bail when not charged? I thought as the cps refused charges they are technically released as not guilty?