Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Smca53

VIP Member
I think it’s insane that people are giving money to them. Yes, it was unbelievably wrong that the two attempted burglars didn’t get a harsher sentence - but he wasn’t in the right either. Wild 🥴

Reactions: 26

Luce0331

VIP Member
Did anyone else find the custody officer a bit strange? She seemed overly sympathetic towards Nick. I get that it's "innocent until proven guilty" however she should remain impartial. She clearly had taken a bit of a shine to him which is so strange.
When she said to him ‘if it was up to me I’d bail you’ (or something to that effect) I was like ?? You’d bail a man who has been charged with murder?? Such a strange thing to say

Reactions: 25

viewtube

VIP Member
I feel sorry for the people who lived in that block being intimidated by those two,must have been horrible. The dark haired bloke was quite smart and probably the most dangerous/manipulative,he let the other one do all the shouting/ranting and pushing himself forward, he sat back pushed the right buttons to wind his mate up. But the forensics caught him out,the science doesnt lie.

eyeballs

VIP Member
Did anyone else find the custody officer a bit strange? She seemed overly sympathetic towards Nick. I get that it's "innocent until proven guilty" however she should remain impartial. She clearly had taken a bit of a shine to him which is so strange.
No I don’t agree. She was there to look after the prisoners. They are still people even after what they have done and need to be looked after whilst in custody. I really don’t want the police and the prison service to end up treating prisoners like animals.
They shouldn’t be there to judge, that was not her job.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
No I don’t agree. She was there to look after the prisoners. They are still people even after what they have done and need to be looked after whilst in custody. I really don’t want the police and the prison service to end up treating prisoners like animals.
They shouldn’t be there to judge, that was not her job.
I never suggested they should be treated like animals - I'm not sure where in my post that was implied? I agree they should still be treated as humans, hence me mentioning that they're innocent until proven guilty. I also agree they aren't there to judge, hence me saying they should remain impartial - I don't feel she was entirely impartial.

I just found it odd how she seemed to have taken a bit of a shine to him, the way she spoke about him was odd in my opinion.

viewtube

VIP Member
The CCTV was horrible to watch.

That Nick is a piece of work. His whole demeanour in the interviews was disgusting, then how he was smirking and laughing as soon as he left the room was awful.

I was on the fence with Anthony. He clearly felt remorse and obviously he did the right thing by speaking in the interview but at the same time, it's hard to feel sympathy for somebody who stabbed 3 people multiple times. That's more than a moment of madness.
I was shocked by the age,mentality and brutality of these men,they weren't young kids,they were grown men with kids of their own. It's frightening how so called adults can go out, easily get into fights and have zero impulse control leading to 2 men being murdered. Nick was trying to portray himself as a caring parent,but openly admitted to drinking 10 brandys a day smoking cannabis and taking class A drugs at the weekend. He clearly wasn't to bright because after being charged with 2 murders and one attempted murder,he really thought he had a chance of being bailed to return to his daughter. I only hope his daughter is with a decent family who will give her the chance that idiot wouldn't have provided

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Greenfly125

He came across so confident and cocky in his video clips, but as soon as he was interviewed he came across shy, reserved and weak. He was only sorry he got caught. Thank goodness he’s behind bars.

Nosymum

VIP Member
The mum really angered me, oh her poor son she won’t be able to see him free for years and her life will change! What about the mother of the man he stabbed 15 times she will never see her son again! Just self pity from that side and yes your son is a murderer simple as!

• Heart

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
what a fucking joke
Utter scumbags get sway with everything. They will have had free legal aid too while that blokes had his life ruined

Reactions: 23

Meringue22

VIP Member
I stupidly read the DM comments re this episode. Some fucker blamed the victim because she was drunk, had she learned her lesson blah blah. Fuck off. No one should go out and have to worry about whether or not they can have a few! It’s dangerous men like the rapist who are the problem! One of my girls is at uni and last weekend someone squeezed her bum in a club. She had no idea who and whilst she recognised this was sexual assault she said to me what could she do? It’s not on!

• Angry
  • Wow

Asterix

It’s fortunate he was disordered enough to have filmed himself. That ensured he was identified as a habitual predator who was escalating. No ifs buts or maybes. No doubt in my mind he’d have eventually killed a woman. Horrifying to watch.

RE Curtis Long, he said to the police that he'd been going to Nick Papworth's to watch the UFC at 1am. But Papworth had called him just after midnight before the incident. I don't think he was involved in the stabbing or running over, but I also don't believe he was in the area just to 'watch UFC'. I think Papworth's called him as part of the gang to come and help him. and he's went, realised how serious everything was, and then left.

I also really strongly disliked that young detective. He seemed like he was playing cops and robbers and some of his statements to the camera were really off to to me. When he said that the stabbing happened because of 'blood lust' I rolled my eyes. No, it was because they off their faces on alcohol and cocaine, all lost their heads, there was a seething resentment between the groups and adrenaline was high.

• Heart

Silverback

VIP Member
I don't think I've ever seen anyone’s response to being interviewed quite as disturbing as watching Papworth. Absolutely chilling & I'd immediately say psychopath, but then the way he got upset over his daughter, doesn't fit that. A very dangerous man imo.

A truly awful, tragic & shocking incident. Such a waste of life over 'nothing'.
The guy who did the stabbing had a similarly confusing way about him. Capable of stabbing three people over nothing yet shaking while being interviewed and writing heartfelt letters to his grandparent's. I guess the human brain is a complex thing.

instashun

VIP Member
Just watched the episode. Absolutely appalled with our justice system. Are people not allowed to defend themselves? What if it was a young woman attacked and punched the attacker in defence, causing the attacker to hit their head and die? They would probably go to jail as well. The law is a mess at the moment.

I can sort of see the judge’s point from the angle of Adam driving at a high speed and potentially injuring an innocent member of the public, however where do you draw the line when your home and family (including an unborn child) are being threatened. Those two work-shy lowlifes have become career criminals. One of them was moaning about being a mechanic but quite frankly he should be grateful for a job in the current climate and with his criminal record. They only think of themselves. The Bedford guy was talking about his children but quite clearly couldn’t give a shit about the mother of his own child!! Even the custody officer. I saw them taking absolutely 0 responsibility for their actions and so the judge was talking absolute shite when they said that. Adam on the other hand was so cut up and clearly showed remorse for his part in the crash. The sentences should’ve been the other way around. The only reason those thugs are going for compensation is so they can continue to live off the hard work of other people. They need to take a long hard look at themselves.

I really felt for Adam when he was speaking about having to abort his and Lindsey’s child. It’s one of the hardest decisions to make and not for others to judge. A child would’ve out a huge strain on their already fraught situation and I wish them all the best for the future as they move away and hopefully make a fresh start. I hope Adam can get his conviction overturned one day.
He didn’t defend himself that’s the problem. The boys ran away and he chased them when he was no longer in danger and by doing so could have injured anyone else on those roads. I’m 50/50 on his intentions and think he was most likely not thinking straight. The two boys should absolutely have been punished though, they had a career of wrong doings so why would they change now

It’s unfair but the way the law saw it was what was his aim by chasing them? Was he just going to follow them for miles and miles and do nothing - doubtful

I don’t agree they should get away with it at all they are both terrors

Also don’t think he was a mechanic just that he once wanted to be but being a criminal seemed liked easier money

instashun

VIP Member
I guess it’s because he took a large heavy vehicle out to chase the burglars, who were no longer a threat to him or his property as they ran off, was driving too fast and dangerously, damaged others property and luckily didn’t injure or kill anyone else.

I suspect also trying to set a precedent to stop others being vigilantes and pursuing/hurting these little terrors. If he were to get away with it you’d get a lot more people doing similar I’d imagine

I did say to my partner that his solicitor seemed to let him say way too much and a ‘no comment’ interview would have meant the police had to prove his intent. Telling them he was angry etc doesn’t help him. No expert but have learnt from watching this show no comment is usually the best policy over honesty

It’s a really tough one his punishment shouldn’t have been longer than those two life criminals though. Not sure how it’s in public interest to have two known thieves still out and about but that’s fucked up England for us

Reactions: 22

Leo100

VIP Member
What a weird episode , it was a good job the victim had the courage said something straight away or he probably would have got away with it again. As if he has a child as well!! Poor kid.
Not a bad sentence , just wish all rapists/sexual offenders got the same or more, some seem get way less than that , even child abusers!

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
What I found truly bizarre is how shell shocked they were that they’d been arrested. I mean what the hell did they think was going to happen when they were honey trapping all of these men!?

• Heart

zowhora

So angry watching Catch a Copper. No being held to account, full pay and no charges. The officer that claimed PTSD who slept with the vulnerable woman. Unbelievable. You could sense the frustration and anger from those investigating them.
I’ve just finished watching this and I am absolutely disgusted at the officer who was found not guilty. How HE made himself the victim when she was the vulnerable one is absolutely abhorrent to me. She was drunk and did not have the capacity to consent. Disgusting piece of shit.

The way they treated both vulnerable women who were clearly enduring a crisis was inhumane and a difficult watch for sure. The “reflective practice” was a load of BS, nothing transformational about what we saw.

Lioness1

Chatty Member
For anyone that hasn’t seen The Met on BBC iPlayer - it’s similar to 24hours and really good.
The repeated eps of 24 hours are good but eps so worth a watch if you haven’t seen them already.