24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just started watching the first part, it's shocking. What makes these men do these things? The footage is beyond awful. I bet it was over something so senseless too. Makes me worry about the world my little boy is growing up in.

Reactions: 13
Another tattler pointed me to the direction of Pat’s sisters post. Seems so much crucial info has not been shown and a lot of people have escapes jail time for their part in it
Could you possibly point me in a direction? I've tried to look, just interested to see how much wasn't shown on TV.

Reactions: 1
Could you possibly point me in a direction? I've tried to look, just interested to see how much wasn't shown on TV.
Just search nick papworth on facebook and click posts should be the first one that comes up with capital letters. Howard is the womans last name same as pats x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I really think shows like this should be aired, it could prevent someone making a huge mistake like these men. It’s all just so sad all round.

Reactions: 20
I really think shows like this should be aired, it could prevent someone making a huge mistake like these men. It’s all just so sad all round.
Trouble is, once people are under the influence of drink and drugs, I don't think this will make any difference sadly.

Reactions: 9
This is one of the most horrifying episodes I've ever watched of this. The cctv footage is so heartbreaking, the complete disregard for human life. Curtis knew more I think but I don't think he was directly involved. I perceived him as quite immature and quite frightened by it all and like he didn't realise what Nick and Ant were capable of but I do understand this still angers the lads families. You'd hope anyone would stop and help.

Reactions: 12
i’m still confused as to why curtis was released!
i can’t believe how evil you have to be to run over someone at 60mph!!!! the stabbing a are also horrific, the whole story is so sad !

Reactions: 5
My understanding is Curtis didn’t do anything from what we can see? He arrived at the scene after everything had gone down. It was Nicholas who ran the victim over, and Anthony who did all the stabbing
(Appreciate social media says more happened than the viewer is let in on)

Reactions: 14
I don't think I've ever seen anyone’s response to being interviewed quite as disturbing as watching Papworth. Absolutely chilling & I'd immediately say psychopath, but then the way he got upset over his daughter, doesn't fit that. A very dangerous man imo.

A truly awful, tragic & shocking incident. Such a waste of life over 'nothing'.

Reactions: 17
I don't think I've ever seen anyone’s response to being interviewed quite as disturbing as watching Papworth. Absolutely chilling & I'd immediately say psychopath, but then the way he got upset over his daughter, doesn't fit that. A very dangerous man imo.

A truly awful, tragic & shocking incident. Such a waste of life over 'nothing'.
The guy who did the stabbing had a similarly confusing way about him. Capable of stabbing three people over nothing yet shaking while being interviewed and writing heartfelt letters to his grandparent's. I guess the human brain is a complex thing.

Reactions: 23
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
The guy who did the stabbing had a similarly confusing way about him. Capable of stabbing three people over nothing yet shaking while being interviewed and writing heartfelt letters to his grandparent's. I guess the human brain is a complex thing.
This is exactly why people shouldn't carry weapons. A completely OK person can in the heat of the moment, with adrenaline pumping, do stupid tit. One being using the weapon on you which ends up killing people.

Reactions: 11
Just watching the second episode, Nick clearly felt that he was the victim. I think he only realised the severity of his actions when they showed him the CCTV ,even then his 'psychopathic' behaviour couldn't be hidden.

Reactions: 3
I haven’t watched it all yet so I’m going to comment quickly but not read comments on here until I’ve finished it. However, this has got to be one of the worst episodes I’ve seen and I’ve seen them all. I've never been so upset over an episode before & seeing how many people were there when they lit up the sky!

Reactions: 11
Yeah I didn't get him either , I don't think the shaking was an act the only explanation would be he was on something the night he did it , not that I'm saying it's an excuse it just crazy to think he stabbed 3 people multiple times!! He was probably scared who would be after him, I reckon there will be people in prison wanting revenge and he will be an easy target

Reactions: 10
Just finished the second episode and wow, that was honestly one of the worst I’ve seen. The CCTV was horrific. The poor families, the boys were clearly so loved and that should never have happened. Heartbreaking
---
There’s a hell of a lot on Facebook too, I feel awful for them having to re-live it all and the nation not being told everything that happened

Reactions: 9
I wonder if he was under the influencer of drugs,hence his uncontrollable behaviour and once he had come down reality of what happened started to sink in. I also wondered if the note to his grandparents was going to be a suicide note.

Reactions: 17
The CCTV was horrible to watch.

That Nick is a piece of work. His whole demeanour in the interviews was disgusting, then how he was smirking and laughing as soon as he left the room was awful.

I was on the fence with Anthony. He clearly felt remorse and obviously he did the right thing by speaking in the interview but at the same time, it's hard to feel sympathy for somebody who stabbed 3 people multiple times. That's more than a moment of madness.

• Heart
Reactions: 21