Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BarryEvansHun

I think it’s easy to get things wrong in a high stress situations. So not surprised if the police got details wrong.

Unfortunately it’s clear that UK police aren’t used to dealing with situations like this. They let it go on for far too long. I imagine from their perspective it’s a success as it was all resolved fairly amicably but tbh with you they shouldn’t pander to people like this. This is why sentencing and the whole system in the UK is an absolute joke
Not really. The negotiator did exactly what she was supposed to do. Negotiate without anyone, police or offenders, being killed. They were armed, dangerous, mentally ill and intoxicated. We are not America, and I am glad for that. If we were both of the men would have been shot multiple times in less than 5 minutes. A level of trust has to be reached between the offender and police for the best outcome, and that isn’t built in half an hour.

Reactions: 22

Leo100

VIP Member
Hadn't he just rocked up in the town as well? That was one of his justifications for going out at night, to let off steam or something because he didn't know anyone. God knows what he got up to where he lived before.
Wouldn't surprise me if he had done it too many times in his old place and was at risk of getting caught so moved away where he could "start again" it also shows how you don't know who people are he was so aggressive in those videos but when he was in the interview he acted more "normal" I bet people who know him had no idea , that's how scary it is

Reactions: 21

Ray_of_Sunshine

VIP Member
Just found an article online about this case - will post it when it has finished. Can't find out what "kind" of Dr he was except he is an expert in AI - he is now appealing his sentence.
I thought they were calling him a Dr at the end. This guy has to be one of the worst I’ve seen on this show. I was utterly sickened by what he was saying and with a grin on his face 🤮 my God those poor men.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
The CCTV was horrible to watch.

That Nick is a piece of work. His whole demeanour in the interviews was disgusting, then how he was smirking and laughing as soon as he left the room was awful.

I was on the fence with Anthony. He clearly felt remorse and obviously he did the right thing by speaking in the interview but at the same time, it's hard to feel sympathy for somebody who stabbed 3 people multiple times. That's more than a moment of madness.

• Heart

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
It was a really hard one to watch. He didn’t give a fuck either, he didn’t even flinch when they said it for what it really was - that he’d raped a vulnerable child.

Kind of off topic but the way they used a filter to disguise his most recent girlfriends identity really threw me. I thought she looked a bit weird at first until towards the end when you could sort of see it moving as she spoke

• Wow

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
Only thing that bothered him was when his scummy mate, who just happened to be being booked in as he was brought past, said that n..onces were being put into general population in prison as the special wing was too full!

That filter threw me too! Thought she'd got a bizarre squeaky voice & incredible bambi eyes 💫, until I realised 🤦‍♀️

Sketchy

VIP Member
I think it’s insane that people are giving money to them. Yes, it was unbelievably wrong that the two attempted burglars didn’t get a harsher sentence - but he wasn’t in the right either. Wild 🥴
I gave money to him, gladly, and will give more when I get paid. Not one of us knows how we'd react when seeing scummy bastards trying to rob us or break into our homes. These bastards came prepared, they were no novices at this sort of thing, have you seen their police record? And no, maybe he 'wasn't in the right, either' but he was the only one who lost his freedom, his home and his job, and is no doubt now feeling terrified and traumatized by the whole thing. The scummy bastards are laughing and trying to sue the actual victim.

• Heart

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Ridiculous that they’ve got away with ruining that poor couples life with barely even a slap on the wrist. Makes you wonder what the point is eh.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

shadowcat5

VIP Member
I’m not sure if I’m the only one who thinks this, but if his response to the burglars was to try and run them off the road (and maybe kill them) then does he have a measured response to other things in life?! If he and his wife argue for example, how does he respond to that?!
tbf to the bloke, it’s really easy for us to sit here and say that but imagine 2 people rocked up to your family home in the dark wearing masks, yielding a crowbar. Im not by any stretch justifying his actions here as they were reckless and disproportionate but to suggest he flies off the handle like that for anything because of 1 reaction to a situation that would put the fear of god in any one imo is a bit of a stretch.

Warpaint

VIP Member
It's a weird series these days - they'll throw out a couple of episodes then vanish for half a year.

ELFILY

VIP Member
Men like him make me scared about my daughter growing up, just don’t want her to have to deal with anyone like that. Feel like it’s just getting worse and worse.

• Sad

Warpaint

VIP Member
Very creepy guy. Constantly pushing boundaries. Gave off serial killer vibes when he was being interviewed.

eyeballs

VIP Member
I really think shows like this should be aired, it could prevent someone making a huge mistake like these men. It’s all just so sad all round.

Luce0331

VIP Member
I think perhaps, she was trying to ensure the situation didn't escalate and he kicked off at her. I have heard psychiatric nurses will use a similar approach when a patient is distressed about something, for instance the patient is highly agitated saying, I am not sick, the nurse will agree with them to diffuse the situation and calm the patient, even though the patient is obviously sick. Perhaps her approach is similar, it is not my decision, I dont make the rules so don't take it out on me. I mean this was a guy who ran over someone in cold blood because they pissed him off, you would want to keep him as calm possible I would have thought.
He wasn’t agitated at the police station though in fact he was pretty calm so there was no reason to think he would kick off. A simple ‘unfortunately due to the seriousness of the offence I won’t be able to grant you bail’ would have sufficed

WilmaHun

VIP Member
The mum really angered me, oh her poor son she won’t be able to see him free for years and her life will change! What about the mother of the man he stabbed 15 times she will never see her son again! Just self pity from that side and yes your son is a murderer simple as!
The whole “he’s not a murderer, he’s my son” comment really pissed me off. He will always be your son but the fact of the matter is he killed a man, therefore is a murderer. One stab wound I might have had more sympathy and believed it could be self defence, but 15? He knew what 15 stab wounds would do to someone.
The Mum in particular and Rob himself showed absolutely no remorse or sympathy towards the family of the man who was killed.

stardust1

VIP Member
From Facebook it seems like nicks daughters mum got murdered by her partner 3 years ago? Which is probably why he says she doesn’t have anyone else

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

MissTeddy

VIP Member
The murderer of Libby Squire had been stalking victims and undertaking voyerism in the build up to her murder. It’s a gateway crime. What a vile man.

Reactions: 19