24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't do twitter but googled about this case and Bedfordshire Police are really getting some grief on there.

Reactions: 13
What the duck as if that was a legitimate reason to have an abortion. It was as if they did that just so they could use it as a sympathy card for the whole situation. Iā€™m sure they couldā€™ve made it work even if she couldnā€™t live the exact same ā€œlifestyleā€ that sheā€™d become accustomed to, or whatever his words were. And to do it before he even knew what he was being charged with etc, just seems like his situation was an excuse. So, so weird

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
When you realise the system is not on your side. As soon as the motorbike thieves started milking their injuries, I knew they knew exactly how to play the system as well. The bloke made the mistake of being honest and telling the detectives exactly what happened hoping that the truth would prevail. Unfortunately he was extremely naive. No comment is your best friend (even if you're on the right side of lawless Britain).

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Personally, I donā€™t judge her/them at all for deciding to have a termination in that situationā€¦ I wouldnā€™t be talking about it on national television thoughā€¦ thatā€™s a situation to share with close friends and family (if you choose to).

I canā€™t believe the poor bloke got sent down for all that time. How can the judge think that it was in the public interest to send him to prison?

Them two little scrotes should have been sent down and I hope they feel the consequences of their actions everyday for the rest of their lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
That was a shocker.

The police are an utter embarassment and failure.
The justice system above the police didn't come up smelling of roses there either.

Reactions: 16
Personally, I donā€™t judge her/them at all for deciding to have a termination in that situationā€¦ I wouldnā€™t be talking about it on national television thoughā€¦ thatā€™s a situation to share with close friends and family (if you choose to).

I canā€™t believe the poor bloke got sent down for all that time. How can the judge think that it was in the public interest to send him to prison?

Them two little scrotes should have been sent down and I hope they feel the consequences of their actions everyday for the rest of their lives.
They won't give a F. I've seen people sharing tik toks on twitter where they're basically bragging about being on TV! Absolute waste of space the pair of them. They're apparently suing for a million aswell for their injuries šŸ˜’

Reactions: 10
The justice system in this country is a joke. Iā€™ve just said to my partner what is the bleeping point eh? You work hard and try and do the right thing. Adamā€™s mistake was telling the truth. Perhaps it may have been a different outcome if he too have presented a prepared statement and said he had no recollection.

As for his wife deciding not to continue with the pregnancy with what they were facingā€¦ā€¦.financial ruin, uncertainty, a criminal trial. I donā€™t think we should be judging her/them on that decision. They did what was right for them at the time. They will have to live with it for the rest of their lives. Iā€™m so sorry for the ordeal they have been through.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
That poor family, and before people judge her for having a termination- remember they lost their income, their home and he was lost his liberty and now has a criminal record. im sure her mental health was horrific dealing with it all - plus the fear of reprisals from the criminalā€˜s families etc. No judgement here.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
It's not going well for Beds Police on their twatter feed.

Cannot believe their media department thought it was a good idea to live-tweet along to the broadcast, on such a sensitive episode, and such smug tweets from them as well when the public are outraged. Such an own goal.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Utterly shocked at this weeks episodes as for public interest I think itā€™s far better for public to have those 2 little sh!ts in prison!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That poor family, and before people judge her for having a termination- remember they lost their income, their home and he was lost his liberty and now has a criminal record. im sure her mental health was horrific dealing with it all - plus the fear of reprisals from the criminalā€˜s families etc. No judgement here.
Exactly this!!! That family were going through enough, life savings spent on a barrister who probably let them know that jail time was a massive probability due to the crumbling justice system, courts come down harder on vigilantes than the actual criminals and the family would have been warned of this.
They made a decision that was best financially, emotionally and mentally for their family.
Maybe there reasons to tell the nation was to show just exactly how much they had lost by being victims of crime

Reactions: 19
Utterly shocked at this weeks episodes as for public interest I think itā€™s far better for public to have those 2 little sh!ts in prison!
Yes!!!! That poor man was not a risk for society! But those little shits were!!! Clearly they are a risk for society. Utter wastes of space. I was so furious watching that. That poor family. No judgement whatsoever from me. All that episode has done is show the scumbags how to play the system. 22 months in prison for him?! I hope heā€™s ok that must have been horrendous.

Reactions: 16