24 hours in Police Custody - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@stardust1 that’s interesting, I wonder if he was more involved than the show made it seem then.

This was the most shocking one I’ve seen. Anthony was shaking like a leaf, it was obvious he knew he was guilty.

Reactions: 9
@stardust1 that’s interesting, I wonder if he was more involved than the show made it seem then.

This was the most shocking one I’ve seen. Anthony was shaking like a leaf, it was obvious he knew he was guilty.
ive stumbled across a facebook page for the men who lost their life and comments all seem to be the same. So many family members saying they are disgusted and didnt want it aired

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
There was a programme on BBC called the Detectives about a drugs gang, a completely innocent man was caught in the middle of a fight & really badly injured. On the programme he mentioned that his mental health was poor (understandably) and he had suicidal thoughts, after the programme was aired he took his own life. It did make me wonder how much involvement the families of those involved & featured have & if they are given the correct after care etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Im sure there was similar comments about not agreeing with the show being aired from the family of the guy from another episode who was murdered in the flat and they showed him stumbling to the main door of the building. The one where that girl would meet people off Snapchat to rob them.

I thought they would need permission showing such graphic scenes and they had photos of the victims

Reactions: 12
Im sure there was similar comments about not agreeing with the show being aired from the family of the guy from another episode who was murdered in the flat and they showed him stumbling to the main door of the building. The one where that girl would meet people off Snapchat to rob them.

I thought they would need permission showing such graphic scenes and they had photos of the victims
I remember these comments about that.
I wonder what their rights are regarding permission needed then?

Reactions: 2

i think Ricky Neaves episode the family said they didn't give permission for that too

Reactions: 4
There was a programme on BBC called the Detectives about a drugs gang, a completely innocent man was caught in the middle of a fight & really badly injured. On the programme he mentioned that his mental health was poor (understandably) and he had suicidal thoughts, after the programme was aired he took his own life. It did make me wonder how much involvement the families of those involved & featured have & if they are given the correct after care etc.
Sorry I just have to correct this, the chap in this case sadly took his own life BEFORE the show aired x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry I just have to correct this, the chap in this case sadly took his own life BEFORE the show aired x
Was it? Sorry, that’s my mistake. I read about it after the show aired & I thought I read he’d taken his life afterwards. Just googled & it & you’re right. That was another extremely sad situation, needless violence with another innocent man & his family paying the price.

Was it? Sorry, that’s my mistake. I read about it after the show aired & I thought I read he’d taken his life afterwards. Just googled & it & you’re right. That was another extremely sad situation, needless violence with another innocent man & his family paying the price.
I was so sad when I saw that at the end of the programme. I found the programme fascinating to see how they try to take down OCGs but the fact that this poor guy got needlessly caught up in all that and it eventually cost him his life was so heartbreaking.

Reactions: 12
absolutely horrendous crimes, such awful footage too. was also confused about curtis long’s involvement

Reactions: 7
From Facebook it seems like nicks daughters mum got murdered by her partner 3 years ago? Which is probably why he says she doesn’t have anyone else

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
From Facebook it seems like nicks daughters mum got murdered by her partner 3 years ago? Which is probably why he says she doesn’t have anyone else
I thought it was really awful that there wasn’t one family member who could’ve taken her in, obviously got no relationship with the mum’s side either

Reactions: 9
I thought it was really awful that there wasn’t one family member who could’ve taken her in, obviously got no relationship with the mum’s side either
Nicks mam comes across as a really loving grandmother on Facebook so it seems odd that she went to foster placement instead.

Reactions: 4
I do love this show, one of the best police docs but it does seem they show cases against the will of the families quite often
Didn’t the recent one where the man was stabbed for his watch in a honey trap also state they didn’t want the footage of him collapsing aired?

Reactions: 8
Who gives the go-ahead to air these when the family say no? Is it the police or the TV crew?

Who gives the go-ahead to air these when the family say no? Is it the police or the TV crew?
I would've thought that they needed permission from the family to air this. The footage was so graphic and it feels unfair on loved ones to need to relive it. I understand its good for the public to see what dangers there are and how violence can escalate but not at the expense of others. I would feel upset if I said no I don't want it shown and they did it anyway.

Reactions: 8
Another tattler pointed me to the direction of Pat’s sisters post. Seems so much crucial info has not been shown and a lot of people have escapes jail time for their part in it