Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Well don’t worry you’re actually not missing anything as they’ve all scarpered anyway!

It’s kind of a shame because I understand they may be feeling disappointed and I actually have no problem with anyone airing how they are feeling. It’s clearly very polarising but there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to have a conversation just because one side has won.

ps. I actually think of muting people as rising above, I do it and then am like omg I am just rising above the bait. Then I remember I AM a petty Betty and I LIVE for that drama and unmute them 😂
In a normal circumstance, when both parties are relatively decent people, I would understand feeling disappointed.
However, I don't understand how you can support trump or his government. I just don't understand it. Whenever I see him I think of all those videos of immigrant children who don't recognise their own parents cause of the trauma they've suffered in those cages, and the ones who went missing, and the ones who died and suffered in those cages, and those kids in foster care who were denied loving, adoptive parents cause they passed a bill that stopped people from the LGBTQ+ community from adopting, and the all the black people who've suffered and died under Trump and years before that, and the women (and literal children) who would have to carry their rapists' baby to term because they were denied an abortion for no reason other than control, and everyone who has died from health issues that are preventable and treatable but the repeal of Obamacare made health care inaccessible, and everyone who has died from gun violence unnecessarily, or the muslims that were targeted for nothing other than racism, I could go on. I know America has never been perfect but no one can argue that didn't get worse under Trump. I don't want to hear the other side. I don't want to hear someone try to justify the suffering by saying "yeah but he's done good for xyz". There is no amount of good that could outweigh the bad.

and before anyone says anything - yes I am aware that the cages where built under the Obama administration but they were used as temporary holding for no more than 72 hours until immigrants could be processed and sent to the department of health and human services. Children were kept with their parents, fed and relatively cared for.

ETA: I don't want to be intentionally provocative with this post. Just posting my opinion and if the mods would like to remove it then that is fair enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Moonstone

I love the whole ‘Boris is unwell, he looks terrible, something is wrong he needs to resign’ narrative.

he’s always looked terrible?

I don’t see him resigning in January personally, being PM is his wet dream. Even if Biden gives him a harder time over Brexit.
I know you guys are going to make fun of me because I’m a silly American but I have to tell you all that when I first saw Boris on TV for the first time ever I genuinely as in GENUINELY thought it was a comedy show and someone was wearing a wig to make fun of someone else. I am so sorry, I hope I don’t offend - I just can’t figure out his hair situation? He looks really rough all the time, like he just rolled outta bed and straight to the podium.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

JLXRD

VIP Member
Lol just seen a Trump supporter tweet that they are packing their bags and moving to England if Trump loses as we know how to run a country.

1. lol you’re sadly misinformed
2. Please don’t 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Moonstone

I’m sure many are aware of the below but for some some that might not be - Biden lost his wife & infant daughter in an accident a week before Christmas and then his son Beau to cancer. People also make fun of his son’s Hunter’s struggles ie drug addiction (not going to go into the other conspiracies) and it hurts my heart so much - even Trump made fun of his son being in rehab during a debate here in the US. Hunter survived that car crash but that day he lost his mommy and sister at the age of 2 and he suffered a fractured skull. Years later, he lost his only sibling left to cancer. I can’t even imagine going through this all and it made me cry seeing Biden having to defend his son and saying that he will always love him despite his addiction.

Neilia Hunter Biden (July 28, 1942 – December 18, 1972) was an American educator and the first wife of former Vice President Joe Biden. She died in a car crash in 1972 with her infant daughter, Naomi; her two sons, Beau and Hunter, were severely injured but survived.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

openbook1

VIP Member
Just saw this comment and it's so true:

"
Much love and respect to the speech language pathologists who have worked with Biden through the years. I didn’t even realize he had a stutter until this year.

I’m so proud that our next president is considered differently abled. Not only is it inspiring, I know he understands what it means to live with a disability."

Fuck anyone who tries to label his stutter as "cognitive decline." Joe is incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

JLXRD

VIP Member
Biden is a really unsuitable person for the job, because of his age and health. Why elect someone who will most likely not be in the job for very long.
Biden is 3 years older than Trump? We don’t have any evidence of ill health in Biden.

I would question Trumps mental health given the last 4 years and even more so the last 2 days.

• Heart

JLXRD

VIP Member
Seeing the videos of people in America celebrating truly shows this was about more than just this election.

I feel like this is the first time I’ve (as an adult) seen what I would term to be the ‘good’ side win an election. It’s given me a bit of hope that maybe people actually aren’t mostly bad.

(don’t come for me Republicans, I’m not saying you’re all evil but what Trump stands for is to me, sorry not sorry)

• Heart

Moonstone

After 4 years of Trump, watching Biden speak is like a kid listening to Santa Clause 🤣
Glad I’m not the only one. Also, lots (and especially Trump) have made fun of how he speaks but he’s dealt with stuttering his entire life.

"It has nothing to do with your intelligence quotient. It has nothing to do with your intellectual makeup," Biden said. "You know, stuttering, when you think about it, is the only handicap that people still laugh about. That still humiliate people about. And they don't even mean to."

Just the other day he introduced his granddaughter by starting with ‘This is my son Beau......’ he was trying to say this is my son Beau’s DAUGHTER (cause she is) but he paused and then he said ‘it’s my granddaughter Natalie’ and of course, everyone on trumps side reported it as him saying that’s his son - wtf. It was obvious he was trying to say it’s his son’s daughter. His son died btw, I’m sure he got emotional, too. They do this shit all the time to make him look crazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Juleslmc

Biden is a really unsuitable person for the job, because of his age and health. Why elect someone who will most likely not be in the job for very long.
There is nothing wrong with Biden’s health. He isn’t the one eating McDonalds and KFC everyday while struggling with heart disease and recovering from Covid. If you are referring to Bidens speech as his ‘health concern’, well that would be because he has a stutter which he has had to overcome his whole life. If you have an issue with people who have overcome lifetime speech disabilities I don’t know what to tell you.
Biden is 77. Trump is 74. Don’t see the huge difference in age.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Meh

Chatty Member
The cynic in me screams press team 😂😂

you just know Harris is wondering how long it will be until she can put him out to pasture 😆

where the fuck is Donald 😂 maybe he can’t get wifi outside the White House, for the twitter 😕
They have taken his phone off him, gave him some chocolate milk and sat him in a room to watch Sesame Street.

One thing I hate is all the jabs at Biden when he is speaking and is clearly using techniques to prevent his stutter emerging. It’s only bullying fucks who mock people with speech impediments. A real pet peeve of mine.

• Heart

Moonstone

I keep thinking, had Trump actually won, there wouldn’t have been any of this ‘the system is rigged’ conspiracy theory, it would have been ‘we have the most beautiful, the most wonderful, amazing, best you’ve ever seen system in the world!’ - funny how that works.

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
What's everyone's thoughts on all the voting fraud, I think Trump will be staying in the White House.
Voting fraud?

Hmm. There does seem to be a ridiculous number of votes cast in Trumps name. Something dodgy has to be going on....

• Haha

Meh

Chatty Member
Trump is many things. Throughout his life he’s always managed to protect his brand and image. No one could do anything as great as Trump.

He expected to walk this election and his reaction after the fact shows this;

He under estimated his opponents, the liberal grass roots activism in the wake of BLM and multiple police killing travesties HE defended;

He underestimated the centre/moderate frustration with how he and his administration were acting on the world stage - the humiliation of America;

He underestimated the revulsion felt when he defended and enabled Neo-Nazis as “fine people”;

He underestimated the desire for Presidential normalcy - the twitter obsession was getting out of hand;

He massively underestimated the Covid-19 pandemic, told people it was nothing, blamed China, refused action, told them to look at injecting bleach. All the while USA became the worst impacted nation;

He over estimated his own team- over years the revolving door of advisors and staff. Only sycophantic grovellers need apply;

He over estimated his appeal - never once attempting to reach consensus with Democratic states / leaders;

He over estimated his power and political reach - he truly believed a phone call to his stooges on the Supreme bench would sort this election issue.

Mostly he over estimated HIMSELF. Now he faces a new, very public and cannot be spun reality: he is a LOSER.

PS- sorry- I’ll stop posting massive comments!! Just to excited for a post Trump era!!

• Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I know there have been concerns with Biden and the alleged dementia but I have to say watching him addressing America he comes across as a lot calmer and measured then trump. Whilst Trump is about division, Bidens taking a different approach taking about unifying the country.

Reactions: 26

Meh

Chatty Member
Personally I think people need to cool their jets. It’s not over yet.
This is interesting. I’m genuinely curious: why do you think it’s not over and what do you think Trump can do at this point?

It is, clearly, over. Multiple electoral law, constitutional law and lawyers who argue before the Supreme Court have emphatically stated there is absolutely no legal recourse for Trump.

I hear the “main stream media have no right to call elections” Any attempt to claim “the media” were hasty is RIDICULOUS. We waited, approximately 84 years for it to be called.

Another “votes still being counted” argument. Well, this Makes me chuckle especially when spouted from people who have been screaming to stop the legally cast votes from being counted 🤷🏻‍♀️

Trumps 2am press conference on election night/morning...he claimed Georgia and Pennsylvania he had won an “there is no way he can catch us, no way” Now, I am no maths genius HOWEVER, if I led a state by 500, 000 votes and there were over 2,900 000 uncounted votes (Penn) I would know they most definitely could catch us. So, unlike Trump, “the media” have waited until there is mathematically no way back for Trump before declaring it. If it were “normal” times we would have got a confirmation early Friday.

Trump’s lawsuits? Don’t make me laugh. Tough lesson ahead for ok’ Trumpy that running a country was NEVER the same as running a business. He’ll learn, finally, that money, power, intimidation and bully boy antics can only get you so far. He can’t sue his way to a “win” here.

We have seen a win on the world stage for decency, quietly hard working people who are compassionate and share centrist (with some left but definitely not “radical left”) leanings.

Trump can either go now. Or he can scream and huff and go in a couple months. Either way he’s out in January. If Trump truly cared about Republicans he wouldn’t be destroying their reputation. These antics do not paint the majority of moderate/normal republican members well. He needs to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

birdiefly246

VIP Member
Apparently Trump was playing golf when he was told. I'm picturing broken golf clubs and whaking up clumps of grass 🤣

and just to top it off, Farage will have lost £10,000

• Haha
Reactions: 25