2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Boris will have to keep a lid on his comments such as pickaninny and postbox Muslims. It’s not going to fly with Joe and Kamala. Susan Rice is also one of the name touted for foreign secretary.

Reactions: 7
Does today seem a good day to everyone else. It's really damp and foggy here but we are all happy in this house

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Just for you @monga 😂🤪

their website is live! Build back better, Poor Donald 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Has anyone heard that there are potential criminal charges pending against Trump that could not be perused while he was President and that that is a reason he is so desperate to hold on to his Presidency? I hadn’t heard about this before and I’m not saying it’s true but just been reading this article and will be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: 13
I love the whole ‘Boris is unwell, he looks terrible, something is wrong he needs to resign’ narrative.

he’s always looked terrible?

I don’t see him resigning in January personally, being PM is his wet dream. Even if Biden gives him a harder time over Brexit.
I know you guys are going to make fun of me because I’m a silly American but I have to tell you all that when I first saw Boris on TV for the first time ever I genuinely as in GENUINELY thought it was a comedy show and someone was wearing a wig to make fun of someone else. I am so sorry, I hope I don’t offend - I just can’t figure out his hair situation? He looks really rough all the time, like he just rolled outta bed and straight to the podium.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I know you guys are going to make fun of me because I’m a silly American but I have to tell you all that when I first saw Boris on TV for the first time ever I genuinely as in GENUINELY thought it was a comedy show and someone was wearing a wig to make fun of someone else. I am so sorry, I hope I don’t offend - I just can’t figure out his hair situation? He looks really rough all the time, like he just rolled outta bed and straight to the podium.
You haven’t offended me. Everything you’ve said is true. He’s an embarassment.

Reactions: 19
Not at all! When he first came on my radar I wondered if he was a parody figure 😂

Reactions: 6
Has anyone heard that there are potential criminal charges pending against Trump that could not be perused while he was President and that that is a reason he is so desperate to hold on to his Presidency? I hadn’t heard about this before and I’m not saying it’s true but just been reading this article and will be interesting to see what happens.

I've seen quite a few things about this on Twitter and one thing on Tiktok (which im far too old to be on but never mind) about one of the rape trials - A lady kept her dress (from something years ago) and if his DNA is on it, he could get charged.

Doubt anything will come from it all as he's so slippery but you never know

Be slightly ironic if after all his lock her up at Hillary, he was the one that was in fact locked up. 👏🏻

Reactions: 8
I've seen quite a few things about this on Twitter and one thing on Tiktok (which im far too old to be on but never mind) about one of the rape trials - A lady kept her dress (from something years ago) and if his DNA is on it, he could get charged.

Doubt anything will come from it all as he's so slippery but you never know

Be slightly ironic if after all his lock her up at Hillary, he was the one that was in fact locked up. 👏🏻
I really don’t understand how Trump has so many sexual assault allegations surrounding him but his supporters gloss over that while throwing even worse allegations at other people

Reactions: 9
This is from the times a while back, and I agree with it. You need to focus on the U.K. not just Brexit and Boris Johnson 😕

And though Biden has expressed his personal disapproval of Brexit, and made clear his interests in defending Ireland amid the negotiation process, it would be a mistake to cast aside the depth of the UK-US “special relationship”. What Biden offers the UK is a long-term reassertion of the country’s shared interests on foreign policy, climate change, and diplomatic standards that Trump in recent years has upended totally.
It is no secret that those at the helm of No 10 are inherently short-termist in their approach – favouring political expediency over long-term ideological projects. A Biden presidency may force a reassessment of these priorities and a rethinking of the current political strategy of playing fast and loose with the political status of Northern Ireland.

But what is good for Johnson in the short term does not translate into Britain’s long-term benefit. And crucially, this is not a diplomatic zero-sum game: what is good for Ireland is not necessarily bad for Boris. Rather, in Biden there may be a diplomatic rebalancing that works to the mutual benefit of Britain outside of the European Union and the ongoing peace in Northern Ireland.

Also from the times, Background for anyone who isn’t into the Irish side of things;
On September 16th Biden tweeted: “We can’t allow the Good Friday Agreement that brought peace to NI to become a casualty of Brexit. Any trade deal between the US and UK must be contingent upon respect for the Agreement and preventing the return of a hard border. Period.”
(Democrats are proud of their role in negotiating the 1998 settlement – seeing peace in Northern Ireland as something of an American legacy)

BOJO KNEW WHAT HE WAS WALKING INTO! 🤦‍♀️
We can only focus on that once Boris has packed his bags and when will that be ? can the north afford to go 4 yrs with a food and med shortage (that's predicted) and we still don't know how things will materialise with the virus .I think Biden will have enough on his plate trying to MAGA without other countries pulling at his purse strings ,especially countries have have very little to offer compared to the great EU..And I don't get the whole Peace process thing do people really believe the the IRA and UDA and the rest of the terrorist organisations have gone away they're as active today as they've always been ,only half have put down the gun to claim a political wage from the state and the other are what's know as dissidents and still hold the guns,that's caused a massive divide in these organisations,that BTW America have heavily funded over the years .I can't see how that would change🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Biden is so much more graceful than Trump. Trump constantly attacked Biden's family, his son Hunter having had a drug addiction which he's overcome. He also called military people that died in war suckers and losers, which I'm sure was insulting to Biden as his son Beau fought in the military. But not once did Biden attack Trump's family even though there was a lot he could have said. He lost a lot of military votes because of that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/615997/

Reactions: 15
I really don’t understand how Trump has so many sexual assault allegations surrounding him but his supporters gloss over that while throwing even worse allegations at other people
I've never understood this - it's like he can do no wrong but if anyone else has any sniff of some wrong doing, they're evil and should be vilified for it?

That's why I think it's like a cult - a lot of his followers just blindly follow what he says - he says fraud and they start shouting fraud, or stop counting/start counting.

It's insanity really

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I've never understood this - it's like he can do no wrong but if anyone else has any sniff of some wrong doing, they're evil and should be vilified for it?

That's why I think it's like a cult - a lot of his followers just blindly follow what he says - he says fraud and they start shouting fraud, or stop counting/start counting.

It's insanity really
I completely agree with you. Isn’t some of this stuff to do with Epstein? Yet Trump was friends with him, there are pictures an videos of them together. But nothing. Then there are rumours that Tom Hanks flew on Epsteins plane, yet there is no log of that, and he’s QA child abuser. Also Trump wished Ghislaine Maxwell well earlier this year, had Oprah done that it would have reinforced that she’s part of this child trafficking ring. It is a cult. It’s the thing that’s scared me most since isis. There were people posting on here that Chrissy Tegan had sacrificed her baby, utterly vile and how anyone can believe such a thing...well I just don’t know. Let alone say it without a scrap of evidence. It’s truly terrifying the things they believe because a stranger on the internet says it’s true 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I think Trump gave them permission to live their prejudices and even worse, validated them. I feel bad for Republicans who have been tarred with the perception.

Biden’s biggest challenge is going to be to pull the two extremes of political zealot who are hellbent on their agendas closer together. He is president for everyone in the US, after all.

Reactions: 10
Biden is a really unsuitable person for the job, because of his age and health. Why elect someone who will most likely not be in the job for very long.
Methinks you’re clutching at straws now.....The Donald is only a few years younger and has displayed many signs of serious mental health issues throughout his presidency. Add to that his poor diet not doing him any favours healthwise and insistence on his medical reports being written by himself instead of by his doctors etc...it does make you wonder why 🤔
*Edited to correct grammar

Last edited:
Reactions: 10

It's insanity really
this is a good article on why Trump lost but yes, it seems like he could have done anything and his ultra far right supporters wouldn’t have been phased by it.
https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-54788636
B037B08E-A06A-4EFD-AA00-39CAA6737532.jpeg

Reactions: 4
lol the first time I noticed him was when I was living in London and this happened 😂

1604844591972.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I completely agree with you. Isn’t some of this stuff to do with Epstein? Yet Trump was friends with him, there are pictures an videos of them together. But nothing. Then there are rumours that Tom Hanks flew on Epsteins plane, yet there is no log of that, and he’s QA child abuser. Also Trump wished Ghislaine Maxwell well earlier this year, had Oprah done that it would have reinforced that she’s part of this child trafficking ring. It is a cult. It’s the thing that’s scared me most since isis. There were people posting on here that Chrissy Tegan had sacrificed her baby, utterly vile and how anyone can believe such a thing...well I just don’t know. Let alone say it without a scrap of evidence. It’s truly terrifying the things they believe because a stranger on the internet says it’s true 🤷🏻‍♀️
Everything Trump says others have done is actually what he's done/accused of

Reactions: 9
lol the first time I noticed him was when I was living in London and this happened 😂

View attachment 303531

😂

I will agree that Boris *looks* like a bumbling idiot, but I think and have read articles about how it is all an act. He won a scholarship to go to Eton, and then he attended Oxford and did very well there. He's an intelligent man. He might not have common sense, or even grace, but he's not stupid. Now, Trump on the other hand...

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.