2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are many large jurisdictions that are still counting ballots, several court challenges for impropriety in ballot handling (one of which is already before the US Supreme Court) and at least two large states that will be required by law to undergo a hand recount due to the very thin margins between the two candidates. Once each state's electors certify thier counts with each of the 50 states, then those certifications must then be certified as accepted by Congress before any President is lawfully certified.

So has Biden won it or not? I’m assuming so, regardless of the above? It would be a pretty bold move if not.

The president must be sworn in on January the 20th.
The whole process takes a couple months. Here is the timeline

Reactions: 1
There are many large jurisdictions that are still counting ballots, several court challenges for impropriety in ballot handling (one of which is already before the US Supreme Court) and at least two large states that will be required by law to undergo a hand recount due to the very thin margins between the two candidates. Once each state's electors certify thier counts with each of the 50 states, then those certifications must then be certified as accepted by Congress before any President is lawfully certified.

So has Biden won it or not? I’m assuming so, regardless of the above? It would be a pretty bold move if not.

Yes correct Biden has won regardless of what Trump tries to do. None of it will stick!

The only states Trump can recount are GA and AZ but neither have called their election yet so neither Biden or Trump have been awarded the electoral votes( Biden is ahead in both). Chances are if they do a recount Biden will still win both states which will bring him to 306 electoral votes. Even if Trump magically won GA and AZ ( which Biden has been called for in both) it would only bring Trump to 251 so either way Biden is past 270 electoral votes which makes him president elect ( Sorry not sure if I’m making sense. Alot of numbers.)
Trump can fight this all he wants. He is just blowing smoke. None of it will stick. They are now deciding who in the WH will convince him to concede. They are already starting to turn on one another. Jared being the first in the firing line. There is a reason Trump was told to go golfing today when it was announced Biden won. This administration is pathetic, the way they handle this man with kids gloves.

Reactions: 15

Experts have said over and over, a recount might change the results by a few dozen votes max., maybe not at all. Certainly not by the thousands Biden currently leads. Trump and his team can try to sue or cry foul without proof all they want, the U.S., and the world have moved on already.

Reactions: 10
I thought both their speeches were great, simple, no nonsense and the message was clear

I doubt the Trumpers and republicans will listen to him, but if they do, could be the healing the US needs

Thought what Kamala and Biden said about women - and black women in particular was amazing

Can we have the same here now please?

Reactions: 10
I'm still chuckling this morning about the Four Seasons mix up. Four Seasons Total Landscaping is next to a very dodgy-looking sex shop as well, it couldn't have been more perfect!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Personally I think people need to cool their jets. It’s not over yet.
This is interesting. I’m genuinely curious: why do you think it’s not over and what do you think Trump can do at this point?

It is, clearly, over. Multiple electoral law, constitutional law and lawyers who argue before the Supreme Court have emphatically stated there is absolutely no legal recourse for Trump.

I hear the “main stream media have no right to call elections” Any attempt to claim “the media” were hasty is RIDICULOUS. We waited, approximately 84 years for it to be called.

Another “votes still being counted” argument. Well, this Makes me chuckle especially when spouted from people who have been screaming to stop the legally cast votes from being counted 🤷🏻‍♀️

Trumps 2am press conference on election night/morning...he claimed Georgia and Pennsylvania he had won an “there is no way he can catch us, no way” Now, I am no maths genius HOWEVER, if I led a state by 500, 000 votes and there were over 2,900 000 uncounted votes (Penn) I would know they most definitely could catch us. So, unlike Trump, “the media” have waited until there is mathematically no way back for Trump before declaring it. If it were “normal” times we would have got a confirmation early Friday.

Trump’s lawsuits? Don’t make me laugh. Tough lesson ahead for ok’ Trumpy that running a country was NEVER the same as running a business. He’ll learn, finally, that money, power, intimidation and bully boy antics can only get you so far. He can’t sue his way to a “win” here.

We have seen a win on the world stage for decency, quietly hard working people who are compassionate and share centrist (with some left but definitely not “radical left”) leanings.

Trump can either go now. Or he can scream and huff and go in a couple months. Either way he’s out in January. If Trump truly cared about Republicans he wouldn’t be destroying their reputation. These antics do not paint the majority of moderate/normal republican members well. He needs to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
watching (some) trump supporters the quote

“Some (men) people just want to watch the world burn”

springs to mind

Reactions: 9
Just caught up with the speeches from last night. They made me really emotional. It was all WE will do, not I I I that we’ve heard for the last 4 years.

It has been pretty quiet on the streets, very little unrest but from reading comments online it does seem that Trumps supporters are absolutely convinced he is still going to win and that all the legal stuff will go in his favour. I’m extremely concerned what will happen when it becomes apparent that is not true.

On another note I really hope that Stacey Abrams gets a role in the cabinet because her un relentless ground work for 2 years even after a defeat won the democrats Georgia.

Reactions: 13
The trump supporters seem to think this will be Bush vs Gore again.

difference is (if I remember correctly) there was dispute over one state! even if they re-count the states that Trump is adament he won in, it won’t make a difference and he (and his followers) need to see that.

they didn’t have an issue with the media calling presidency when it was trump vs Clinton, but all of a sudden now its ‘media doesn’t call elections’

Unfortunately even if this goes to court and Trump loses people will still believe this was all a conspiracy against him.

Reactions: 12
The trump supporters seem to think this will be Bush vs Gore again.
Correct. Bush took Florida with only something like 500 votes.

There are some really good articles which simplify down the comparisons to the 2000 election, explain the constitutional amendments they are using in their arguments etc. and explain what result is likely.

Reactions: 3
I’m still laughing at the duck-up which lead to them booking the wrong four seasons and ending up at ‘four seasons landscaping lot’ The press conference was funny - especially as Biden’s win was announced during it and poor Guiliani was very befuddled. I was nearly expecting Borat to jump out of the ‘adult book store’ and hand him a didlo

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They’re all on “favourite conspiracies #5” thread talking about this one 🤣😅
They need to get a grip. The trump memes are comedy gold, yet trump fans act like people are being super offensive or something. I’d laugh even if I was a trump fan tbh. His behaviour has been that of a 5 year old. They should have courage behind their convictions and come and stand up for their beliefs but instead they turn sour and start slagging this thread off in another one because something happened that they don’t like and of course it’s all some massive conspiracy🙄 Sounds like very Trump-ish behaviour to me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
It's over for Trump, Biden will be president. But the damage to democracy Trump has caused cannot be undone. There will always be people now who think it was fraud.

Reactions: 16
I never liked Trump as a person or a President, but this election result is just wrong. I am really concerned about the motives, and the tactics used in this election. God help America.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
For the firework display they played "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay, most people will not know this was the song played at his son's funeral in 2015. Very moving.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I never liked Trump as a person or a President, but this election result is just wrong. I am really concerned about the motives, and the tactics used in this election. God help America.
How can it be wrong when it’s what the people voted for? This is how democracy works.

I am not someone who thinks Biden is the second coming of Jesus or anything but anyone would have been better than Trump at this point, he is very clearly losing the plot and has caused so much unrest and division in America. A man who has never been told ‘no’ in his life got the biggest ‘no’ ever from his own people and he can barley stand it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.