2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How hard is it to change the Amendments to reflect current times and why don't they do it? I don't know enough about America to know if this is even possible as it seems too easy to say it if no one has done it yet?
As far as I understand, the NRA lobbies Republicans to not do it with a lot of money. If the Democrats tried to put a stop to it, it would be incredibly difficult, especially in the current climate where they don’t have a big majority (so far, judging by the election).
There would be a lot of protests with a lot of armed people, which is never a good idea. Also changing American constitution is very difficult as well. If you look at the ERA, it still hasn’t properly been ratified.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
What's the next update we are due? I'm in the UK watching CNN but this whole thing confuses me.
Are any states due to announce today? I know the result may not be known until tomorrow but unclear as to what's happening next
I don't think anyone knows! They just said Nevada will be later this morning (US time) - I'm guessing around lunchtime our time possibly?

Reactions: 2
How hard is it to change the Amendments to reflect current times and why don't they do it? I don't know enough about America to know if this is even possible as it seems too easy to say it if no one has done it yet?
The US constitution can only be changed by amending the document itself i.e. states introducing laws that prohibit gun ownership will be dragged before the courts and declared unconstitutional and struck down.

Constitutional amendments are notoriously hard to pass - two thirds majority in both houses to pass or two thirds of states to propose it and then ratification by three quarters of all states. As someone stated above this one would never - the NRA are hugely powerful and bankroll a good deal of candidates.

• Sad
  • Wow
I know we do have some Trump supporters who have been active on these election threads who have made really interesting contributions in the past,

I don’t want to call on anyone incase they’d rather sit this out but I would be interested to know how they’re feeling right now, and do the stand with and agree with Trump and his actions/tweets over the last 48 hours

Reactions: 16
Lol just seen a Trump supporter tweet that they are packing their bags and moving to England if Trump loses as we know how to run a country.

1. lol you’re sadly misinformed
2. Please don’t 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ok this is so confusing. Just read trump has won Arizona? Thought it was declared For Biden?

Arizona election results (Estimated >99% in)
Biden 1,469,341 50.5% (+2.4)
Trump 1,400,951 48.1%

Biden leads with 69k

Reactions: 6
Lol just seen a Trump supporter tweet that they are packing their bags and moving to England if Trump loses as we know how to run a country.

1. lol you’re sadly misinformed
2. Please don’t 🙃
Christ ...we’ve got more than enough trouble of our own 🙆🏼‍♀️😂

Phew! Thanks.

I saw the numbers then I saw people tweeting Trump won AZ, so was confused

Trump is a textbook narcissist who’s simply not used to losing and not getting his own way. Unfortunately he’s sacked all the advisors who were objective with him and didn’t lick his backside, so there’s no one left to take him aside and tell him to get a grip.

Trump is now only 18k ahead in Georgia.

GEORGIA UPDATE - 98% REPORTED
BIDEN - 49.2%
TRUMP - 49.6%
GAP IS 18,540 (down from 22,567)
223,862 LEFT TO BE COUNTED

Reactions: 4
The US is scary place. Flawed democracy seems too delicate a term to describe them. This is ludicrous
1604573952132.png

• Wow
I know we do have some Trump supporters who have been active on these election threads who have made really interesting contributions in the past,

I don’t want to call on anyone incase they’d rather sit this out but I would be interested to know how they’re feeling right now, and do the stand with and agree with Trump and his actions/tweets over the last 48 hours
Violence and intimidation is not okay no matter what side it’s coming from.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I think it’s fairly well known that I am Team Trump. I am sitting back at the moment and taking everything in. I don’t think he is doing himself any favours at the moment. Happy to come back at a later date when all results are in and we have an official outcome and have a discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I have previously commented in support of Trump. I'm reluctant to get involved due to a previous poster calling Trump supporters 'Cunts' and honestly I think thats out of order, we all have different views.
With regards to his tweets/actions he is not shining himself in a good light and whoever is advising him is doing a terrible job! I have seen lots of reports on twitter from early on Tuesday evening (US time), early hours here when trump was in the lead saying there was evidence of tampering in Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada. He is well within his rights to ask for a recount and the democrats have done it previously. The dramatics need to stop but I do feel like something underhand has gone on in some states and I don't believe it is just a case of Trump being a 'sore loser'. I do think the Trump campaign should keep quiet for now and do the investigations they need.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have previously commented in support of Trump. I'm reluctant to get involved due to a previous poster calling Trump supporters 'Cunts' and honestly I think thats out of order, we all have different views.
With regards to his tweets/actions he is not shining himself in a good light and whoever is advising him is doing a terrible job! I have seen lots of reports on twitter from early on Tuesday evening (US time), early hours here when trump was in the lead saying there was evidence of tampering in Wisconsin, Arizona and Nevada. He is well within his rights to ask for a recount and the democrats have done it previously. The dramatics need to stop but I do feel like something underhand has gone on in some states and I don't believe it is just a case of Trump being a 'sore loser'. I do think the Trump campaign should keep quiet for now and do the investigations they need.
There’s others here who would end a friendship over it. No wonder the majority of Trump supporters keep a dignified silence.

• Haha
  • Heart
It's difficult to listen to Trump or his supporters crying "fraud" when he himself and his whole campaign have been prepping this conspiracy theory for months and months.

Recounts are allowed to be requested of course - but I believe that's only within certain percentage brackets? i.e. Wisconsin will probably be one he'd want recounted.

Reactions: 15
There’s others here who would end a friendship over it. No wonder the majority of Trump supporters keep a dignified silence.
I saw that! Think it was the same person who called all trump supporters a name. I wouldn't want them to be my friend anyway :LOL:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.