2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well don’t worry you’re actually not missing anything as they’ve all scarpered anyway!

It’s kind of a shame because I understand they may be feeling disappointed and I actually have no problem with anyone airing how they are feeling. It’s clearly very polarising but there’s no reason we shouldn’t be able to have a conversation just because one side has won.

ps. I actually think of muting people as rising above, I do it and then am like omg I am just rising above the bait. Then I remember I AM a petty Betty and I LIVE for that drama and unmute them 😂
In a normal circumstance, when both parties are relatively decent people, I would understand feeling disappointed.
However, I don't understand how you can support trump or his government. I just don't understand it. Whenever I see him I think of all those videos of immigrant children who don't recognise their own parents cause of the trauma they've suffered in those cages, and the ones who went missing, and the ones who died and suffered in those cages, and those kids in foster care who were denied loving, adoptive parents cause they passed a bill that stopped people from the LGBTQ+ community from adopting, and the all the black people who've suffered and died under Trump and years before that, and the women (and literal children) who would have to carry their rapists' baby to term because they were denied an abortion for no reason other than control, and everyone who has died from health issues that are preventable and treatable but the repeal of Obamacare made health care inaccessible, and everyone who has died from gun violence unnecessarily, or the muslims that were targeted for nothing other than racism, I could go on. I know America has never been perfect but no one can argue that didn't get worse under Trump. I don't want to hear the other side. I don't want to hear someone try to justify the suffering by saying "yeah but he's done good for xyz". There is no amount of good that could outweigh the bad.

and before anyone says anything - yes I am aware that the cages where built under the Obama administration but they were used as temporary holding for no more than 72 hours until immigrants could be processed and sent to the department of health and human services. Children were kept with their parents, fed and relatively cared for.

ETA: I don't want to be intentionally provocative with this post. Just posting my opinion and if the mods would like to remove it then that is fair enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It’s a complicated issue but Biden wants to protect a woman’s right to chose whilst Trump would have near banned it.
I have to respond to this just because Trumps abortion argument drives me bonkers. It’s complete scaremongering on his part. The only reason Trump ‘pretends’ to care about abortion is to play to his Evangelical religious base. The man had no issue with abortion in the past and there are plenty of rumors out there ( I say rumors because I know his current base don’t want to believe it) that Trump has gotten multiple women pregnant throughout his life and paid them to get abortions.
Sorry I didn’t mean to direct this at you @Hinkypunk. I just personally get so angry with Trumps fake narrative.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I have to respond to this just because Trumps abortion argument drives me bonkers. It’s complete scaremongering on his part. The only reason Trump ‘pretends’ to care about abortion is to play to his Evangelical religious base. The man had no issue with abortion in the past and there are plenty of rumors out there ( I say rumors because I know his current base don’t want to believe it) that Trump has gotten multiple women pregnant throughout his life and paid them to get abortions.
Sorry I didn’t mean to direct this at you @Hinkypunk. I just personally get so angry with Trumps fake narrative.
Yes, this is exactly it 👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ok not sure if this has been posted already but stick a fork in me I'm done 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This is interesting, I'm pro-choice up to a point. Late term abortions (unless needed for medical reasons) just seem so ridiculous. As for trump paying women to have abortions? oh 1000%.
Besides that what this election (even before then) has taught me is that I could never be officially for the left anymore, especially not an extreme leftist, for now I'm right down the center of the political spectrum. Maybe I'll go rep/ full - conservative in the future if the party changes their stance on some of the issues that keep me as a centrist. That crooked ass man at least got me to pay attention to politics and discover myself a bit more, glad I'm more aware now and hope the entertainment won't be completely gone with Trump in handcuffs :)

Edit: I'm saying "if the party" because the talking points are usually about the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Ah her speech is getting me right in the feels. When she spoke of her mother and when she spoke of her being the first female VP, that she stands on the shoulders of all those women who fought for the right to vote.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ah her speech is getting me right in the feels. When she spoke of her mother and when she spoke of her being the first female VP, that's he stands on the shoulders of all those women who fought for the right to vote.
Yeah I'm crying my eyes out here 😂 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Great speeches especially Biden speaking off the cuff like that 🇺🇸

Reactions: 6
Kudos to both as they appear to have both done speeches without notes or seemingly, autocue. Said with real emotion and conviction.

Reactions: 8
Crying my eyes out, the speeches and celebration were beautiful, emotive and a healing balm. I'm so happy for my US friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The speeches were great, actually felt emotional watching. It really is exciting to have a woman as vice president of the US.

Reactions: 12
Just saw this comment and it's so true:

"
Much love and respect to the speech language pathologists who have worked with Biden through the years. I didn’t even realize he had a stutter until this year.

I’m so proud that our next president is considered differently abled. Not only is it inspiring, I know he understands what it means to live with a disability."

duck anyone who tries to label his stutter as "cognitive decline." Joe is incredible.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
There are many large jurisdictions that are still counting ballots, several court challenges for impropriety in ballot handling (one of which is already before the US Supreme Court) and at least two large states that will be required by law to undergo a hand recount due to the very thin margins between the two candidates. Once each state's electors certify thier counts with each of the 50 states, then those certifications must then be certified as accepted by Congress before any President is lawfully certified.

So has Biden won it or not? I’m assuming so, regardless of the above? It would be a pretty bold move if not.

The president must be sworn in on January the 20th.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.