2020 US Election - Trump vs Biden #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday, the US recorded over 100,000 new coronavirus cases in a single day. Just. One. Day. All these people gathering around yelling stop the count, or hurry up are no doubt adding to that number. Thanks guys. 🤗🙄

Reactions: 7
Come on Nevada! As long as Biden wins there, it doesn’t matter if Trump gets Georgia, North Carolina or Pennsylvania.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
hey, I’m just sitting this one out and joining Piers Morgan on the fence 😂 for this at least.
I’m slinging no mud, I’m calling it....growth 🤣🤣
same here. Personally when it comes to politics I like to focus more on the policies themselves then the candidate - Also it makes for an interesting conversation when people argue for policies I don't agree with. Always open to learning something new, also don't believe in cutting off people for that reason only.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
same here. Personally when it comes to politics I like to focus more on the policies themselves then the candidate - Also it makes for an interesting conversation when people argue for policies I don't agree with. Always open to learning something new, also don't believe in cutting off people for that reason only.
Agree, I enjoy seeing both sides of the “argument” on here, regardless of my own personal views, We can all go low at times and I also understand how tense this topic can be, but there’s enough tit going on in the world right now, I’m not gonna argue over who’s a bleep and who’s not a bleep,
We’re all a bit cunty at times election or no election 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think this is a fair statement and as I've said before I do believe in everyone's right to their own political beliefs however that being said I can't engage in debate with someone who is outright racist, discriminatory or misogynistic... those are not political beliefs. That is why I can't support or agree with majority of trump supporters when all they want to offer is support of this. I don't disagree with people being republican, I disagree with the support of Donald Trump. Just my opinion of course

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yesterday, the US recorded over 100,000 new coronavirus cases in a single day. Just. One. Day. All these people gathering around yelling stop the count, or hurry up are no doubt adding to that number. Thanks guys. 🤗🙄
And also all them who attended Trumps rallies in the thousands just the days before

They used to argue for policies up until Trump. It wasn't as much of a pissing match. But his attitude has caused it to be less about policies.

Reactions: 2
Let’s hope the news sites don’t make a typo of the word count 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Got this from the BBC, but this is why the electoral votes are different depending on what news channel you are watching.

The BBC is getting its data via Reuters, from polling firm Edison Research, who do the field work for the exit polls and work with US networks in the National Election Pool.

Edison Research said that it will not call a race in Wisconsin or any state where the margin is narrow enough to allow a candidate to demand a recount under state law.

Arizona: An automatic recount will occur if the margin between candidates is less than or equal to 0.1% of the votes.

Georgia: Candidates may request a recount when the spread between the candidates is less than 1% of the total votes cast in that race.

Wisconsin: By law, if race is within 1%, the candidate with fewer votes may request a recount.

Some news sites have projected wins in Arizona (meaning an extra 11 electoral college votes) and Wisconsin (10 electoral college votes) for Joe Biden.

Reactions: 2
I think this is a fair statement and as I've said before I do believe in everyone's right to their own political beliefs however that being said I can't engage in debate with someone who is outright racist, discriminatory or misogynistic... those are not political beliefs. That is why I can't support or agree with majority of trump supporters when all they want to offer is support of this. I don't disagree with people being republican, I disagree with the support of Donald Trump. Just my opinion of course
sorry do you mean if a trump supporter is all these things or was that an affirmation that someone must be all of these if they support his policies?

And also all them who attended Trumps rallies in the thousands just the days before

They used to argue for policies up until Trump. It wasn't as much of a pissing match. But his attitude has caused it to be less about policies.
Oh don't get me wrong can't stand the man, but some of his policies I do agree with.

sorry do you mean if a trump supporter is all these things or was that an affirmation that someone must be all of these if they support his policies?

Oh don't get me wrong can't stand the man, but some of his policies I do agree with.

No, I never said they were those things and I think I was quite clear in saying I don't disagree with people supporting republican policies. My issue lies with support for Trump as a president. I don't think someone is necessarily those things if they support his use of typically republican policies. But if they support his beliefs (different thing to policies) which tend to be discriminatory in nature then I don't agree with that. There is a difference in supporting traditional republican policies which trump uses ( I said before I have no issue with this), what I do have an issue with is someone supporting Trump's individual (as a person not as a president) belief system. Which is rooted in hate and discrimination.

This is why I said I don't disagree with republicans per se, I support people having the right to their own political standpoint but I don't support Trump as a president, leader or human being quite frankly.

Reactions: 6
Georgia still has over 60k votes to be counted. Goodness me this is taking a while.

Reactions: 1
Why are trump supporters claiming he'll take Arizona at 7pm tonight when even the most cautious outlets have already called it?

And she's being her usual twatty self, interesting that nowhere in the UK has given her a platform.

View attachment 300411
She's an unrepentant wankpuffin.

AZ was called maybe prematurely by some networks, including Fox and AP, but the postal ballots remain to be counted. Unlike most states, AZ has a long history of mail in ballots and Republicans trust them more, which means it's still too close to call. It's the opposite case in Pennsylvania and Georgia, where Democrats were far more likely to vote via post :) I hope this helps!

Reactions: 3
I honestly burst out laughing at this creature. The confusion on his face 😂

Sorry, but HOW CAN PEOPLE VOTE FOR FOLKS LIKE THIS?!?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Even if Trump wins the states he's leading in (Pennsylvania, Alaska, Georgia and North Carolina) that won't give him 270. He needs Nevada and Arizona too.. and if not there will be lots of recount. We better strap in for a bumpy road 😂 glad I'm not American!

Reactions: 5
I honestly burst out laughing at this creature. The confusion on his face 😂

Sorry, but HOW CAN PEOPLE VOTE FOR FOLKS LIKE THIS?!?
Pure gold.

The human version of your computer freezing.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Im reading a lot of forums esp american ones, and members on one forum (american) are very confident Biden has Nevada in the bag as apparently the state hates him, and when he did he is state visit apparently even the officials weren’t interested in meeting him.

im the eternal pessimist though so not getting my hopes up

Reactions: 3
Im reading a lot of forums esp american ones, and members on one forum (american) are very confident Biden has Nevada in the bag as apparently the state hates him, and when he did he is state visit apparently even the officials weren’t interested in meeting him.

im the eternal pessimist though so not getting my hopes up
I mean the odds are in Biden's favour only 6 points to go and Biden is in the lead in Nevada so..

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.