Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Next thread title suggestion: Zanna Van Dijk #6 - deleting Instagram comments is what I do, haven't you heard I'm 6 foot 2.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

FlockedWallpaper

I wrote to Giggling Squid - I was hopping mad that they gave a free meal to two near-millionaires at the end of a week of very busy headlines about children having to forgo food. Again, an absolute PR disaster on Zanna’s part. I actually really don’t think she connects the dots. I wonder if she even reads the news? I know she’s uncultured but that takes the piss
They responded - it was actually a very well thought-through response where they state the error of their judgement and admit it was in very bad taste. They will escalate through the business to prevent their other restaurants doing the same.
I don’t know whether they have the integrity to see this through but I did feel they recognised their mistake.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 52

araliya88

I have been following this thread with interest as it actually just points out the decline of Zanna’s credibility rather than personally bashing her for her looks or lifestyle choices.

What has finally pushed me to comment is her latest story where she asks people for recommendations for staycations in the U.K. If she is a ‘content creater’ shouldn’t she be doing her own research off her own back rather than asking people to suggest places for her only to then approach the holiday companies to wrangle a free deal in return for their exposure? This is just pure laziness, trying to blag more freebies and then selling them to her followers whilst living her best life on someone’s else’s money and recommendations. Why doesn’t she just screenshot everyone’s recommendations to share them, take her mini-break, paying for it herself, and leave it at that? Her blog on Cornwall was disappointing - it was lacklustre, vague and didn’t provide any information that I could not have found out from the internet (I know this because I have been to those parts of Cornwall multiple times). She could have used that blog to build in her own USP of vegan eats in the area as a starter or taken some surfing lessons, commenting on the experience, or done some other (self-funded) activities, focusing on the attractions of out-of-season Cornwall.

I used to really love Zanna’s IG, I was drawn to her account for the fitness, outdoor lifestyle and sustainability content, so much so that I even suggested my teenage daughter follows her. But that has changed lately as she quickly digressed into becoming a walking billboard who seems to advertise for the sake of earning money not because it is in line with her beliefs and principles.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when she created her “Surrey Nest” account to allegedly enable us to “follow her journey in setting up a new home”. If this had involved renovating a period property, showing us sustainable/2nd hand items she had purchased or how she puts it all together, then it would have made sense although random clips on her own account, with it all saved as a highlight, would have been sufficient. But from early on that it was clear to see that is was just another way of begging for free items or earning money to advertise them. This is so far off from what she had initially set out to do and it just shows that she is someone who has lost her way and now is just in it for the money. What annoys me more than anything else though is that she will not allow us to say this in an open, honest way and deals with it by just deleting and blocking. By not clearly declaring that the items are sent for free or that she is only showcasing them because she is paid to advertise them, she is making it very misleading for her younger and more vulnerable followers who are trying to buy into her lifestyle.

I think the issue people have with these “influencers” they discuss on Tattle is the lack of honesty and the subsequent laziness they seem to get once they realise how easy it is to make money from just advertising.

I understand that they use their platform to earn money and I see that it is almost the same as seeing an advert in a magazine. Almost. The key difference with that is that I KNOW 100% that it is an advert when I see it in a mag, but when an influencer hides their intention or motivation behind using/promoting the product, that is when it becomes messy. I think the only way someone should use IG as a platform to advertise is when it is not their full-time job but just as a sideline so does not account for the majority of the income and we know that the product has been chosen to be ‘shared’ for the right reasons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Loulou1992

Screenshot for yall who missed it 😂
I've just come across this thread, and found Zanna's insta a few months ago. I watched her stories and thought there was something off with them, she does no good and sets high expectations for people divulging her content. I woke up this morning to a few horrible comments on my instagram as I was the one who sent that DM to Zanna. I have never done anything like that before and am not a troll, but I just felt I had to say it how it is. She's just got a new huge house and is acting like an entitled princess. There's hundreds of people struggling during this pandemic at the moment, losing jobs, homes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

Katkat

Chatty Member
It’s the wrong day to be posting about fucking gifted meals! READ THE ROOM!

Reactions: 34

astridivy

Zanna is by far my least favourite influencer to the point where most days I avoid this thread because it makes my blood boil. But I’m not sure I’ve ever been as mad as when she moved into a huge five bedroom house with giant garden and then complained about the bills or time for maintenance. So time deaf and gross. + The hypocrisy, sneaky gifted labels, constant blocking people, no actual values. She actually needs to be canceled.

Reactions: 31

FlockedWallpaper

I wrote to Giggling Squid - I was hopping mad that they gave a free meal to two near-millionaires at the end of a week of very busy headlines about children having to forgo food. Again, an absolute PR disaster on Zanna’s part. I actually really don’t think she connects the dots. I wonder if she even reads the news? I know she’s uncultured but that takes the piss

Reactions: 30

Dotherighthing

Chatty Member
Hi Zanna, I’m assuming you’ll read this tread again sometime soon. are you bringing out another e-cookbook? What will you charge? Given that you are clearly financially comfortable why not donate the profits from this to a food bank charity? Many can’t afford the luxury of fresh food to cook given the financial devastation caused as a result of trying to keep the country safe during this pandemic. Use your profile and influence to do good. That would be a really wholesome gesture. Just a thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

ceecee454

Chatty Member
is she even real?? mourn the moments that were meant to happen? so ur crying cos you
only went on 10 holidays instead of ur usual 25? PEOPLE ARE FUKING DEAD, dying, have got to mourn actual people, loved ones who they didn’t get to spend final
moments with?! people have lost jobs, can’t afford to feed their kids, themselves, can’t heat their homes, struggling with real
actual mental health needs that are pushing them over the edge?
and ur up here crying cos your front room floor isn’t the right colour and u might have to pay extra to sort it out? GET A FUKING GRIP
this woman is living in some kinda parallel reality smh

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha

Ups27

VIP Member
‘Filling up my bird feeder on A friday night what have I become’.... you were always boring as fuck so no change there.

• Haha
Live local so I know the house number and have logged it with the police. The £10,000 fine is less than the gym equipment so I'm sure she can afford it.

They tend to only be interested in violations happening where they can turn up immediately and issue a fine but there is video evidence of this one taking place so...

• Heart
  • Haha

Dotherighthing

Chatty Member
Oh F off Zanna. Crying because the builders are in and making noise and you need to ‘work’ and it’s all too stressful. Do you know what is stressful-worrying how to keep a roof over your head during a pandemic, home working during a pandemic whilst schooling children. Then leaving the home to don PPE and treat people with covid and pray you don’t bring it home with you. I could go on. You get the point. Why can’t she just for once in her life be tuned in to what is happening in this country and acknowledge it’s not all about her. Privileged fool!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Dotherighthing

Chatty Member
So now she’s looking to do a tour of the UK as she can’t go anywhere else. Is she actually taking the piss. It’s like a frigging parody account!!!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 25

duckenergy67

So I am usually a lurker in forums like this, and I don’t think I’ve ever once actually written a post - so this goes to show just how much I feel the urge to write this haha.

I’ve followed Zanna for years, probably since about 2014? I found her account via Vic’s account (which, funnily enough, me and vic were mutuals when she used to be an anorexia recovery account, but I since deleted my anorexia recovery account, anyway, I digress..).

I used to lap up the #girlgains content like a thirsty dog, and I loved the relatable nature of average girls taking on the Big Boy section of fitness. I understand that times change and Zanna has probably grown up a lot since then; but she just is unbearable now.

A lot of what she does is so performative, and it’s quite sad to think that the majority of her suStainAbIlity is just part of her “brand”. (e.g there’s nothing sustainable about kitting out a mansion with expensive wooden furniture and expensive plants. There’s nothing sustainable about buying an electric car and having an electric car charger fitted into your big ass mansion) like fair enough, there’s nothing wrong with making unsustainable choices - I think it’s a reflection of the world we live in. However she markets herself as a sustainable high standard queen, therefore feels the need to justify all her unsustainable choices as sustainable.

sorry that was really incoherent - I promise I can write properly, I’m just confused as to where to go with this rant, as I have so much to say haha.
I just hate how out of touch with reality she is, like I’m all for ~positive vibes~ but constantly bragging about your massive house, Tory walks in the woodlands and expensive coffee machines is so tone deaf when a lot of the country is on the brink of redundancy and uncertainty.

Final point; I do not understand sustainable swimwear for over £120. I understand luxury and sustainable fashion, but swimwear is probably used 3 times a year for most people, and a £20 new look swimming costume will get just as many wears out of it

• Heart
They aren't short of money, that's clear enough for anyone to see. Yet they still take a gifted meal? If they genuinely enjoyed it, they'd pay for it and take the moral highground. Those poor staff could be out of a job in a few months.

This is why they have money. They have no bloody outgoings. I'd love to know the last time they actually paid the full price for something. It is sickening in this current climate.

• Heart

Rondoodle

VIP Member
First time posting on this thread and unfollowed shortly after the move. She has totally lost her way. Her whole manner is grotesque to me. Not only has she bought a million pound house in a pandemic but now to take free meals at a time like this is just sickening. In fact taking free anything when they are probably in the highest earning bracket in the country is just mind boggling. Her affected behaviour and faces are vile but what is worse is that she preaches something that is totally contradictory to her behaviour and seems unable to learn or grow. Deleting anything that isn't praise is literally just her sticking her fingers in her ears and singing 'lalalalala'! I've followed since 2013 and the amount of 'friendships' she has gone through (or outgrown!) seems to point at her being the problem. And don't even get me started on the amount she seems to 'stress cry'. Girl needs to fucking grow up.

The one interaction I've had with her via DM was also rude. I had actually bought her fitness guide (I know, shoot me) and asked a question about weights. She told me to google it! I was so shocked!!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Hasanah123

VIP Member
How can she support us through the lockdown?!?! I have no words.
Shes copying Hazel Wallace as she asked the exact same thing

Zanna, fuck you. Its because of ppl like you we are going to be in another lockdown. Never followed the rules and continues to not follow

Fuck you about saying being gentle with ppl, were you gentle with people in respecting that there are vulnerable ppl shielding so u should stay at home? Just fuck you for being so condescending, guess your life saving surgery didnt teach you compassion and empathy

• Heart
  • Wow

Soupy

I’ve lurked here a while but never posted. I was going to post earlier about the hidden “gifted” gif on the squatting video (I sent it to ASA because that is quite clearly breaking the rules - and what is the use in hiding it?!) but changed my mind. Her post from this morning has pushed me over the edge hahaha. I don’t know if I’m just being sensitive in saying this, but as a member of the LGBTQ+ community, it really bothers me that she writes and hashtags love is love on a post about her boyfriend being shorter than her. That’s not what that phrase was coined to celebrate?! It’s not a big thing but really grinds my gears

• Sad
  • Angry

Routron

Chatty Member
Hilarious that she thinks her lack of allergy reaction to the animals might be due to moving to Surrey. Does she think we have some kind of special healing air here?

We get it! You've moved to Surrey!!!!

• Haha

daisychain99

Chatty Member
It’s the wrong day to be posting about fucking gifted meals! READ THE ROOM!
It is awful... kids in the UK going hungry over school holidays and Zanna, with her multi-millionaire mansion and designer bags is getting gifted free meals... absolutely disgusting.
If she had an ounce of decency she would have done a give away to a family of nhs staff or something similar
Raging