Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Long time lurker, first time poster. Just read her Cornwall blog. I travel to Cornwall a lot to surf and also have a few friends who live down there. Her blog is pathetically simple including advice such as; "I would budget a little more than you think, especially if you’re eating out multiple times a day. You can always do home cooked meals and make picnics to save cash.".

It's also super embarrassing that she finds 'coasteering' SO FUN. Yet can't even spell it....spelling it co-steering. So transparent how little research she does before pretending she's an expert.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 at 12.40.50.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I don't think it reflects too well on us to dwell on Tally's appearance, better to concentrate on the swimswear. For example, the material clearly sags and creases (I believe this is preventable) and the 'waist' feature is too low to be universally flattering. In the Cornwall footage/pictres, I don't think Tally looks anything other than pissed off at Zanna (and the sun)!!
Totally agree, although I think we all agree that Tally is a much more authentic and likeable person than Zanna and I’m sure most of us have figures more like Tally’s. I think what people were trying to say is that Zanna’s swimwear is built for tiny skinny people and doesn’t support curvier frames

Reactions: 7
So now she’s looking to do a tour of the UK as she can’t go anywhere else. Is she actually taking the piss. It’s like a frigging parody account!!!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
She must have a deal with someone in the UK. A hotel chain or something ….

Reactions: 9
I think it just shows that Tally is an amazing friend, not many of us would wear something unflattering to help promote a mate's brand. Or she completely doesn't care how she looks on SM and if that's the case, go Tally! (And if it's just putting a brave face on, that's Tally's choice).

So now she’s looking to do a tour of the UK as she can’t go anywhere else. Is she actually taking the piss. It’s like a frigging parody account!!!
I don’t think that she has read the news, listened to the news or indeed in any way, shape or form understood the current situation that we are all in. Maybe she deletes all negative press on any matter not just on her own IG! Tone deaf doesn’t even describe it. 😤

Reactions: 12
When I saw that post I actually thought MAYBE she would become more bearable and say that because she can’t travel right now she’s woken up to the fact that SHE DOESNT NEED TO and will be doing more fitness/home/sustainability content. Dear god woman

• Sad
The low cut, unsupported halter neck shape just would not work with big boobs. Mine would be outta control. And the fact that it’s white over the boobs means it’s pretty see through with no lining.. I invested in a new bikini this year for £52 to replace the exact same one I’d had for 7 years - it fits my body shape perfectly and I’ve no doubt it’ll last another 7. I’d rather be sustainable that way rather than spunking cash into Zanna’s pocket!
That swimsuit is so badly made. The facing puckers, I’ve noticed it on a lot of her items. I’d be furious if I spent that much money and ended up with something that looked like the bri-nylon nightie I made back in the day. Looks like it’s been made by a 10 year old.

I don’t think that she has read the news, listened to the news or indeed in any way, shape or form understood the current situation that we are all in. Maybe she deletes all negative press on any matter not just on her own IG! Tone deaf doesn’t even describe it. 😤
I can see someone dobbing her into the police if she goes near anywhere in lockdown. I swear she doesn’t feel any of it applies to her as travelling is “her job”. bleeping moron!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have been following this thread with interest as it actually just points out the decline of Zanna’s credibility rather than personally bashing her for her looks or lifestyle choices.

What has finally pushed me to comment is her latest story where she asks people for recommendations for staycations in the U.K. If she is a ‘content creater’ shouldn’t she be doing her own research off her own back rather than asking people to suggest places for her only to then approach the holiday companies to wrangle a free deal in return for their exposure? This is just pure laziness, trying to blag more freebies and then selling them to her followers whilst living her best life on someone’s else’s money and recommendations. Why doesn’t she just screenshot everyone’s recommendations to share them, take her mini-break, paying for it herself, and leave it at that? Her blog on Cornwall was disappointing - it was lacklustre, vague and didn’t provide any information that I could not have found out from the internet (I know this because I have been to those parts of Cornwall multiple times). She could have used that blog to build in her own USP of vegan eats in the area as a starter or taken some surfing lessons, commenting on the experience, or done some other (self-funded) activities, focusing on the attractions of out-of-season Cornwall.

I used to really love Zanna’s IG, I was drawn to her account for the fitness, outdoor lifestyle and sustainability content, so much so that I even suggested my teenage daughter follows her. But that has changed lately as she quickly digressed into becoming a walking billboard who seems to advertise for the sake of earning money not because it is in line with her beliefs and principles.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when she created her “Surrey Nest” account to allegedly enable us to “follow her journey in setting up a new home”. If this had involved renovating a period property, showing us sustainable/2nd hand items she had purchased or how she puts it all together, then it would have made sense although random clips on her own account, with it all saved as a highlight, would have been sufficient. But from early on that it was clear to see that is was just another way of begging for free items or earning money to advertise them. This is so far off from what she had initially set out to do and it just shows that she is someone who has lost her way and now is just in it for the money. What annoys me more than anything else though is that she will not allow us to say this in an open, honest way and deals with it by just deleting and blocking. By not clearly declaring that the items are sent for free or that she is only showcasing them because she is paid to advertise them, she is making it very misleading for her younger and more vulnerable followers who are trying to buy into her lifestyle.

I think the issue people have with these “influencers” they discuss on Tattle is the lack of honesty and the subsequent laziness they seem to get once they realise how easy it is to make money from just advertising.

I understand that they use their platform to earn money and I see that it is almost the same as seeing an advert in a magazine. Almost. The key difference with that is that I KNOW 100% that it is an advert when I see it in a mag, but when an influencer hides their intention or motivation behind using/promoting the product, that is when it becomes messy. I think the only way someone should use IG as a platform to advertise is when it is not their full-time job but just as a sideline so does not account for the majority of the income and we know that the product has been chosen to be ‘shared’ for the right reasons.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I have been following this thread with interest as it actually just points out the decline of Zanna’s credibility rather than personally bashing her for her looks or lifestyle choices.

What has finally pushed me to comment is her latest story where she asks people for recommendations for staycations in the U.K. If she is a ‘content creater’ shouldn’t she be doing her own research off her own back rather than asking people to suggest places for her only to then approach the holiday companies to wrangle a free deal in return for their exposure? This is just pure laziness, trying to blag more freebies and then selling them to her followers whilst living her best life on someone’s else’s money and recommendations. Why doesn’t she just screenshot everyone’s recommendations to share them, take her mini-break, paying for it herself, and leave it at that? Her blog on Cornwall was disappointing - it was lacklustre, vague and didn’t provide any information that I could not have found out from the internet (I know this because I have been to those parts of Cornwall multiple times). She could have used that blog to build in her own USP of vegan eats in the area as a starter or taken some surfing lessons, commenting on the experience, or done some other (self-funded) activities, focusing on the attractions of out-of-season Cornwall.

I used to really love Zanna’s IG, I was drawn to her account for the fitness, outdoor lifestyle and sustainability content, so much so that I even suggested my teenage daughter follows her. But that has changed lately as she quickly digressed into becoming a walking billboard who seems to advertise for the sake of earning money not because it is in line with her beliefs and principles.

The final nail in the coffin for me was when she created her “Surrey Nest” account to allegedly enable us to “follow her journey in setting up a new home”. If this had involved renovating a period property, showing us sustainable/2nd hand items she had purchased or how she puts it all together, then it would have made sense although random clips on her own account, with it all saved as a highlight, would have been sufficient. But from early on that it was clear to see that is was just another way of begging for free items or earning money to advertise them. This is so far off from what she had initially set out to do and it just shows that she is someone who has lost her way and now is just in it for the money. What annoys me more than anything else though is that she will not allow us to say this in an open, honest way and deals with it by just deleting and blocking. By not clearly declaring that the items are sent for free or that she is only showcasing them because she is paid to advertise them, she is making it very misleading for her younger and more vulnerable followers who are trying to buy into her lifestyle.

I think the issue people have with these “influencers” they discuss on Tattle is the lack of honesty and the subsequent laziness they seem to get once they realise how easy it is to make money from just advertising.

I understand that they use their platform to earn money and I see that it is almost the same as seeing an advert in a magazine. Almost. The key difference with that is that I KNOW 100% that it is an advert when I see it in a mag, but when an influencer hides their intention or motivation behind using/promoting the product, that is when it becomes messy. I think the only way someone should use IG as a platform to advertise is when it is not their full-time job but just as a sideline so does not account for the majority of the income and we know that the product has been chosen to be ‘shared’ for the right reasons.
So eloquently put, thank you for sharing. This is exactly how I feel. I am sure the influencer bubble is going to burst soon. What is her goal for her future? Perhaps this is why she has drifted from her original USP and now begging as much as possible because her longevity is certainly limited

Yes, @expatfancy, I think this field definitely needs to become way more regulated with a much larger emphasis on accountability. But this has to be driven by the regulators; the advertisers are laughing all the way to the bank with their living/breathing billboards probably costing them a fraction of what they would pay out for a print advert in a magazine, on a building or on transport. They would never get the same engagement with a stagnant ad.

I just keep thinking that influencers, like Zanna, must be getting little or no job satisfaction once they lose their way and are slave to the money because their original motivation to share their content no longer has any bearing on what they do. Nobody wins but the advertisers!

Reactions: 6
No updates on the car? Baffles me as to why she needs one when Ant has a car

Staycations? Doesnt she realise some parts of the UK are under local lockdowns? She just cant stay put can she?

Reactions: 10
I’m sorry but seeing Tally in that costume (she now has a very similar shape to me) does not make me think wow that looks great, I’ll speak 150 of my hard earned pounds on it. It looks bleeping awful, I don’t know where to start....
If my friend posted that photo of me we'd no longer be friends

ETA: saw I'm not the only one thinking this

Reactions: 3
Anyone think she moves almost like a Pixar/Disney animation in her talking stories? Something about the intense hand movements and the way there's a bit of a sway/bounce to it?

I'm not saying she looks like a princess - more like - not a 100% human.

Anyone think she moves almost like a Pixar/Disney animation in her talking stories? Something about the intense hand movements and the way there's a bit of a sway/bounce to it?

I'm not saying she looks like a princess - more like - not a 100% human.
This is what i mean - except the girl in the video is doing on purpose to look like an animation...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
First time posting - I have now experienced having one of my comments removed from her house account! It wasn't as if it was anything nasty, just a comment on what she was thinking of doing to her stairs. What's the point in sharing ideas if you don't want feedback?!

Like the rest of you, I am intrigued/bemused by her posts and how these relate to her 'beliefs' on sustainability/saving the planet etc.

Also very amused by 'co-steering' :LOL: and her having to squeeze her exercise space in amongst all sorts of other stuff when they have a 5 bedroom house :unsure:

Reactions: 8
In her insta story she shows the newest gin she was gifted saying how excited she is about it, then immediately goes to make a cocktail with a different gin lol.
Typical Zanna. She also got gifted Niomi Smart's new skincare brand, she opened the big gift box with the 5 (admittedly lame looking) products, blabbed about it being vegan and cruelty free, said "you smashed it, girl. Congrats." in a really weird voice that sounded jealous and disingenous, and that was it. She didn't even say she would use it, show the products properly, opened them. Nothing. Spoiled idiot.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.