Zanna Van Dijk #5 Fill my house with whatever I fancy, call me out you negative Nancy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would definitely have a gin fridge if i had the room! spirits are best served cold for sure

I joined the craft gin club, was buying loads of fancy ones....and then discovered I’m allergic 😱 devastating

People love coming to visit (well did, those were the days) though

I saw on her website that she was selling her own granola. But the link to buy it doesn't work - did it flop?
Oh yeah... she's gone completely quiet about it too! Although on the website where it's being sold it says 'sold out'.

Reactions: 1
I joined the craft gin club, was buying loads of fancy ones....and then discovered I’m allergic 😱 devastating

People love coming to visit (well did, those were the days) though
Very random and off-topic, but what exactly were you allergic too? Like some of the botanicals in the gin, alcohol itself or what? I've never heard of that before and you got me real curious

Very random and off-topic, but what exactly were you allergic too? Like some of the botanicals in the gin, alcohol itself or what? I've never heard of that before and you got me real curious
It’s the juniper. I started getting a red face and really itchy and nauseous every time I had one so started looking into it. It’s apparently quite common, it’s usually caused by the juniper or one of the botanicals. I’d hoped it was the botanicals so I could just find a gin without them but no. Found out when I ended up unknowingly cutting back a juniper bush in the garden and having the same reaction...so no more gin for me 😫

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Oh yeah... she's gone completely quiet about it too! Although on the website where it's being sold it says 'sold out'.
I think she mentioned earlier this year that they were changing the packaging so it is not on sale for a while because there had been some comments about it? It also sounded like they were bringing out maybe a new flavour or something.

It’s the juniper. I started getting a red face and really itchy and nauseous every time I had one so started looking into it. It’s apparently quite common, it’s usually caused by the juniper or one of the botanicals. I’d hoped it was the botanicals so I could just find a gin without them but no. Found out when I ended up unknowingly cutting back a juniper bush in the garden and having the same reaction...so no more gin for me 😫
Thanks for explaining - poor you! X

I think she mentioned earlier this year that they were changing the packaging so it is not on sale for a while because there had been some comments about it? It also sounded like they were bringing out maybe a new flavour or something.
A new flavour? I think it's something less basic than the current peanut butter one, LOL!

Reactions: 1
Does no one else find it weird she loves to highlight her and Ant have to sit on camping chairs ("teehee the joys of moving to a new place, so quirky")... YET THEY WERE GIFTED A NEW SOFA!!

Why not just use that sofa? Oh yh, because ACTUALLY using it doesnt look good for the staged insta shots.

So out of touch. Imagine choosing to sit on camp chairs because the gifted free sofa you have isnt earmarked for that specific room.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Does no one else find it weird she loves to highlight her and Ant have to sit on camping chairs ("teehee the joys of moving to a new place, so quirky")... YET THEY WERE GIFTED A NEW SOFA!!

Why not just use that sofa? Oh yh, because ACTUALLY using it doesnt look good for the staged insta shots.

So out of touch. Imagine choosing to sit on camp chairs because the gifted free sofa you have isnt earmarked for that specific room.
Maybe it's to highlight to some companies hey we're ready to receive some free chairs! I immediately thought she was trying to sneakily hint for free stuff. Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but it was my first thought!

Reactions: 7
Maybe it's to highlight to some companies hey we're ready to receive some free chairs! I immediately thought she was trying to sneakily hint for free stuff. Maybe I'm being a bit cynical but it was my first thought!
I think most of us here feel like this, sadly.

Zanna is by far my least favourite influencer to the point where most days I avoid this thread because it makes my blood boil. But I’m not sure I’ve ever been as mad as when she moved into a huge five bedroom house with giant garden and then complained about the bills or time for maintenance. So time deaf and gross. + The hypocrisy, sneaky gifted labels, constant blocking people, no actual values. She actually needs to be canceled.

Reactions: 31
I've started to scan her Instagram stories like a hawk looking for a hidden "gifted"...

Guyyysss it’s totally ok to promote gifted animal tested perfume because it’s refillable so yay!

I dislike her intensely. I think I need to block the YouTube channel so her crappy videos don’t keep getting recommended to me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It makes my blood boil when she says "I am shook". I know it's kinda slang these days but she's absolutely overusing it. Also, seeing her parents again? Maybe she takes after them with her lack of common sense?
zan.png

Her most recent post also f**ked me off. It's not most people's decision who their pension is with. If you are paying into a workplace pension, your employer chooses for you. Sure, you can opt out, but I have feeling it's not that easy to find a better pension provider if you're just an individual, and not a company (unless you make a ton of money but I don't think most people who follow Zanna do).

Also, I really hate when she (or anyone else for that) calls Attenborough "Big Dave". Just, don't.

5 COVID friendly sustainable swaps 🌎
Inspired by watching @davidattenborough’s #ALifeOnOurPlanet documentary (which I highly recommend!) I wanted to a share a handful of easy positive changes you can make in the current COVID climate 🥰
1️⃣ Switch your bank & pension. Your money might be invested in environmentally damaging industries like fossil fuels. You can move to an ethical bank (I use @starlingbank) or request an ethical portfolio with your current bank/pension/investments.
2️⃣ Fuel your home with renewable energy. It’s easy to switch and the prices are competitive. We use @octopus_energy but I have heard great things about @bulb.
3️⃣ Eat more plants. Big Dave mentioned the importance of a plant focused diet, as animal products have a larger ecological footprint. Try having veggie dinners and work from there.
4️⃣ Switch single use for reusable where possible. While of course prioritising hygiene. E.g. reusable face masks (we have some at @staywildswim), reusable water bottles & reusable shopping bags.
5️⃣ Push for larger & systemic change. We can clean up every beach in the world but if we don’t have the policy to stop the plastic from going into the ocean, we will never stop cleaning. So use your vote, sign petitions & support green policies 💚
Above all, just start. Release the pressure to be perfect and just take the first step. Every action we take adds up collectively. What positive changes have you made recently? ✨ #sustainableswaps #attenboroughfilm #positivechanges

• Heart
Reactions: 6
5 COVID friendly sustainable swaps 🌎
2️⃣ Fuel your home with renewable energy. It’s easy to switch and the prices are competitive. We use @octopus_energy but I have heard great things about @bulb.
Will be interesting to see if she gets solar panels for her "SuRrEy NeSt" if she's so EnViRoNmEnTaLlY CoNsCiOuS...... she's got the roof space for them!

Walk or use public transport instead of a car is probably more useful and relevant than no.1.

Morning thoughts are a weird thing - mine are more like
Ugh, is it only Tuesday
It's raining again
I need to remember to phone the plumber

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.