Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I do a full body/haircare session on Sunday evenings (partly to distract myself from Sunday Scaries) and am really looking forward to it today! I recently bought one of the Turkish mitts recommended on here and wanna see how much dead skin gets sloughed off 😂

Here's my list for later:
- paint toenails, maybe fingernails if I'm feeling it
- shower: exfoliate with my new mitt, hair mask, full shave (the whole leg; don't have time in the week)
- epilate arms
- cover myself from the neck down in Nivea Soft (I have sensitive skin and never react to this)
- dermaplane lower half of face (I just discovered this last week and regret not doing it sooner! Amazing results!!!)
- time for The Ordinary (this is every night though): Marine Hyaluronics, followed by Niacinamide 10% Zinc 1%, followed by Multi-Peptide Eye Serum and one of the many eye creams I've accumlated
- Clinique Moisture Surge on top of that (spenny but I buy 2 gift sets when they're on offer and they last me a year or so)
- spray a little Twilight by Lush over the bed before getting into it. I wash my bedding every Sunday morning so I 1)get out of it and 2)have a clean bed to look forward to before getting back to work on Monday

It varies, I might throw a facemask in or tint my eyebrows, but the above applies every Sunday evening. Do any of you have a Sunday pamper sesh to distract from Monday morning?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

regularvoltaire

I am a fashion stylist in a major department store. I would recommend always buying things you LOVE, looking after your skin (like, really well, even the shittest makeup looks great on good skin. SPF is your best friend), ditching any sort of Russian lashes/brow lamination, and just being the best version of YOU.

for my skin, I always double cleanse with an emollient balm (beauty pie super healthy skin), every other night I use liquid gold (or any decent glycolic), follow with a good serum (I use beauty pie youthbomb because I’m in my 40s and can’t afford la prairie), and a good moisturiser (mine is Claudalie resveratrol).

In terms of fashion; colours, shapes etc are all bollocks as long as you love what you’re wearing. I was taught about seasonal colours for people and dressing for a certain body shape and it’s rubbish. The most stylish people are the ones who wear what they love and love what they wear. Forget age, gender and size, and just pick pieces that make you smile. Happiness and confidence are the most stylish things.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

LittleLizzy1985

I saw a reel last year that said to decant your toner into a spray bottle and then spray it directly onto your face and wipe with a pad rather than applying to the pad and wiping your face.

I've been doing this ever since and it's so much better! My bottle of toner lasts much longer and it seems to work better too.

• Wow
Reactions: 31

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
Ok, UKLash update. Very pleased with how they’re looking but my left (right in photo) is definitely less full. Wearing mascara but you get the idea. Mascara is Glossier, so not particularly lash lengthening.
D893686C-60D0-494B-A1F0-9C22C92681F8.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Wow, no I don't but you make me wish I did!!! 🤣🤣
I acknowledge it's easier for me than others as I'm single and don't have kids, which means no one cares if I'm in the bathroom for a couple of hours 😂 started doing it because I hate the "homework night" feeling that Sunday evening gives and needed a distraction to pull my mood up. Added a couple of extra bits to the Sunday evening hairwash, kept adding, and here we are!...

• Heart
Reactions: 21

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
I am here for the morning routines, I love reading them too @clare999 ! Mine is:
- Open windows
- Make bed
- Shower while Nespresso machine wakes up
- Body moisturiser
- Coffee
- Snail mucin
- Moisturiser
- SPF
- Do hair while that soaks in
- Brush teeth and mouthwash
- Get dressed
- Pack bag
- Do makeup
- Perfume
- Leave!
- Buy coffee before walking into office

This thread has also helped me so much in learning to wash my hair before bed rather than attempt it in the morning 😅 sounds so obvious but I needed to be told!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Waitingfortea

Sorry if this is out of line and genuinely no shade intended but how do people afford all these treatments? I wonder if I’m majorly going wrong with money somewhere sometimes.

I had a facial mole removed at a private clinic and I have Invisalign somewhere that does lots of other cosmetic treatments and I see women coming out looking fabulous having had various treatments but it costs loads. I earn decentish money but just couldn’t afford to be getting loads done and wouldn’t want to start getting it done as a one off and then not able to maintain it. At least with Invisalign I figured the costs are pretty finite. Once I’m done I only have to keep paying for the night retainers.
Don’t compare yourself and let it get you down. You never know someone’s full situation and their lifestyle! Their wages/mortgage or rent/smoker/drinker/social bunny/recluse. There are so many factors to take into consideration when thinking ‘how does one afford all this’. We’re also now in a generation where having a credit card/loan/debt is completely normalised. Don’t be fooled by what you see on social media. It took me a while to realise this but honestly, you’ll feel so much better for it x

• Heart
Reactions: 20

House of Tea

VIP Member
I’ve only just found this thread and I love ❤❤ how supportive and kind the comments are from people recommending products and ideas. I love all the replies to this question the most. I am in the same boat!! I feel like I’m stuck in 2011 with my fashion and don’t realise how far I am behind until I see TikTok’s teasing millennial fashion. I used to be really conscious of the size on the tag when trying stuff on, where I would buy the smaller size even if a bigger size actually was more flattering 🤦‍♀️ sizes are crap, they are varied across brands. These days I buy the one that is most flattering and cut the tag off when I get home, it helps with my confidence to look good without knowing numbers. I love the comment further up “don’t wait to lose weight, buy some pieces now” ❤ I also recommend shopping in thrift stores as you get unique clothes that aren’t the same factory department stuff. good luck, a style refresh is so exciting!
I have just had a declutter. I took lots of stuff to charity shops with tags on one size smaller than I am. Bought because that was the size I wanted to be. Not the reality of the size I am. Kept in storage for a few years, taking up space and wasted my money. I agree - buy the size that is flattering to you now and wear it. Don’t hold off buying stuff because you are the wrong size. Life moves along swiftly. Don’t save anything for best. Obviously don’t wear your good stuff to anything messy but don’t hold back wearing the stuff you like.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

kjs22

I’m 34 this year and feel like I’m stuck in my early 20s with style and skincare/ makeup. I want to be more put together so I feel more confident and actually look my age. I read this thread daily but get so overwhelmed of where to begin.
Style wise I’m 5ft 8 size 12/14 pear or hourglass (trying to lose weight). Any advice for someone who is totally lost?
I’ve only just found this thread and I love ❤❤ how supportive and kind the comments are from people recommending products and ideas. I love all the replies to this question the most. I am in the same boat!! I feel like I’m stuck in 2011 with my fashion and don’t realise how far I am behind until I see TikTok’s teasing millennial fashion. I used to be really conscious of the size on the tag when trying stuff on, where I would buy the smaller size even if a bigger size actually was more flattering 🤦‍♀️ sizes are crap, they are varied across brands. These days I buy the one that is most flattering and cut the tag off when I get home, it helps with my confidence to look good without knowing numbers. I love the comment further up “don’t wait to lose weight, buy some pieces now” ❤ I also recommend shopping in thrift stores as you get unique clothes that aren’t the same factory department stuff. good luck, a style refresh is so exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Keikochan

VIP Member
I just got my eyebrows microbladed 😸 it didn't hurt at all, didn't feel a thing! They look so nice.
I'm so excited for after they heal!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’ve just tried the boob or bust method. I usually wear a 36C altho probably do need to go down a band size as they’re really loose after weight loss.

But it came out as a 32GG😅 surely my current bras can’t be that out?
Further to this I ordered a bra in the size it suggested and it fits like a glove.

WTF!!! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Bubbledoggyyeah

Chatty Member
I’ve just started using Paula’s Choice skincare and it’s AMAZING. Every morning I cleanse, tone and moisturise and in the evening I double cleanse (Micellar water first), serum and moisturise. Twice a week I use their exfoliant. I’ve also started to use Vita gradual tan on my whole body twice a week and the colour is gorgeous. My boyfriend told me my skin was glowing yesterday (not prompted 😂) so I must be doing something right!

Other things I do/have…

Nails done every three weeks
Hair extensions and a refit every 6 weeks
Eyebrows/eyelash perm every 6 weeks
Botox in my masseter every 9 months

and I’m about to start Invisalign this week!

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I’m sure they could numb the area first and hopefully it wouldn’t be so bad?
I’m gonna call around today and ask if they numb the area. If so, I’m gonna go for it! It’s driving me crazy ☹

I’ve had my arsehole lasered and that was like 20/10 on the pain scale. If I sat through that, I should be able to get a bit of Botox 😂 it’s just the anticipation that’s making me scared!

• Haha
Reactions: 16

adviseplz

VIP Member
Looking forward to hearing the reports back from those who have ordered new bras!

I am itching to re-measure, but I need to find myself a seamstress tape measure. I've only got a metal builder one, which probably isn't as accurate, and from when I tried, let me tell you... it is colddddd

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Carapop

VIP Member
No but the Dublin Make Up Academy does seem good, very reassuring that they have well known clients .
The place I was looking at is Perola Padiha Clinic & Spa.
Well I wouldn’t say I’m well known, per se, but I do have quite a few posts on tattle, and I’m very popular with cats…

• Haha
Reactions: 15