Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi 👋 😊 so yesterday was my 31st birthday I’ve had Botox a few times but currently with cost of living I’m unable to afford it anyway my wrinkles are bad bad! I’ve also got thinking that the last 13 years have been so trauma filled and my mental health has been really bad (sorry a bit deep) I’ve let myself go completely. Could someone please tell me as I’m make up free most days but need to start with a cleanser/ toner I have no idea 🙈 but could someone give me advice please on what I would need to make myself not look like a haggard witch 🧙‍♀️ 🤣 also fake tan? Have used many before when I was a party girl but the smell on the sheets now is just to much 🤢 is there any fake tans preferably ones that spray on that doesn’t smell like coconut 🥥/biscuits 🙃 thanks sorry bit rambled looking forward to having a read through all these threads 🥰
Happy Birthday! I'm the same age. If you're just dipping your toe into a skincare routine I'd keep it simple so you develop the habit. Honestly I've noticed that even just cleaning my face properly every night helps make a difference to my skin.

I'd look in to a simple cleanser (maybe the Inkey List's Oat Cleanser?), Vitamin C serum (The Ordinary and Inkey list both sell affordable options), and moisturiser (The Ordinary's one is meant to be good) and spf (I really rate La Roche Posay or Biore for face SPF) to start.

Then maybe explore in the future looking in to something like Dermatica or Skin and Me if you wanted some retinol!

I totally get what you mean about mental health stuff showing on your skin. I know when I was depressed it did anyway. Sending lots of love your way 🥰

I have yet to find a fake tan that I love so can't help there 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Guys this is a bit weird but I sweat a lot, even when it’s not that warm out. Weirdly I’m mostly sweating from only my right armpit 😭 it doesn’t smell because I lather my underarms in deodorant but it’s just annoying.

ive tried a very high strength medical deodorant off Amazon and it stopped me sweating but it burneddddd when I put it on. Plus it causes a weird buildup of product. It works though. I just can’t stand the burn

Can someone please recommend a solution? 😭 terrified of the pain, so not sure about Botox injections…

Hi 👋 😊 so yesterday was my 31st birthday I’ve had Botox a few times but currently with cost of living I’m unable to afford it anyway my wrinkles are bad bad! I’ve also got thinking that the last 13 years have been so trauma filled and my mental health has been really bad (sorry a bit deep) I’ve let myself go completely. Could someone please tell me as I’m make up free most days but need to start with a cleanser/ toner I have no idea 🙈 but could someone give me advice please on what I would need to make myself not look like a haggard witch 🧙‍♀️ 🤣 also fake tan? Have used many before when I was a party girl but the smell on the sheets now is just to much 🤢 is there any fake tans preferably ones that spray on that doesn’t smell like coconut 🥥/biscuits 🙃 thanks sorry bit rambled looking forward to having a read through all these threads 🥰

Happy Birthday!

I'd suggest don't try out too many things at once, otherwise it might become overwhelming, both for you to actually stick with a routine and for your skin as well.
I really rate the CeraVE hydrating cleanser - the bottle is huge and lasts for ages and I would recommend it for any skin type.
Then figure out what your skin needs. Do you need something hydrating, do you need moisture, is a skin concern you would like to address? And then build it from there.
The Inkey List has a recipe builder where you first take a quiz for your skin and they recommend you a couple of products. They're all very decently priced and so far I haven't found anything I didn't like.

Good luck :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Guys this is a bit weird but I sweat a lot, even when it’s not that warm out. Weirdly I’m mostly sweating from only my right armpit 😭 it doesn’t smell because I lather my underarms in deodorant but it’s just annoying.

ive tried a very high strength medical deodorant off Amazon and it stopped me sweating but it burneddddd when I put it on. Plus it causes a weird buildup of product. It works though. I just can’t stand the burn

Can someone please recommend a solution? 😭 terrified of the pain, so not sure about Botox injections…
You can get Botox in your armpits that stops the sweat completely. I haven’t tried it myself but my friend said it lasts about 6 months before you need to top up?

You can get Botox in your armpits that stops the sweat completely. I haven’t tried it myself but my friend said it lasts about 6 months before you need to top up?
I want to do it, it’s about £400ish privately but I’m just so scared of the pain 🥲 I’ve had my underarms lasered and I swear it’s gotten worse since then!

I want to do it, it’s about £400ish privately but I’m just so scared of the pain 🥲 I’ve had my underarms lasered and I swear it’s gotten worse since then!
I’m sure they could numb the area first and hopefully it wouldn’t be so bad?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Botoxed my forehead numerous times and barely felt it. Laser much more severe tbh!

I’m sure they could numb the area first and hopefully it wouldn’t be so bad?
I’m gonna call around today and ask if they numb the area. If so, I’m gonna go for it! It’s driving me crazy ☹

I’ve had my hole lasered and that was like 20/10 on the pain scale. If I sat through that, I should be able to get a bit of Botox 😂 it’s just the anticipation that’s making me scared!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Are the asda bras any good? I was going to buy the M&S Smoothing Padded Plunge Bra (€37) but... I'm cheap.... 😬 I'm only a 34B so hate spending big money on bras..

Are Newlook bras any good?

Also any tips on how to measure yourself? Nowhere near me seems to do it any more 🤷‍♀️
There's a website called "boob or bust" and you put in your measurements and calculates for you. Some people have been quite shocked and a totally different size to what they thought.

Reactions: 2
I'm going to a wedding at the end of May and have no idea what to wear! I want to look nice and put together. Would a knee length bodycon dress be appropriate? Or is something a bit looser than bodycon better for a wedding? I have no idea with clothes tbh 😅😅

I started wearing Primark pack of 3 bralettes with removable pads in lockdown but can't seem to make myself go back to the harnesses I used to wear before. 😄
Ugh I just can't deal with normal bras anymore. And every time I tried to do the measurements and get the apparently right size for me it feels awful. I don't need to be in a bra bear hug all day, my boobs don't need that much support!

I'm going to a wedding at the end of May and have no idea what to wear! I want to look nice and put together. Would a knee length bodycon dress be appropriate? Or is something a bit looser than bodycon better for a wedding? I have no idea with clothes tbh 😅😅
People have different opinions on that but I think bodycon is appropriate as long as it's not too revealing!

It is hard to find a nice dress for a wedding though, most dresses I see are either completely inappropriate or extremely frumpy. Not much in between.

Also so many one shoulder dresses! Why, they don't look good!! Keep seeing many nice dresses just to realise they're one shoulder!

When I think of wedding outfits I think of modelmouth. She's always going to weddings 😄. Here's a selection of last year's so some ideas and stockists wil be listed in her blurb. If you like what you see I expect she'll have some outfits coming up soon for this year

https://youtu.be/2LV0LTz-8TM
https://youtu.be/dp77SO0KrNU

• Heart
Ugh I just can't deal with normal bras anymore. And every time I tried to do the measurements and get the apparently right size for me it feels awful. I don't need to be in a bra bear hug all day, my boobs don't need that much support!

People have different opinions on that but I think bodycon is appropriate as long as it's not too revealing!

It is hard to find a nice dress for a wedding though, most dresses I see are either completely inappropriate or extremely frumpy. Not much in between.

Also so many one shoulder dresses! Why, they don't look good!! Keep seeing many nice dresses just to realise they're one shoulder!
Totally agree about wedding guest dresses!! They can be so hit and miss!
The one I'm thinking of is of is off the shoulders, shows no cleavage and tbh it's probably just past knee length on me. It's green so thinking of pairing it with some simple gold jewellery, not sure what colour hag and heels yet.

Has anyone had laser hair removal?
I've been getting it for the past 12 months on my full legs, pits and bits and it's the best thing I ever did! I really struggled with stubble and ingrown hairs, especially around the bikini lone. It's absolutely changed my life and I'd recommend it to anyone who's ever thought about getting it! So worth the money!

Reactions: 5
Totally agree about wedding guest dresses!! They can be so hit and miss!
The one I'm thinking of is of is off the shoulders, shows no cleavage and tbh it's probably just past knee length on me. It's green so thinking of pairing it with some simple gold jewellery, not sure what colour hag and heels yet.

I've been getting it for the past 12 months on my full legs, pits and bits and it's the best thing I ever did! I really struggled with stubble and ingrown hairs, especially around the bikini lone. It's absolutely changed my life and I'd recommend it to anyone who's ever thought about getting it! So worth the money!
Is it painful?

When I think of wedding outfits I think of modelmouth. She's always going to weddings 😄. Here's a selection of last year's so some ideas and stockists wil be listed in her blurb. If you like what you see I expect she'll have some outfits coming up soon for this year

https://youtu.be/2LV0LTz-8TM
https://youtu.be/dp77SO0KrNU
Ooh thanks for this!! I'll have a look at this for some inspo 😍 I'll probably end up ordering a few different styles and trying them all on!
---
Is it painful?
Some bits are more painful than others! I find the ankles very painful, the laser lady gives me a stress ball to squeeze 😅 but the rest of the leg is fine, not completely painless but doesn't hurt if that makes sense. It's like being flicked with an elastic band. It's so worth it though for not having to shave!

I’ve had underarms and Hollywood. Honestly underarms were near enough painless, but Hollywood was soooo painful, especially around the anal area I was crying 😭

i need a top up really (I had 7 sessions), because I have small baby hairs left. But I’m too scared to go back for Hollywood ☹

I’m starting my legs soon though 🦵🏼

whoever has had it, how much did you pay? If you don’t mind me asking

T

i’m one session in with my laser for chin and bits and i LOVE the results so far!

literally within 2 weeks i was bald down there 🤣 even my husband was impressed witj how quickly it worked 🤣🤣

although the new batch has grown out now and have my next session next week. Excited.Certain areas are VERY painful lol but having seen the results definitely worth it.

if anyone is debating it, don’t put it off, do it!

im going to do legs and arm pits after i finish thesea areas

I’m gonna call around today and ask if they numb the area. If so, I’m gonna go for it! It’s driving me crazy ☹

I’ve had my hole lasered and that was like 20/10 on the pain scale. If I sat through that, I should be able to get a bit of Botox 😂 it’s just the anticipation that’s making me scared!
I feel like such a granny asking this but did you just get your bumhole done or all the hair down there like a hollywood? Is it a thing?

• Heart
I’ve had underarms and Hollywood. Honestly underarms were near enough painless, but Hollywood was soooo painful, especially around the anal area I was crying 😭

i need a top up really (I had 7 sessions), because I have small baby hairs left. But I’m too scared to go back for Hollywood ☹

I’m starting my legs soon though 🦵🏼

whoever has had it, how much did you pay? If you don’t mind me asking
If you have one near you, Laser Clinics UK do some good half price deals every few months, cheapest I found by far!

• Heart
I feel like such a granny asking this but did you just get your bumhole done or all the hair down there like a hollywood? Is it a thing?
All the hair! 🙂 they do Hollywood, Brazilian, just anal area etc. it’s very customisable

If you have one near you, Laser Clinics UK do some good half price deals every few months, cheapest I found by far!
this is where I go! 😂 they’re very cheap tbh

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.