Your tips on how to look more Groomed, Glamorous or Polished #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone tried rosemary oil for hair growth? I've got a little bit of traction alopecia (not severe) from having my hair scraped up in a pony every day since I was a wee girl.

Reactions: 4
Does the lymphatic drainage massage work?
I like them to help with water retention before a holiday or something but apart from that it’s not something I would do regularly
---
Yeah - I naturally have a square (manly) jawline. If you clench your teeth together and touch the sides of your cheeks, you’ll feel the masseter muscle. Mine was very large and too pronounced. The Botox relaxes that muscle and in turn has slimmed my face and given it a more feminine look. It’s the only Botox I’ve had but it’s worth it.
I second this, it also really helps if you Grind your teeth in your sleep

Has anyone tried rosemary oil for hair growth? I've got a little bit of traction alopecia (not severe) from having my hair scraped up in a pony every day since I was a wee girl.
I’ve been using a hair oil that has rosemary oil as part of the mixture for a few months now. My hair dresser said she noticed my hair was more thicker on my last appt. I can spot new growth too where I put extra focus on applications.

I love this! Can I ask what face wash/shower gel you use for sensitive skin? Thank you!
Sure! I'm using the Original Source mango bodywash at the moment and there's no reactions but my skin is very dry after a shower - not sure if this is the bodywash or just the effects of winter. When it runs out I'm going to try a Dove one because they're supposed to be good for dry skin.

For cleansing and toning Aldi dupes are my favourite - bulk-buy to qualify for free delivery.
Their Pixi tonic dupe (very calming/soothing): https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-healthy-glow-rose-toner/p/717314533591000
Their Liz Earle dupe (I'm ordering their Vitamin C one to try!): https://www.aldi.co.uk/lacura-original-hot-cloth-cleanser/p/717311543198300

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I could afford all this is if I didn’t have a horse
Your horse probably brings you more joy.

There is still a gender pay gap, particularly evidenced at retirement age. Add in all the products and procedures is like another tax on top.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Love a Sunday pamper sesh! Sundays are my day off work so I redo my nails/toenails, trim my brows, shave the peach fuzz on my face, shave legs/underarms/bikini line. Wash/dry/straighten my hair, tanning mist for the face/dove gradual tan for body. Feel like a new woman 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone suffer with dry skin? Recently diagnosed with psoriasis and have psoriatic arthritis … my forehead is so dry and keeps peeling 😭 anyone recommend anything ? Is elemis any good? I love their cleanser but never used anything else

Reactions: 3
I have psoriasis, a mild steroid cream will help loads. I use superdrug vitamin e cream, inkey list cleanser and hyaluronic acid

Reactions: 1
@Princess of Scots I used to buy Weleda’s rosemary hair oil but it honestly did nothing except for smelling nice. I went through a couple of bottles before giving up 🤷‍♀️ I am not a professional, but in my personal experience, supplements are more effective for hair growth than oils and shampoos.

@Jam jam I think CND Vinylux is amazing, it usually lasts 5-9 days on me — the exact number of days depends on the colour (certain colours such as red and black are more prone to chipping) and your lifestyle (doing the dishes or cleaning a lot can ruin any manicure no matter how good the polish is so my advice is to always wear gloves when doing household chores).

Can anyone share their thoughts (and tips) on getting hair extensions (tagging @goosecat and @Bubbledoggyyeah as I’ve just seen you both mention extensions in your routines 😊)? It’s something I’ve never done before but want to try.

Reactions: 5
Thanks to the tattler who mentioned Eveline 8 in 1 nail conditioner, I’ve been using it and my nails look gorgeous!
Xx

Sorry if this is out of line and genuinely no shade intended but how do people afford all these treatments? I wonder if I’m majorly going wrong with money somewhere sometimes.

I had a facial mole removed at a private clinic and I have Invisalign somewhere that does lots of other cosmetic treatments and I see women coming out looking fabulous having had various treatments but it costs loads. I earn decentish money but just couldn’t afford to be getting loads done and wouldn’t want to start getting it done as a one off and then not able to maintain it. At least with Invisalign I figured the costs are pretty finite. Once I’m done I only have to keep paying for the night retainers.
Don’t compare yourself and let it get you down. You never know someone’s full situation and their lifestyle! Their wages/mortgage or rent/smoker/drinker/social bunny/recluse. There are so many factors to take into consideration when thinking ‘how does one afford all this’. We’re also now in a generation where having a credit card/loan/debt is completely normalised. Don’t be fooled by what you see on social media. It took me a while to realise this but honestly, you’ll feel so much better for it x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Anyone suffer with dry skin? Recently diagnosed with psoriasis and have psoriatic arthritis … my forehead is so dry and keeps peeling 😭 anyone recommend anything ? Is elemis any good? I love their cleanser but never used anything else
I have psoriasis too - have it quite bad in my eyebrows and ears. I swear by the Inkey List oat cleanser, doesn’t smell particularly great but leaves my face feeling really soft. I then use la Roche posay cicaplast Baumé on my face and epaderm on my body. Just started light therapy too and seeing good results as the steroid creams done nothing.

• Heart
@Princess of Scots I used to buy Weleda’s rosemary hair oil but it honestly did nothing except for smelling nice. I went through a couple of bottles before giving up 🤷‍♀️ I am not a professional, but in my personal experience, supplements are more effective for hair growth than oils and shampoos.

@Jam jam I think CND Vinylux is amazing, it usually lasts 5-9 days on me — the exact number of days depends on the colour (certain colours such as red and black are more prone to chipping) and your lifestyle (doing the dishes or cleaning a lot can ruin any manicure no matter how good the polish is so my advice is to always wear gloves when doing household chores).

Can anyone share their thoughts (and tips) on getting hair extensions (tagging @goosecat and @Bubbledoggyyeah as I’ve just seen you both mention extensions in your routines 😊)? It’s something I’ve never done before but want to try.
I’ve had tapes before, which were good but needed maintenance every 6 weeks to still look decent but now I have micro beads (I think that’s what they’re called!) which I can leave about 9 weeks. Although they take ages to dry they save me time daily cause my unruly natural hair is hidden by them! I can’t imagine not having extensions, apart from in lockdown I’ve had them about 10 years now.

• Heart
How long did it take for you to see a difference? My nails grow very quickly but split 😞
I’ve only had it on a week so too soon to judge.
The best my nails have been in years were early this year when I was recovering from surgery. I had to rest a lot and was using nail oil and hand cream religiously. They grew beautifully. So might be worth you trying? I’m back to looking after 23 horses again now and although I’m trying to wear gloves more it’s a killer for nails!

• Heart
I’ve only had it on a week so too soon to judge.
The best my nails have been in years were early this year when I was recovering from surgery. I had to rest a lot and was using nail oil and hand cream religiously. They grew beautifully. So might be worth you trying? I’m back to looking after 23 horses again now and although I’m trying to wear gloves more it’s a killer for nails!
I do wash my hands alot and even though I rub in leftover face cream into my hands they are always dry! I need to be more disciplined with the handcream I have... and never use even though it works!! 🙈 it's like I can just never fit that step in 😕

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.